April 1st shutdown

IIronman

Do you think the 1 April shutdown was a success ??

it was successful in that it started the truckers in uniting in a common cause, if by shutting down the trucks nationwide, no it didn't but it never stood a chance of doing that, it was a first stepping stone.

ultimately the jury is still out it all depends on what happens, if we finally get together enough,say for instance on the 25 shutdown and it is successful then history will show that the APRIL shutdown was the catalyst the effected change.

If you voted "NO" can you tell in a few words what you expected and call a success??

I will point out only one of the many reasons I voted no...so not to create any debates or arguments.

I expected the convoy to travel at 40mph and advantage being taken of media's attention along the route. Instead of being reported on the news...we should have been "breaking news" interrupting shows. This did not happen. If just this one aspect of that day was done right, we could have reached millions of Americans about the issues at hand. And only God knows where we would be today if we had succeeded with just this one aspect.

-ss-

I will point out only one of the many reasons I voted no...so not to create any debates or arguments.

I expected the convoy to travel at 40mph and advantage being taken of media's attention along the route. Instead of being reported on the news...we should have been "breaking news" interrupting shows. This did not happen. If just this one aspect of that day was done right, we could have reached millions of Americans about the issues at hand. And only God knows where we would be today if we had succeeded with just this one aspect.

-ss-
Good point SS, and I agree with you. As I posted in one of my prior posts on another thread, the convoy we had back in the 70s did just that. We traveled at 45mph in the right lane, slowing traffic effectively, and talked and talked and talked on the radio all along the way inviting others to join us and it worked. That's the way we grew to approx 350 trks. All it takes is for everyone to just slow down and take time to think and get organized. Stop all the damn rushing into things, and you'll stop most of the mistakes taking place. Take it slow, and do it right....Think It Through before you jump in up to your neck.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread