Death Penalty for Diddlers

Fair trial. If convicted beyond a shadow of doubt, .... fry his ass.

No trial. Your naked in a room with my toddler you are DRT.

You can not fix these scumbags, you can not rehabilitate them. There is one cure for their disease and it involves rapid injections of soft metals into vital organs like the heart and brain.

This jack off served 4 years of a 7 year sentance for raping a minor? The judge, the parole board who cut him loose, his fracking lawyer, the jury that sentenced him, and the original prosecutor all need publicly flogged.

Unfriggin believable:rant:

I totally agree for the reasons stated in the prior posts. Jerry Active needs to go. Having known some of his extended family, I feel bad for them. Stanley Active Sr. was on the Togiak City Council when I was the city administrator. He was a good guy as was his son. Check Stanley Active Jr. VPSO via a search engine and you'll see what I mean. But no matter the virtues of the family members, Jerry did what he did and he should die.

Fair trial. If convicted beyond a shadow of doubt, .... fry his ass.

His previous record proves him unrepentant, and unremorseful, and as such I move we skip trial based on this and previous actions, and move right to execution.

His previous record proves him unrepentant, and unremorseful, and as such I move we skip trial based on this and previous actions, and move right to execution.

THis is one matter where I'd take my constitution-loving ass & walk away & pretend I didn't see a thing while y'all were stringing him up.

This kind of crime makes me dream up the most hideous torturous death for people who harm children in this way. I agree with all of you, death.. but I wouldn't get to hasty with it.. I would want it to linger in the most insufferably, agonizing, exquisite manner.

Hand him over to the Tribe. They'll know what to do with him.

Do you mean like a tribal court to try Jerry Active? I think that tribal court jurisdiction covers crimes on tribal lands if the owning tribe has criminal laws. This crime was in Anchorage and may have been on Eklutna Corp. land thus territorial jurisdiction might apply and perhaps personal jurisdiction. I doubt that Jerry is a member of the Eklutna Tribe. But I think that either of these bases (territorial or personal) for tribal jurisdiction would be shaky.

Sally (actually Helen Sally) Smith (past president of the Alaska Tribal Health Consortium) is an educated tribal judge. Should you contact her, she may have some notion of whether tribal jurisdiction would attach. Further, although Sally might be a judge for the Dillingham tribe (I think that the name of the tribe has been changed from Choggiung or perhaps Choggiung is the corporate entity of the Dillingham tribe), she resides in Dillingham when not in Washington D.C., Anchorage, some business center, or some state capital -- Sally is really smart. As mentioned, Sally would know but would probably have to recuse herself as she probably knows Jerry and his relatives. But if anybody on the ground would know, Sally probably would.

I know a couple of lawyers who do tribal stuff, Sam Fortier (Anchorage) comes to mind as well as Myron Angstman (Bethel). Fortier and I have crossed swords over Alaska Native lands issues but I thought him to be fair. Joe Nelson, a member of the Yakutat Tribe, is an attorney in Juneau; however I do not know if he is conversant with Alaska Native Law. David Case (who may still practice here in Anchorage) wrote THE book on native law although the emphasis is on land issues, "Alaska Natives and American Laws" but I think that the book is out of print and I'm not getting rid of my copy.

In sum, I'm guessing Alaska State Courts will handle Jerry Active. And with a little luck Jerry will never again be a free man. Recall that we're enlightened here in Alaska: We have no death penalty. Hope this helps.

Who said anything about White Man style courts?

I know how nasty my People (the Apache) can be and, in fact, had (have) a well-earned reputation for brutality and ruthlessness in the application of bush (desert) justice.

I have heard our Northern Cousins could teach us a thing or two about it.

Spent some time around the Ute res. They knew a thing or two about justice. Still shaking my head at the lessons I learned there.

Had a Shaman promise to tell me my future if I would help him harvest once, after a long day he did. "One day you will die" :shocked:

Actually taught me more with that lesson than all the parochial schools I got kicked out of.

Had a Shaman promise to tell me my future if I would help him harvest once, after a long day he did. "One day you will die" :shocked:
I had a fortune cookie once that said "You are no longer hungry"

Who said anything about White Man style courts?

I know how nasty my People (the Apache) can be and, in fact, had (have) a well-earned reputation for brutality and ruthlessness in the application of bush (desert) justice.

I have heard our Northern Cousins could teach us a thing or two about it.

Did I miss something? Right now Jerry is in "white man" jail. I don't know his village; however I assume it's Dillingham, Manokotak, Twin Hills, Togiak, or one of the villages up the Nushagak River. All of these villages are also tribes. When you said to "hand him over to the Tribe" I thought that you meant to a tribal court. But tribal courts have to operate under the U.S. Constitution. And were the elders to exact justice on their own, they themselves would be hauled off to the stoney lonesome.

Again, sorry if I missed something.

It's all good.

It's my way of agreeing with the posters above: Civilized court is too good for this piece of shit.

...and in order to be prosecuted, you have to be caught.

It's all good.

It's my way of agreeing with the posters above: Civilized court is too good for this piece of shit.

...and in order to be prosecuted, you have to be caught.

As mentioned, I've lived about fifteen years in Alaska villages which are also tribes. I can recall that there was one troublemaker in the Chigniks (the City of Chignik and the communities of Chignik Lagoon and Chignik Lake). He disappeared. By way of background, Chignik is the worlds most exclusive fishery (100 salmon permits). Fishermen there also fish for crab, halibut, and cod. So one can find crab pots. The theory is that he was tossed into a crab pot and the pot was launched (one can see the process in the Deadliest Catch TV series). Strangely enough, no buoy was attached to the pot. Of course there are lots of other places to disappear on the Alaska Peninsula. The largest population of brown bears in Alaska is in the Chignik area. If you've seen as much bear scat as I (my exercise was walking the bear trails), you will see that those critters will eat anything along with its packaging.

Because each tribe has a degree of sovereignty, formal tribal justice may be available in Jerry's village. Also informal justice can occur in the villages (tribes). And it does. Jerry is safer in an Anchorage jail.

i'm all for the death penalty for diddlers. there isn't enough pain for these aholes
Relax, The boys in the pen have a better system. Daily beatings, Rape, Starvation by stealing their food. taking of any possessions that mean anything. Death is so final and sudden.

Relax, The boys in the pen have a better system. Daily beatings, Rape, Starvation by stealing their food. taking of any possessions that mean anything. Death is so final and sudden.
I am relaxed. But they deserve what they get I don't feel sorry for em one bit

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread