A few of my early rides

Ancient History...

My first real driving job was hauling chemicals using this "Two Story Ford" with a, state of the art, air ride cab. It literally felt as though it was gonna' lay over on it's side when making turns.
Can you tell Jerry Reed was my hero?
View attachment 12326

View attachment 12327

My 1st ex-wife... she's still hangin' around, but, she might be my 1st ex, one day.
View attachment 12328

My first truck as an O/O... A Louisville Ford with a 238 Detroit... Sounded like a Yamahahahaha... The good lookin' fellow is my son.
View attachment 12329

Everybody needs to own at least one Bulldog... I loved this truck.
View attachment 12330

View attachment 12331

Then I just had to have a "hood"... This was a fun little "hot-rod" that kept me is some kinda' trouble. The IRS eventually put an end to the spree as an O/O, but, I had a lot of fun, and, made quite a bit of money. Those days are gone, but, now I can sleep at night.

View attachment 12332
View attachment 12326View attachment 12327View attachment 12328View attachment 12329View attachment 12330View attachment 12331View attachment 12332

That COE Ford was innovative for it's time.
I remember quite a few with a "crooked smile" between the grille sections, when an air bag malfunctioned on one side.
I always thought the pickup truck style steering wheel was cool.

A couple of my early rides: '74 KW 350 Cummins, 13sp, 433 rears and the brightest blue and yellow paint you ever saw.
second one, my first truck as an owner operator, with the same company, National Distributors (first incarnation)
'74 International Transtar II 350 Cummins, 13sp, 444 rears. Good truck the Binder! Wish I had some of that hair back!
74kenworth.jpg
[/IMG]
oldbinder.jpg
[/IMG]

Rraccoon, you look like most of the dudes I hung out with back then.
Hell, we might have shared a doob at one time or another.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread