Does anyone have information on Lone star transportation?

Sondawgg

I did two years of otr tanker. Got out of it and got a local gig at waste management. That came to a stop. Looking to go back otr. Filled out an application with Lone star transportation. Waiting to hear back from them. Does anyone have any information on them. Thank you in advance.

I don't have any experience with them myself, but I know of two drivers that have no complaints whatsoever about them.

Big outfit, lots of different aspects of flatbed and specialized hauling up to and including wind tower stuff, mulit-axle trailers and heavy equipment, etc. In other words, endless potential to challenge yourself.

eLogs, governed trucks. Decent safety record though and decent equipment for company guys. Some o/o trucks look a little rough, not sure what the story is there.

Some o/o trucks look a little rough, not sure what the story is there.
We'll be seeing a lot of rough-looking trucks in the future. No O/O with an IQ over 72 will buy anything with the last round of EPA crap on it.

Yup. I scan the Landstar board as an indicator for freight in the areas I'm going to and already I've seen things like "Premium Rate because it's a CALIFORNIA load". Mercer too.

New trucks are expensive. And Pre-Emission used ones too. So only big companies with the coin to buy new equipment, or well off O/O will run there. Funny...one state causes an entire market adjustment like that.

Ya, probably Texas. They are all small except for TX which has 595 trucks. 50% bad rating on HOS and 50% bad rating on maintenance. Lots of miles which is a good thing for anyone wanting to make money.

The one I posted has those ratings? Really?

The one I posted has those ratings? Really?

Ya but they are a big company. No triangle in any of their ratings. Still not bad.

I did look at some of their inspections and their getting screwed by DOT doing what they are not suppose to do. One inspection got them 48 points on multiple lights out. All DOT have been told they can't do that. You just get written up for 1 light no matter how many are out. Same thing with like a bad tire. You can only write it up once and not for each tire.

Funny...one state causes an entire market adjustment like that.

Not that strange. From the last time I looked, if the Peoples Republic of California were its own country, it would have the 8th largest economy in the world. I did some research a couple of years ago. The budget of the University of California (the system) is larger than the budget of the State of Alaska.

Not that strange. From the last time I looked, if the Peoples Republic of California were its own country, it would have the 8th largest economy in the world. I did some research a couple of years ago. The budget of the University of California (the system) is larger than the budget of the State of Alaska.
Large budget does not equal large economy. It simply means the state government spends a lot. Just like having a large amount of tax revenue only means they steal a lot from their citizens.

If California were it's own country, it would be up **** creek in less than a year because they wouldn't be able to mooch off the other 49 states. The state is already bankrupt & trying to pay it's bills with IOU's.

So can anyone give me some info on LST? I've found some on their website but need more specifics.

Average annual pay?

Average home time?

Just basic stuff like that.

Hello @Retlow8, I moved your post here. Not a lot of info but it's clear many people are looking at this company. Hopefully something turns up soon.

Welcome to the forum, and thanks for being literate.

Lol , no problem. I pride myself in my spelling abilities.

I got a call from Lone Star today. They told me I'm approved and asked when I wanted to come down. I'm laid up with injury right now but when I'm done I'll be there. From what I've heard its an excellent company to work for. I'm just wanting to know what to expect before I get there. Also where I should move the family to get to see them most. I'd don't want to take away time from the company but I also don't want to neglect my family. I'm trying to get that balance between them.

Last edited:
Well I never went. They wanted me out 3 weeks min. and only a 48 home. I went with a local company around my home, Beelman Truck Company. So far no regrets, except still being in Illinois...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread