Best Prepay Phones w/internet

Fast Freddy

Looking to get a backup phone. Don’t want a contract.

Been a while since I used a prepay. Just want a reliable signal, and internet. Prefer it not to be traceable and just be able to pay cash to reload it with minutes/gigs.

Anyone ideas ?

All cellphones are traceable while powered on. It's only when they're turned off and disposed of they become "burner phones".

Also, buying lots of disposable phones all at once is considered a huge red flag because terrorists.
Just want one phone. I mean I’ve heard there are some that use Verizon towers and such and are reliable. Would rather not have to show ID to register it. Just want to buy a reliable phone in a box w/internet

All cellphones are traceable while powered on. It's only when they're turned off and disposed of they become "burner phones".

Also, buying lots of disposable phones all at once is considered a huge red flag because terrorists.
There have been ads on Facebook lately for "Faraday sleeves" for phones. They're tinfoil hats for your phone.

The ads ramble on about the 5G causing cancer or something but I bet the real purpose is so you can protect yourself from things like covid contact tracing without having to leave it at home. That way you can have it in an emergency but not be tracked as long as you leave it in the sleeve.

Just want one phone. I mean I’ve heard there are some that use Verizon towers and such and are reliable. Would rather not have to show ID to register it. Just want to buy a reliable phone in a box w/internet
Just go to Walmart and get one. Use actual green dollars and then go into the store and get refill cards with actual green dollars.

IMHO it gets annoying real fast but it's possible. At least I think it still is. I don't remember them needing an ID.

As far as the network itself, I've had every carrier except T-Mobile so far and I'm finally on Verizon proper. It's expensive as balls but it's hands down the least troublesome.

All the prepaids are lower priority, and sometimes you can tell.

I was reluctant to pay such high rates for years, but finally took the plunge when AT&T randomly cut my data, couldn't or wouldn't tell me why, and didn't have a solution.

I've had every carrier except T-Mobile so far and I'm finally on Verizon prooer. It's expensive as balls but it's hands down the least troublesome.

All the prepaids are lower priority, and sometimes you can tell.

Yeah my contract phone is AT&T. It works 95% of the time but sometimes it just doesn’t and I’ll even be on a main highway and I can see a cell tower 100 yards away and I’m like well I guess that’s a Verizon Tower. So a prepay that runs on Verizon would be ideal.

T-Mobile is hands down the worse.

Satellite phones I believe are pricey, not sure if they even have Internet.

Just go to Walmart and get one. Use actual green dollars and then go into the store and get refill cards with actual green dollars.

IMHO it gets annoying real fast but it's possible.
If he's planning on becoming a serial killer and trying not to be tracked it's probably not a good idea to keep it next to his other phone, and never bring it home.

Hide it somewhere at least a half mile away.

But if he uses multiple hiding spots depending on which direction he's coming home from, and those spots form a half mile radius circle around his house, Joe Kenda will be able to narrow it down to almost a pinpoint.

20210613_122411.jpg

If he's planning on becoming a serial killer and trying not to be tracked it's probably not a good idea to keep it next to his other phone, and never bring it home.

But if he uses multiple hiding spots depending on which direction he's coming home from, and those spots form a half mile radius circle around his house, Joe Kenda will be able to narrow it down to almost a pinpoint.

View attachment 84190
Well he's on here asking for advice. Between that and keeping it away from the other one takes the starch out of his unpremeditated defense.

He needs to unthinkingly buy a T-Mobile one at the last minute in a fit of rage.

View attachment 84190

Well my my my

If you buy a pre pay at Walmart, is it required that you tie it to your name? Never had one.

There have been ads on Facebook lately for "Faraday sleeves" for phones. They're tinfoil hats for your phone.

The ads ramble on about the 5G causing cancer or something but I bet the real purpose is so you can protect yourself from things like covid contact tracing without having to leave it at home. That way you can have it in an emergency but not be tracked as long as you leave it in the sleeve.
Contact tracing on Galaxy was put in place via an update. When thr notification popped up I went in and turned it off.

I'm thinking a cellphone Faraday cage probably defeats the purpose of having a decent cell signal.

If you buy a pre pay at Walmart, is it required that you tie it to your name? Never had one.

The last time I remember buying a prepay was something like 16 years ago I wasn’t married, but living with a woman, and I screwed around. It was my hookup phone, I bought it at Best Buy and they wanted my name address and such but I just paid cash and gave a fake. Don’t know if any check IDs now. Wondering if anyone has bought one lately.

The last time I remember buying a prepay was something like 16 years ago I wasn’t married, but living with a woman, and I screwed around. It was my hookup phone, I bought it at Best Buy and they wanted my name address and such but I just paid cash and gave a fake. Don’t know if any check IDs now. Wondering if anyone has bought one lately.
Been a couple years since I got one but it wasn't as a burner.

Contact tracing on Galaxy was put in place via an update. When thr notification popped up I went in and turned it off.

I'm thinking a cellphone Faraday cage probably defeats the purpose of having a decent cell signal.
Well yeah. It's to block the towers from being able to ping your location and log a bread crumb trail so the gestapo can quarantine you to your house if you crossed paths with someone who tested positive for covid.

The phone is useless while it's in the Faraday sleeve but the idea is that instead of leaving it at home, you can bring it with you. You just can't pull it out without it updating your location. So it's for emergencies.

I don't know if they're still doing the contact tracing stuff though.

Well yeah. It's to block the towers from being able to ping your location and log a bread crumb trail so the gestapo can quarantine you to your house if you crossed paths with someone who tested positive for covid.

The phone is useless while it's in the Faraday sleeve but the idea is that instead of leaving it at home, you can bring it with you. You just can't pull it out without it updating your location. So it's for emergencies.

I don't know if they're still doing the contact tracing stuff though.
So many apps use location data. Your phones firmware uses location data.

Maybe even while its powered down. They're not going to tell us that.

The only way to not be traced is to not have a phone near you.

Orwell said all expectations of privacy are lost when instantaneous audio and video communication is possible.

So many apps use location data. Your phones firmware uses location data.

Maybe even while its powered down. They're not going to tell us that.
Not when it's in a Faraday sleeve, assuming it actually works.

The only way to not be traced is to not have a phone near you.
Or put it in the Faraday sleeve. Assuming it actually works as intended.

There's a way to find out though, if we had one. Start the Glympse app, make sure it's working for the person you send the link to, then put the phone in the Faraday sleeve without stopping the app and see if the other person can still track you.

Looking to get a backup phone. Don’t want a contract.

Been a while since I used a prepay. Just want a reliable signal, and internet. Prefer it not to be traceable and just be able to pay cash to reload it with minutes/gigs.

Anyone ideas ?
I've had the best of luck with Verizon.

Yes out west desert still some no signal patches .

Even 5)6 years ago running Laredo Texas usually had strong 4G on my phone atleast I-35 and US 59 corridors..

Between Laredo and Houston on 59 is afew "Dead" Spots but ain't nothing there until past Beeville or George West.

I dunno you from Texas probably do best asking your neighbors..

Then again your "neighbors" probably just have Day Jobs don't travel much.

Nothing "against" DAY JOBS they working folks and "Support" Us too..

On Same Terms we haul them Groceries and Windows into town from "Far Away" so generally they "Respect" us too kinda sort of...

Even if their driving skills doesn't necessarily show us so .

Tell ya what @Fast Freddy even we "Proffesionals" gotta back off once in awhile..

About a month ago Guymon Oklahoma up 54...

Panhandle towns like to put stoplights roughly every 5 blocks and zero in cordination cycles or bigger cites have sensors to measure traffic before light cylces..

Panhandle Towns figure "Un-Cordinated"..

Hauling "Heavy" just as soon ya hit Speed Limits about 35/40 Mph the next light a blink yellow and RED..

COP was sitting back there got me..

Cut me a "break" his world of ADVICE was next time ya roll thru town go Abit "Slower"

Basically my Chicago/Milwaukee "Driving" Skills don't FLY Down there.

I felt like telling that cop where I'm "From" you'll get RUN off the 90/94..

On the 294 tollway Aggressive Driving takes an entirely NEW CATEGORY..

Even just straight up 94 West outta Milwaukee towards Madison they throw ya back into the 4 Lanes what had enough traffic to be 6 lanes 20 some years ago.

That's why I'm a "creature" of the NIGHT

Last edited:
Gotta say Extra Lanes ain't always the Answer..

94 northbound from Illinois Stateline up to Milwaukee is now 4 Lanes each side or 8 lanes..

Now you got morons in that 3rd lane driving Exactly the Posted..

But right of ya is an even slower so ya can't go right center..

Up the left they 75/80 can't merge in..

Interstate 94 Milwaukee/Chicago "corridor" has had more Death and Fiery Wrecks since the Expansion from 6 to 8 lanes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread