Best Non Headset Bluetooth Device

shaun32

I'm new here and Im sure there's a post about this but I want to be the most up to date as reading reviews, posts, personal experience from 2009 etc do not help me in this matter.

I drive a loud Mack truck and am looking for a Bluetooth that fits in the ear (NO HEADSETS). I understand Blueparrott is prob the best out there but I can't wear one of them. I'm also an operator ie I operate a concrete pump truck.

My best experience was a Motorola h790. This worked very well and such but I'm looking to "upgrade". I've tried several bluetooths in the last few weeks. I've tried the jawbone Icon, Motorola hx550, and Jabra Extreme2. All with failing results. I have a Motorola h17 and Jawbone Prime on the way with some hope of finding a decent noise cancelling Bluetooth.

What works for you!?!

To add, please be specific in adding the model not just the brand.

Also I'm looking into Plantronics voyager pro, Motorola elite Silver. Anyone had good experiences with these?

Bose Series 2.. Best one on the market.

I am assuming you have one of these? Have you had it very long? I am curious as to how they hold up. I use a headset, but would much rather use a smaller "over the ear" device if they would fit well and could be heard well inside the truck.

I also have the Bose series 2. Light weight, works very well. Yes a little costly but well worth it in my opinion. He noise canceling technology is fantastic.
180 hr standby and about 4.5 hrs talk time with about a two hour charge.
And you can use any micro USB.

Fred S

I have a jawbone ERA. Whichever you buy adding a custom fitted ear bud makes all the difference. I always had a problem hearing people when in a noisy environment. Added the fitted eat piece and you can cut the volume in half! They make them fit almost all the "in the ear" brands including the Bose. Worth every penny!
http://www.averysound.com/

The only thing I don't like about the Bose is that it doesn't have a earloop not can I find one for it. I'm sure the earpiece works perfect (otherwise they wouldnt design it without an earloop) but I feel as though I'll be paranoid wearing it. I'll pick one up from Bestbuy and see if it feels right.
I did try the Voyager Pro and it was excellent! I stood right by the engine and all they could hear was slight static background noise. Only problem is the earpieces don't fit well in my ear and you can't buy different kinds and they don't have "ear bud" style ones. I actually ripped one of the gel pieces off the plastic and rigged an ear bud on it but it doesn't go deep enough in the ear. So perfect quality sound but poor design. They need to create a pillar style ear piece to put ear buds on it. Sucks as that is the 8th one I've bought. And can't find the Oasis anywhere at stores.

I looked only the averysound website and I can't justify an extra $75 for an $80 Bluetooth just for a custom earpiece.

Most of the hands free devices have the same fitment for the earbud, so once you get a custom one made you you simply transfer it to each new unit.

I looked only the averysound website and I can't justify an extra $75 for an $80 Bluetooth just for a custom earpiece.

Neither could I until my brother in law ordered one and loved it. Since then I've ordered 3 and wouldn't hesitate to order another. Fits absolutely perfect, after a while you can't tell it's even there since it no longer moves around. You can cut the volume needed to hear in 1/2.

Your looking at it the wrong way. You paid $80 for an earpiece that you yourself said you can't get to fit right and are scared you're going to lose.

I apologize for the delay, I have had it for awhile now.. It's been through some pretty nasty conditions over the past year.

The only way to describe it is talking on the phone without holding it to your head. Mine is paired up to my Iphone 4S.. I get unbelievable range with it! I'm talking on a good charge it will reach 30 feet away from the phone itself.

I apologize for the delay, I have had it for awhile now.. It's been through some pretty nasty conditions over the past year.

The only way to describe it is talking on the phone without holding it to your head. Mine is paired up to my Iphone 4S.. I get unbelievable range with it! I'm talking on a good charge it will reach 30 feet away from the phone itself.

I have a crappy little earbud I got at the Verizon store. Sound is decent.

The best way to describe it's range, ... well what usually happens is I can leave the phone in the cup-holder in the truck & get out and right about the time I get to the back of the trailer to open or close the doors or something, I lose my signal.

It's a little silver thing & has a sticker that says

LG Headset HBM-570

View attachment 18023
View attachment 18023

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread