New To Trucking Dash Cam (second)

gebb

I'n starting with my first company. They have a dash cam already installed for their own use. Should I have my personal Dash cam..?

Thanks r3gulator3,
I was wondering. I don't know if I would have access to the video footage on the original dash, therefore having my own.
By the way, I'm going with TMC. Orientation starts Monday (SC).

As far as the inward cam. TMC said they have trucks with and without it. You never know what you will get...
ya know, maybe a second cam would be worth it, especially if you get involved in a civil suit. what's to say the company will cooperate with your attorney and just hand over the video they have?

you are basically on your own, in a civil suit.

for the price of a dash cam, i say get it, with the longest memory card you can get, maybe 2 or more cards, to cover your ass.........

As far as the inward cam. TMC said they have trucks with and without it. You never know what you will get...
My truck doesn’t have one. Some have them some don’t. If you want the footage to make tic-toks and YouTube’s out of them no you won’t have access to it for that. However guarantee if you have an accident or a critical event, it will be the first thing reviewed and if it ends up in a court battle it will be evidence. Welcome to the Black n Chrome

They own the truck, not me. They own the insurance not me, they will get sued. It will already be evidence. Redundancy is dumb in my opinion. I’m not wrong I just don’t share your thinking.
think about the civil lawsuit against YOU......sure the insurance company protects THEM, maybe you in some instances, but they do not have to give up video to protect you in a civil suit.

think about the civil lawsuit against YOU......sure the insurance company protects THEM, maybe you in some instances, but they do not have to give up video to protect you in a civil suit.
All evidence used in the criminal trial can be requisitioned for the civil trial. Once it’s entered into evidence, it becomes court property. You don’t need company permission to attain it at that point.

Well when my rand dies, I plan to buy a new gps that has one built in. Until then I’ll roll with what I got. But if there is already a recording device. Then I don’t see a point in two. And I will never have a driver facing camera in my truck. They will have the keys back.
i did not know rand now has them built in.

i have an old TND 510, and it stopped getting updates from Rand, but that is ok, i have long ago left it at home, as i know a few "go arounds" on my route.

I don't see any more of a need for me to get a GPS. most new vehicles these days have built in GPS.

that, and when i retire, i ain't gonna be driving nowhere's.......

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread