Lease Purchase Freymiller

Yeah Freymiller is the same but the rates are rarely that high. I have heard of out drivers seeing that much but I haven't seen it so far.

Steeple who meekly wait in line don't get detention...

I show up, worst I have waited is for 2 hours, purely because a crane needed to move to be able to lift my product off. Once they did that, they flew the product onto cribbing so I could leave while they did logistical bits on their end to actually put it where it needed to be.

Still better than any WM live unload... lol

At Prime it varies depending on the contract with the shipper, but is specified in the dispatch whether it is paid when the shipper is billed or if there is no detention at all. Typical terms are $50 per hour starting at 2 hours after the appointment time with no cap. Most shippers require our detention stamp with the arrival, departure and appointmenttimes annotated. We are reminded to stamp the bills by dispatch and sales frequently - Prime is quite aggressive in collecting detention, and passing it on to both company drivers and lease/owner operators.

I imagine all carriers, large and small, will become even more aggressive regarding detention after the end of this year. With ELD's, folks are going to want their time accounted for, rather than just making it up later by editing everything.

I imagine all carriers, large and small, will become even more aggressive regarding detention after the end of this year. With ELD's, folks are going to want their time accounted for, rather than just making it up later by editing everything.
True Dat!
And there is no reason why trucks and drivers should have been giving their time and equipments time away for free all of these years.

True Dat!
And there is no reason why trucks and drivers should have been giving their time and equipments time away for free all of these years.
But but but but it is the way it is done RJ:scared:

Come on we can't actually demand money for people wasting our time

images

/Sarcasm for the sheep:ninja:

The average intermodal detention time for leased carriers in my area are getting around 45 an hour after the standard 2 hours free. The free 2 hours has always bothered me for deliveries/pickups that are bound to appointment times. The clock should start when you arrive. No free hours bullshit unless you just stumble in anytime you want. That's understandable at that point since they have to schedule your arrival around whatever is happening at that particular time. Just one more thing to appreciate about open deck work. Also, most customers are pretty happy to see you as opposed to van freight.

The average intermodal detention time for leased carriers in my area are getting around 45 an hour after the standard 2 hours free. The free 2 hours has always bothered me for deliveries/pickups that are bound to appointment times. The clock should start when you arrive. No free hours bullshit unless you just stumble in anytime you want. That's understandable at that point since they have to schedule your arrival around whatever is happening at that particular time. Just one more thing to appreciate about open deck work. Also, most customers are pretty happy to see you as opposed to van freight.
There should be no free two hours for the driver. If the company wants to allow an hour or two hours to unload then they can eat that loss themselves.
I made the argument with one company that 2 hour free is too long to sit for free. Their comeback was, the wait time is built into your CPM.
Okay now wait a minute. If my CPM puts me at say $23 per hour average and I think that is not bad but, free wait time is driving down my average pay. So am I worth the money or not?:dunno: How is it that a shippers performance reflects my pay?:dunno:
I know it is pretty abstract, i just hope my rational can be understood.

Yes, in flatbed the forklift drivers were like rabid dogs. I could not get the straps off fast enough, they were right there waiting.:thumbsup:

There should be no free two hours for the driver. If the company wants to allow an hour or two hours to unload then they can eat that loss themselves.
I made the argument with one company that 2 hour free is too long to sit for free. Their comeback was, the wait time is built into your CPM.
Okay now wait a minute. If my CPM puts me at say $23 per hour average and I think that is not bad but, free wait time is driving down my average pay. So am I worth the money or not?:dunno: How is it that a shippers performance reflects my pay?:dunno:
I know it is pretty abstract, i just hope my rational can be understood.

Yes, in flatbed the forklift drivers were like rabid dogs. I could not get the straps off fast enough, they were right there waiting.:thumbsup:
Absolutely! It's not the driver's business and he/she should get paid. Let the business figure it out on their own. I always laugh when I hear the talk of high turnover rates. Well, this is a prime example of why companies lose good drivers.

One good thing about my gig, and I have to remember this when I go in and argue with the manager tomorrow so I don't get too heated, is that our detention does start when we arrive whether it's a live or a D&H. And when it's a live we get minimum $10.

It doesn't make up for everything since we make a helluva lot more when we're moving than when we're not, but it helps at least a little. Our detention pay itself sucks though.

Absolutely! It's not the driver's business and he/she should get paid. Let the business figure it out on their own. I always laugh when I hear the talk of high turnover rates. Well, this is a prime example of why companies lose good drivers.
Yeah and with today's technology, they can figure out on a driver by driver basis what each one should get and when it should start paying out.

Eg I typically do a D&H in about 25 minutes and overall when dividing weekly gross by hours in, I'm around $30/hr. So IMHO I should get $30 an hour after 25-30 minutes.

If another driver does his in 20 and averages $32/hr, that's what he should get.

A lazy driver who takes an hour and averages $20 should get $20/hr after an hour.

It keeps us making what we normally would.

Cutting my hourly in half just because I'm sitting still on a "break" that I don't want or need kills my paycheck. Not that it even is a break in a sleeperless power unit and flagged On Duty.

Yeah and with today's technology, they can figure out on a driver by driver basis what each one should get and when it should start paying out.

Eg I typically do a D&H in about 25 minutes and overall when dividing weekly gross by hours in, I'm around $30/hr. So IMHO I should get $30 an hour after 25-30 minutes.

If another driver does his in 20 and averages $32/hr, that's what he should get.

A lazy driver who takes an hour and averages $20 should get $20/hr after an hour.

Cutting my hourly in half just because I'm sitting still on a "break" that I don't want or need kills my paycheck. Not that it even is a break in a sleeperless power unit and flagged On Duty.

:coocoo:

You gotta quit smokin' that ditch weed. You wanna get paid like that, you need to talk to @Tazz an' his spoiled buddies.

I like the mileage pay for OTR/regional drivers because it's incentive based but when miles are out of the control of the driver like waiting for dispatch to find them a load or sitting at a dock) they get screwed and that's just wrong. However, mileage local guys are really getting screwed and I'm seeing lots more of it after our last economic crash happened. They're only getting away with it because they have people actually agreeing to it.

I like the mileage pay for OTR/regional drivers because it's incentive based but when miles are out of the control of the driver like waiting for dispatch to find them a load or sitting at a dock) they get screwed and that's just wrong. However, mileage local guys are really getting screwed and I'm seeing lots more of it after our last economic crash happened. They're only getting away with it because they have people actually agreeing to it.
Yeah I'm local and mileage + load. I chose nights though because of increased productivity and the shift differential on load pay. Works out to about 20k more a year.

I wouldn't do days here. Even if they increased load pay, you can't do as many because of all the delays. Traffic, clogged gatehouses, long fuel lines, etc.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread