Big Tim HELP 99 pete

bat

I lost all dash gages and low air busser...everything else works ..checked two black boxes left side dash seem ok..check all fuses even ones in dash ok...and breakers seem ok... sorry its a 99 379

Last edited:
Were can I find the ground strap ..never seem one before...ya but other things work in the cab too

Were can I find the ground strap ..never seem one before...ya but other things work in the cab too
typically, ground straps are under the dash. also, check under the hood, around the firewall as well. look for hanging wires, or a braided wire about (maybe) 2 inches wide. under the dash, the ground strap may just be a black wire, rather thick in diameter, but no thicker than (say) a pencil.

yes, many things may be working, but dash gauges take a beating from the road, for all those lights to go out, as well as the buzzer, and the relays looking good (are you sure they are actually working..??) and the fuses looking good, there may be no ground for them. your radio may have a separate ground, your dome lights may have a separate ground, etc,,etc.

Ok ran a ground right from Batt to dash gages ,,,nothing??also new ground from frame to cab...one other thing the two relays inside left side dash small one that has two big wires and a plug when off only one big wire lights up when on both big wires light should one of those plug wires be lit too ?? I'm going outside and see if one does lite..........little white wire does light when key is on ,,,,still no gages...This has got he beat ,,,as far as "Bad wires"cant find a one...even checked behind the fuse box ..as far as the relays working ...left side inside dash...left one and right both have power to them and the square one that plug in I went thru all of the with a good one showing me there working.......Any other idea's?

Last edited:
I found only one big red wire ..out of many wires ..that when to the volt meter..i ran a hot wire to it from the cab relay in the dash and everything lit up......so something was wrong with the wire from the cab relay( in the dash ) to the dash ...thanks for the help ..great site too

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread