Arrow Truck Sales Gets Another Owner-Operator 'Back on the Road'

snowflake

Ow ya goin'
Arrow Truck Sales, a national used truck dealer, named David Acosta of Orlando, Fla., its Back on the Road 2011 winner at the Mid-America Trucking Show last week. The Back on the Road program helps drivers who have lost their jobs resume a productive career in trucking. The program is in its fourth year.

"David is a perfect example of someone who sincerely needs assistance to help overcome a series of unfortunate hurdles," said Steve Clough, president of Arrow Truck Sales. "He fights every day to provide for his family and he truly represents the spirit of what Back on the Road is all about."

"Wow," said Acosta, who was briefly at a loss for words. "This is truly a life-changing opportunity for us."

Acosta, an owner-operator, fell on hard times during the recession after he lost his job and then his truck, which was only six installments away from being paid off. Among many concerns, Acosta was worried that he would no longer be able to afford medication for his 16-year-old daughter, Amanda, who suffers from nephritic syndrome, a chronic and incurable kidney disease.

But through Arrow's Back on the Road program, he has been given a livelihood and a second chance.

"I want [everyone] to be able to see my hard work," Acosta said, with tears welling up in his eyes. His family, also in attendance, hugged each other in delight and relief before joining him on stage.

As the Back on the Road winner, Acosta received a 2007 Volvo VNL 780, courtesy Arrow Truck Sales, a one-year contract with Heartland Express, truck insurance from the Owner Operator Independent Drivers Association, and a monthly $500 fuel card from Pilot Travel Centers among many other sponsored gifts. Acosta was also presented with a check for $5000 to help him with immediate expenses.

"Our industry is a lot more than equipment," said Clough, stressing that quality drivers are the backbone of trucking. We need to keep them on the road, he said.

Acosta is the fourth winner of Arrow Truck Sales' Back on the Road campaign.

Arrow Truck Sales Gets Another Owner-Operator 'Back on the Road' - Truckinginfo.com

I would hope the Heartland contract part is optional.

Anyone ever bought anything from Arrow?

I have a buddy that tried SelectTrucks and took a bad beating, and Arrow seems maybe one step above that...

I wonder how all this will pan out. I remember the "after" stories from Trick my Truck and can only imagine the outcome has the possibilities of ending much the same way.

I still see one of the first Trick My Truck rigs running around. The Classic Freightliner they did with horses all over it. I see it alot pulling containers around Iowa. I saw it at Wolcott in 08, and it was pulling a reefer.

I understand they never did any engine work. Only cosmetics, and that's where a lot of the problems came from, right? That and making trucks useless...like having wagon wheels on the side of them...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread