Trucking News: California approves world’s first electric truck sales mandate

Yeah I mean it's a hassle just to road trip in a Tesla car. But imagine how much less maintenance you'd have and no leaks! Unless the battery cracks then it's a hazmat call. But still.
And just how heavy is that battery going to be? Which then leads to less available weight you can safely carry for your customer. Which then leads to YOU making less profit. But, as long as the enviroNazis's feel good about it, OK.

And just how heavy is that battery going to be? Which then leads to less available weight you can safely carry for your customer. Which then leads to YOU making less profit. But, as long as the enviroNazis's feel good about it, OK.
Well it's not like we're all hauling max gross all the time. California already loses capacity when they can't shove enough forward to satisfy bridge law.

It's not like a diesel engine is light. Delete that, add battery. Probably a wash. Or close.

You won't have as many maintenance costs or fuel to purchase so that will offset some of the lost revenue, if any.

these dumb asses feel great about putting tesla power walls in high risk fire areas. it makes alot of ****ing sense putting explosive battery banks in high fire zones :coocoo:

Last edited:
I can see solar panels lining the tops of trucks and trailers both pretty soon.
Already do, my next one will likely have a few hundred watts of solar power on it. The technology is progressing.

As for truck sales, it will work. Not saying I’m convinced doe OTR or regional activity, but local is very much a possibility for success at this point.

Already do, my next one will likely have a few hundred watts of solar power on it. The technology is progressing.

As for truck sales, it will work. Not saying I’m convinced doe OTR or regional activity, but local is very much a possibility for success at this point.
We could probably do it if we didn't slipseat. There's not enough downtime for charging.

Unless they got into battery swap process like I do for my electric impact gun.

I think it would be hilarious to go on Freightliner's website and buy a truck as a "bare tool" because you already have batteries. :D

In a State that has regular rolling blackouts to boot.

"Hi dispatch, my battery is dead and I'm stuck in Oxnard on the 405, during a rolling blackout. Gotta make this a quick call as my phones about to die also. I'll take my 36 now and call you when I'm charged up."

The APU's will be doing double duty charging trucks at truck stops. Totally defeating the electric truck benefits.
They dont care bout that. Power plants still burnin whatever to generate power is still perfectly fine. The gooberment just dont want Joe Schmo doin it

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread