Freight Relocators driver check call. Check in early and often!

Probably because of Walmart HQ being so close by with their own cemetery.
It’s getting crazier and crazier here, lol.

Electric vans delivering groceries. Not just to your door, but into your house and put away in the fridge.

One Walmart here in Bentonville now is going live with robots shopping for groceries when you make an online order.

That Walmart even has a drone station. Flight testing looks like it is almost complete. Walmart does lots of delivery that is simply one item, won’t be long until that one item is flying over our heads.

Walmart spark drivers are now also doing deliveries for other businesses, including deliveries from parts stores.

And the driverless delivery vehicles. Just wait for it to arrive and go grab your groceries, lol.

Same for me in Northwest Arkansas The cost of houses increased significantly from the time I moved here at the end of 2014 until I finally purchased a home in 2019. Since 2019, the value of my home has more than doubled and showing no signs of seeing that trend reverse.
Sold the Ft. Lauderdale place in 2016 for $290k and bought this place up here, double the square footage (3000) and lot (1/2 acre) for $194k. I was running the retirement numbers and found the value to now be $490k. The space agencies are going nuts, bringing people in for work. Apartments and condos are getting out of reach if you make less than $300k/yr. These newbie execs don't have time for home maintenance.

Sold the Ft. Lauderdale place in 2016 for $290k and bought this place up here, double the square footage (3000) and lot (1/2 acre) for $194k. I was running the retirement numbers and found the value to now be $490k. The space agencies are going nuts, bringing people in for work. Apartments and condos are getting out of reach if you make less than $300k/yr. These newbie execs don't have time for home maintenance.
My sister is near Tampa, that is where they chose to retire.

Oldest daughters boyfriend is looking to possibly re-enlist in the USMC if he can get an instructor duty station in Pensacola. If that works out, looks like that is where my daughter and soon to be granddaughter will go once here enlistment is up.

I just prefer the East coast. In the summer, the West coast is brutally hot. We get the eastern sea breeze. Panama City, Pensacola area in the big bend is like a hurricane magnate. The bosses wanted to move me up there as an Av-Gas driver. All moving expenses paid and $150k/yr. No, thank you. I would have bought into one of those 80 hour a week positions. Plus, they are all still rebuilding up there. I'm too old to be building another house.

I just prefer the East coast. In the summer, the West coast is brutally hot. We get the eastern sea breeze. Panama City, Pensacola area in the big bend is like a hurricane magnate. The bosses wanted to move me up there as an Av-Gas driver. All moving expenses paid and $150k/yr. No, thank you. I would have bought into one of those 80 hour a week positions. Plus, they are all still rebuilding up there. I'm too old to be building another house.
That may be why you can surf in Panama City. (I don't know)

I used to go to Panama City to pick up a load that was destuffed from a container from Mexico. I am not sure why they would send a ship from Mexico to the U.S., but they did.

One time there was a hurricane in the area and the ship was delayed. So disappointed I would have to layover. ( not really) I stopped in Tallahassee and then made my way toward Panama City.
I would take that load in Bond to Detroit, cancel the bonds and then proceed to Canada and clear the load there.

Really strange feeling starting at dawn and being done before brunch.

Basically spent my day fetching empties back to our yard, so no messing with the rail. Went to Amazon 3 times. First two, empties were outside the gate so I didn't have to check in. Third one, no more empties outside so I had to check in.

Outsourced Indian through the intercom in a call center with so many loud voices around him that we couldn't hear each other. Sever minutes back and forth of "say that again" and I said f this and went around their gate. Grabbed my empty and hit the outgate. Same indian outsourcing but this one didn't sound so much like he was in a busy restaurant. But he lost communication or something because it went dead and I didn't get a lifted gate.

Knocked on the window where a guy was playing Tetris or something on his phone, told him what happened, and in a few seconds the gate was opened.

If you're going to pay someone to sit in the guard shack anyway, you might as well have him do the work.

Really strange feeling starting at dawn and being done before brunch.

Basically spent my day fetching empties back to our yard, so no messing with the rail. Went to Amazon 3 times. First two, empties were outside the gate so I didn't have to check in. Third one, no more empties outside so I had to check in.

Outsourced Indian through the intercom in a call center with so many loud voices around him that we couldn't hear each other. Sever minutes back and forth of "say that again" and I said f this and went around their gate. Grabbed my empty and hit the outgate. Same indian outsourcing but this one didn't sound so much like he was in a busy restaurant. But he lost communication or something because it went dead and I didn't get a lifted gate.

Knocked on the window where a guy was playing Tetris or something on his phone, told him what happened, and in a few seconds the gate was opened.

If you're going to pay someone to sit in the guard shack anyway, you might as well have him do the work.
I had that happen at Amazon.
They had all the windows covered with a wrap type thing, with a number to call.
I called the number and couldn't understand what the guy was saying.
Next the guy I was talking to slides open the wrap covered window and gives me instructions.
Why call a number? Why not just slide open the window or come outside in the first place?
Clearly this system doesn't work. I think them being on Blu-tooth head sets exacerbates the problem!

I had that happen at Amazon.
They had all the windows covered with a wrap type thing, with a number to call.
I called the number and couldn't understand what the guy was saying.
Next the guy I was talking to slides open the wrap covered window and gives me instructions.
Why call a number? Why not just slide open the window or come outside in the first place?
Clearly this system doesn't work. I think them being on Blu-tooth head sets exacerbates the problem!
Back when it was onsite guards you could text the number and get faster service. But now you have to mush mouth through a bad drive thru intercom. It's truly tedious.

Man I walked up Tacos Tuesday at a bar 5/6 blocks my house last night..

Forgot my lighter wanted go outside & smoke and some lady asked me 4 cigarettes & use of her lighter .

All I do "remember" she was "Fat" her name was "Shannon" gave me a "Ride" Home dropped me off..

Now I gotta leave go 2 work about 15 minutes playing that over & over in my head "Scratching My Skull"..

But I don't think I did "anything" or "Un-Faithul" to my squeeze "Kristina"..

I do "Know" that I can "Never" Take her there "Ever Again" to Eat..

It's a "Corner Bar & Grill" Good Food "Awesome" Fish Fry..

But somebody "seen" ME mentioned it I'm "Screwed"

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread