At the end of school CDL HERE I COME!

I love this new chapter into life, I'm hurrying to sit and wait to take my state road test. I can't wait it's been six weeks that drag on but I have learned so much yet seeing the days go by I'm making rookie mistakes causing me to sit and wait longer! Talk about need advice ANY SUGGESTIONS!

Relax and breathe. Remember when you took you driving test for you car license? You did fine then, or you wouldn't have gotten it. You'll be fine this time, too.

If you confidently blow your examiner's socks off with your pretrip, your driving part will go easy.

Well I can do the pretrip! But I'm getting cozy with the curbs all the sudden? I'm norm not even worried about it because I give myself and others enough time and room I want it bad! But got only 2 times . Thanks for the input it's helpful to hear other truckers thoughts or opinions. I WANT THIS!!!

The best advise is to keep your cool. I remember sweating thru my shirt trying to back into the last spot at pilot, pulling up like five times, and always thinking someone was laughing. Come to find out, no one can care less and the ones who do are the jackasses on the cb saying they aren't wearing panties.

The nervous drivers are the dangerous ones.
Also, don't worry if you grind a gear. I do it daily.

Well I can do the pretrip! But I'm getting cozy with the curbs all the sudden? I'm norm not even worried about it because I give myself and others enough time and room I want it bad! But got only 2 times . Thanks for the input it's helpful to hear other truckers thoughts or opinions. I WANT THIS!!!

Good Luck. Relax, go over it in your mind before you even start. Think about walking up to your truck and doing your pre trip. Then how nice and easy you will shift and how to use your past training. Do all of this in your head and when you are doing it for real, you should do just fine. I look forward to your good report.

I'm hope Monday they send me out! I can back! And drive but damn sure getting impatient :) I will take all the advice giving and make it happen most deffinately wil keep u all posted

When you go for the driving test just say. Holy F**K, if I don't pass this time I swear I'm gonna get my AR15 and start shooting.

Ace the pre trip and you are on your way. Relax your just taking this road tester out for a spin to show THEM how to drive a truck. Teach them well!

Duck said:
Cummins ISX?

One reason is because the "new" truck they gave me has no clutch brake, so I have to grind just to get it into gear lol. The other reason is because I always run with jake brake on without clutching, sometimes I let off accelerator too far while shifting gears. I'm sure you all do it on occasion.

It's kinda like masturbation. We all do it. If you can't admit to it, you're lying.

One reason is because the "new" truck they gave me has no clutch brake, so I have to grind just to get it into gear lol. The other reason is because I always run with jake brake on without clutching, sometimes I let off accelerator too far while shifting gears. I'm sure you all do it on occasion.

It's kinda like masturbation. We all do it. If you can't admit to it, you're lying.

The jake in my truck doesn't work below 25 mph I think, and also there's about a half-second delay when your foot comes totally off the pedal, before the jake engages, so that never happens to me.

I grind 'em a lot when the stupid thing is doing a regen because it really screws with the throttle response of the engine.

I grind up shifting to fith sixth and after I'm pretty good my down shiffting is actually better then up ? It's more fun I guess seeing if you coast your auto fail, and if you don't stop your truck ;) I think we all know the danger of not stopping when needed... So the excitement or/ adrenalin forced me to focus on down

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread