Owner Operator CARB Compliance

Mike

Finally got this completed today. Just a matter of getting the engine family number off the new engine. Took about 5 minutes to get registered and get the certificate.

It’s not required to operate in California if you have a 2010 or newer truck and engine, but some carriers require it to either lease on, or to be eligible to haul freight in, out, or through California.

Some brokers also require it before giving you a California load. This is a requirement that I have seen more and more recently.

Anyhow, I’m all important and stuff now.

0095CFAD-3E5E-4703-8C8A-3ECA96839D13.jpeg

Good luck now that you’ve given the devil your information.

I did back in 2012 and it was 2018 before I got them to understand I was a Minnesota business and not operating in California.

Good luck now that you’ve given the devil your information.

I did back in 2012 and it was 2018 before I got them to understand I was a Minnesota business and not operating in California.
It's actually a pretty simple process, nothing to worry about in regards to the state other than being compliant for CARB.

Finally got this completed today. Just a matter of getting the engine family number off the new engine. Took about 5 minutes to get registered and get the certificate.

It’s not required to operate in California if you have a 2010 or newer truck and engine, but some carriers require it to either lease on, or to be eligible to haul freight in, out, or through California.

Some brokers also require it before giving you a California load. This is a requirement that I have seen more and more recently.

Anyhow, I’m all important and stuff now.

View attachment 77491
Do you feel like you have just saved the environment and global temperatures will now drop........because you have that piece of paper?

Do you feel like you have just saved the environment and global temperatures will now drop........because you have that piece of paper?

Not quite. Just one less hurdle to deal with when trying to book loads into California. I prefer to run west, rather than east, and not having easy access to California makes it a bit of a hassle. I went there with my glider a few times, and nervous each and every time I did it.

Now, I have brokers asking for the certification when trying to book loads going there. In the setup process, if you select California as an operating area, it stops you unless you can upload the carb certificate.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread