Detroit Got the Detroit tuned today by Diesel Dr. in Effingham, IL

This is my biggest issue caused by the speed limiter. When it turns off power at 63 it won’t turn it back on till your down to 60.
I get my power at 63 even though I'm governed to 60 with cruise. Hills aside, I can run 63 all day long if I'm not too lazy with my foot and/or don't care about my bonus.

Both of which have been true lately.

That’s because Eaton sucks at auto.
I always appreciate your posts and input, truly. Just know that transmissions are just as easily programmable as engines. Bad experiences are normally (not always) the result of what ever garbage a company did to a truck. I have an Eaton 10 speed stripped all the way down to factory programming. No limits, no forced shift points, no economy settings forced on me. It is for sure not awesome in the mountains because the ratio is too low on the final drive. But where I normally run in the midwest, it's beautiful. Even in the mountains under a heavy load I'm not doing too terribly bad. If companies have drivers the power to shift like an intelligent human being I believe everyone in the equation would be happy. But we all know how that road goes....

I always appreciate your posts and input, truly. Just know that transmissions are just as easily programmable as engines. Bad experiences are normally (not always) the result of what ever garbage a company did to a truck. I have an Eaton 10 speed stripped all the way down to factory programming. No limits, no forced shift points, no economy settings forced on me. It is for sure not awesome in the mountains because the ratio is too low on the final drive. But where I normally run in the midwest, it's beautiful. Even in the mountains under a heavy load I'm not doing too terribly bad. If companies have drivers the power to shift like an intelligent human being I believe everyone in the equation would be happy. But we all know how that road goes....
That’s the thing if I ran like North Dakota to Michigan wide from north to south on the map it would be fine. But because I go everywhere. And all the limiters it sucks.

That’s the thing if I ran like North Dakota to Michigan wide from north to south on the map it would be fine. But because I go everywhere. And all the limiters it sucks.
I'm growing tired of our stupid limiter games. Like no cruise and no wipers at the same time and yet a bonus based on not going over 60 and still having to be productive or get stuck out of hours in a day cab.

It's BS.

Hammering down is so much less stressful, and you get done a wee bit quicker.

I'm growing tired of our stupid limiter games. Like no cruise and no wipers at the same time and yet a bonus based on not going over 60 and still having to be productive or get stuck out of hours in a day cab.

It's BS.

Hammering down is so much less stressful, and you get done a wee bit quicker.
They tell you in a class that 57 is the best spot to run your truck for fuel savings...**** that! I’m hammer down at 62 everywhere!

I’ll aint asking for an 80mph truck but I think a 65 cruise and a 68 throttle to pass should be acceptable.
Same. But 70 for Virginia would be better since we spend a lot of time there.

I won't be leaving the money. I'll be leaving the mind numbing plodding, stressful games, and office politics.

Heck the job itself isn't even bad. I'll be leaving because Schneider makes it irritating.

Same. But 70 for Virginia would be better since we spend a lot of time there.

I won't be leaving the money. I'll be leaving the mind numbing plodding, stressful games, and office politics.
I can’t blame you. While I don’t see a ton of that here, the ****ing autoshifts and the speedlimiter drive me nuts.

I can’t blame you. While I don’t see a ton of that here, the ****ing autoshifts and the speedlimiter drive me nuts.
Last three nights have been decent. Instead of feeding us one load at a time, they went back to giving me at least half my night at once. And I barely needed them for anything except one fax and zip ties.

It's slightly more tolerable when they leave me alone. But the driving is always more stressful than it needs to be due to the "strategizing."

I played around with the new Ram, set the cruise at 70 and it was just like....oh hell yes. You glide, come up on someone, glide around them, slip back into the slow lane, keep rolling. If you need to punch it for a minute you just do it and get it over with.

That's what I freaking need.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread