Big Truck Transmissions

We need to cross paths on the road somewhere so I can stand there & point & laugh at you & call you names.

Really though, ... that's pretty brave of you to come out of the closet like that. :biglaugh:
No now I am back to driving a 13 speed manual.

IMO. The Volvo auto trans has got it going on! It does not roll back on a hill when you let off the brake. I was stuck on ice and snow at a customers and thought i was euchred. I flip diff lock switch, The I shift allows you you grab a higher gear. I did that and it just walked its self right out of there.

A long way from the auto shifts from say, 10 years ago.

The Allison TC10 takes that a step further. You can be loaded, and on a 25% grade and foot off the brake, and hold it in place using only the trans for however long you want. No overheating, no AMT clutch abuse and throwing warning lights, etc. They have a video showing the driver just sitting there, in gear, foot off the brake, holding the loaded truck on a 25% grade using only the trans and having a chat with the camera man while it is going on.

The Allison TC10 takes that a step further. You can be loaded, and on a 25% grade and foot off the brake, and hold it in place using only the trans for however long you want. No overheating, no AMT clutch abuse and throwing warning lights, etc. They have a video showing the driver just sitting there, in gear, foot off the brake, holding the loaded truck on a 25% grade using only the trans and having a chat with the camera man while it is going on.
Where'd they find a 25% grade?

Traction control would work in concert with the ABS, so if you pull the relay for your ABS, you will defeat the traction control. If you want to defeat it full time, the ABS will be done full time as well, and you will need to remove the warning bulb for your ABS light so a diligent DOT guy doesn't spot it glowing happily away.

You didn't hear this from me.
Good advise, you can pull the fuse too, or have it on a seperate switch.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread