Got a Twitter account? Go make some comments here!

They're mostly just bitching about 53 footers, not all trucks. Apparently illegal in NYC. I didn't know that but if that's true then yeah send short ones in. It makes sense.

They've always been illegal in NYC.

102" also.

Nobody cares anymore.

I was trolling Twitter yesterday and actually got a comment deleted by The Hill.

They posted an article about a "Mass Casualty Event" of birds flying into sky scrapers.

I commented, "At least it's not airplanes".

For some reason they deleted that one.

I guess I'm not a very good troll. Maybe I need to practice more.

They're mostly just bitching about 53 footers, not all trucks. Apparently illegal in NYC. I didn't know that but if that's true then yeah send short ones in. It makes sense.
Been the case forever, and been sending 53's in forever. It's one of those "spitting on the sidewalks" laws.

Tell me how you are going to justify the cost of loading produce in Mexico on a 53, then at some point getting it split into two trailer loads to deliver into Manhattan? That, or somehow getting two small trailers into Mexico and sent to anywhere in NYC? The rate doesn't double, it more than doubles.

if you can find enough 48's, you can't even use them with today's trucks in OTR applications because the 55' limit is still going to come into play.

This has been ignored since shortly after 53's became commonplace, and will continue to be ignored.

personally, I'm not going there with a 53 or a 48 with today's trucks, but that's enough story.

Been the case forever, and been sending 53's in forever. It's one of those "spitting on the sidewalks" laws.

Tell me how you are going to justify the cost of loading produce in Mexico on a 53, then at some point getting it split into two trailer loads to deliver into Manhattan? That, or somehow getting two small trailers into Mexico and sent to anywhere in NYC? The rate doesn't double, it more than doubles.

if you can find enough 48's, you can't even use them with today's trucks in OTR applications because the 55' limit is still going to come into play.

This has been ignored since shortly after 53's became commonplace, and will continue to be ignored.

personally, I'm not going there with a 53 or a 48 with today's trucks, but that's enough story.
Don't argue it with me. Point is the law already exists and they want enforcement. That's fair. Don't we want enforcement of laws too?

You already said you're not going there so it's not really your problem.

Don't argue it with me. Point is the law already exists and they want enforcement. That's fair. Don't we want enforcement of laws too?

You already said you're not going there so it's not really your problem.

Excuse me? I can argue it with whomever I want.

I pay to operate a trucking community that is about this thing called trucking, so pretty much everything trucking is my problem if I choose to make it so.

NYC is a ****ed up stupid mess. Truckers are forced to deliver freigth in areas where they know they will get parking tickets for stopping to deliver a package. Seriously, a package delivery is going to result in a ticket if anybody is watching. it's stupid rules by the city that screws over the trucking industry daily.

Excuse me? I can argue it with whomever I want.

I pay to operate a trucking community that is about this thing called trucking, so pretty much everything trucking is my problem if I choose to make it so.

NYC is a ****ed up stupid mess. Truckers are forced to deliver freigth in areas where they know they will get parking tickets for stopping to deliver a package. Seriously, a package delivery is going to result in a ticket if anybody is watching. it's stupid rules by the city that screws over the trucking industry daily.
You're getting sassy in your old age.

NYC is simply too congested for 53 footers. It's been shown time and time again. Add in the inexperience of the new guy who usually gets forced dispatched into going because anyone with experience will tell the dispatcher to go suck himself, and it's hell. Doing away with the law wouldn't change anything. You already said so yourself...it's ignored.

A new guy with a 28 foot pup is going to do a lot less damage.

Sassy? Seriously, sassy? My wife makes that comment to my daughters.

It's a rule that needs to go away. Why? because it is completely ignored, but it exists and can be selectively used to **** over truck drivers in legal situations.

Enforce it or get rid of it.

It's not enforced, so my decree stands, go torment the whiny little bitches on the twitter page.

Lol. So you're arguing for nothing.
youare GIF

NYC is simply too congested for 53 footers. It's been shown time and time again. Add in the inexperience of the new guy who usually gets forced dispatched into going because anyone with experience will tell the dispatcher to go suck himself, and it's hell. Doing away with the law wouldn't change anything. You already said so yourself...it's ignored.

A new guy with a 28 foot pup is going to do a lot less damage.
I was into the new WTC with a 53 step deck spread several times. Made a U turn right in Battery Park.

A local heavy haul guy with a 3 axle RGN held up traffic for me once when I went in the day time.

The first time I went in and slept right on the street. Like in the MIDDLE of the street. The crates the granite was in had PROPERTY OF THE CITY OF NEW YORK stamps on them so the cops left me alone. I slept pretty good.

53s can move around in the city just fine.

I was into the new WTC with a 53 step deck spread several times. Made a U turn right in Battery Park.

A local heavy haul guy with a 3 axle RGN held up traffic for me once when I went in the day time.

The first time I went in and slept right on the street. Like in the MIDDLE of the street. The crates the granite was in had PROPERTY OF THE CITY OF NEW YORK stamps on them so the cops left me alone. I slept pretty good.

53s can move around in the city just fine.
Most of the members here aren't the average or below average truck driver that gets sent there to tear shit up.

Most of us are pretty much above average for the entire industry from what I've gathered so far.

I wonder if Teamsters or some other union lobbied (bribed) for that law just so they have to use more trucks to get the same amount of freight delivered, and therefore have to employ more union members who pay dues.

That's why local 710 didn't allow the use of the 34 hr reset.

I wonder if Teamsters or some other union lobbied (bribed) for that law just so they have to use more trucks to get the same amount of freight delivered, and therefore have to employ more union members who pay dues.

That's why local 710 didn't allow the use of the 34 hr reset.
Maybe. But it's congested as hell regardless.

I didn't even know about the 53' rule. I wish I did.
One company that I worked for that lost all its customers and was working off load boards found a load going to NYC paying exceptional rates.
They called me and said, we got a load for you going to NYC.
No you don't. We don't go to NYC. Read the drivers handbook, No NYC!

I guess they figured R.J. is kind of a dick sometimes and they called my buddy. Hey we got a load going to NYC for you. He said no you don't. We don't go to NYC. read the drivers handbook.

They called me back and said we will give you $100.00 bonus to take this load to NYC.
:rolllaugh:Not a ****ing chance!
I just wish I could have told them don't even try to broker this load out because 53' are a no-go.

The worst city to drive in is actually Pittsburgh.

This NYC this is Channel 19 lunch counter bullshit.

I did it every week for four years and the only place I had an issue was the Staten Island Post Office. Believe it or not.

If you have a plan and can drive its nothing.

None of these things help in Pittsburgh.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread