Are You Shutting Your Truck Down On April 1st?

I am shutdown now, shut er down March 26th as I was not making it with the company I had been leased to for over 2 years- fuel prices + found out they were keeping 30% of the fuel surcharge the customers were paying them for me to haul their freight.....that was unacceptable as are the $4.00 per gallon diesel prices everywhere I would go, there they are!!!!

:blah: This Trucker ON STRIKE UNTIL SOMETHING CHANGES!!!!

I think it's going to take more than one day. One day will be a hiccup. One week or more will be a heart attack. And since we can't make anything on a load anyway, why not park it for a few days and watch what happens.

It also appears that the media are not given this too much attention, however, I think this might be a good thing. Can you imagine the chaos that would create for the people standing at the empty shelves at the grocery store wondering what the hell was going on?? There would be some serious screaming to someone at that point. Non-truckers are not taking this seriously because they think it's like "don't buy gas on Tuesdays" emails that have been going around for the past couple of years. The point is not the price of fuel, but that the rates we receive are almost the same as ten years ago and now it's a crisis because there is no more room left for profit with today's fuel prices and operating costs. All operating costs have been increasing steadily for years and rates stay the same.

I get angry with "non-truckers" because they think it's only about fuel prices. And, granted most are supportive, but it's much more than that. It's about a fair day's wage. Teachers do it all the time. City transits do it all the time. I don't see this as any different. Spread the word. It's not about GAS prices, it's about fair wages!

I also have heard people saying they are paying more at the supermarket so the truckers must be getting more. That's when I get on my soapbox about brokers. The general public has no idea we are not getting any of that extra money.

Okay. I'm done. :)

Know of many taking a week of rest. Know of several companies who are running but will not take a grocery or Wally World load next week. A great idea for you non strikers as there should be enough non grocery loads available to keep the lumpers jobless. The trucker has the power. If you are going broke already why wear out your equipment and yourself anymore.

UAW member supports Truckers Shutdown

We are striking American Axle. We had a trucker support us by not crossing the picket line two weeks ago. He got fired, and a fellow UAW member gave him a ride home. You all support us, so I support you guys. Good Luck.

Picked up my check and i spent $2106.20 in fuel for 1 week, my pay as a o/o was $2867.17....That leaves $760.97. Now take out Food, Tolls and other stuff..i ended up with $636.78.......for the week......Yea..I'm shutting down the 1st!

I own two trucks that are leased to the same company,,,, the guy purchasing one of them quit yesterday cause he says he can't afford to pay me, the fuel and the broker,,,, can't say that I blame him ,,,,, so,,,, now I'll have two trucks sitting for the first week of April,,,,,everybody please hang in there and stick to your guns,,, thats the ONLY way this shutdown will work to our favor

I shutdown today wich is why i am on here,lol.

Couldn't find any time before but since i ain't moving today i got the time,lol.

I shut my trucks in at 12:00 am this morning and we are in it for the long haul. So God Bless everyone and our prayers will be with you from Houma, La.

shut down

My truck has been shut down since last friday, i dont see myself going back on the road until april 8th. Im enjoying my home time. **** on freight. let some of these house holds starve. i got plenty of food!!!

Picked up my check and i spent $2106.20 in fuel for 1 week, my pay as a o/o was $2867.17....That leaves $760.97. Now take out Food, Tolls and other stuff..i ended up with $636.78.......for the week......Yea..I'm shutting down the 1st!
see this is why we must do something.... i dont know about you but im in this to make money, i can go broke setting at home!!!

Yep, figure in your quarterly taxes for that money, self employment tax.... It just don't add up.

Why be away from home for wages that are not worth it?

We need an organizer in each state that is willing to take the bull by the horns and stand up for what is right and be a true American and get their state organized. Please contact:
NATIONAL MEETING
Representatives from each state contact:
Mark Kirsch - 7178212013
Michael (JB) Schaffner - 9409233627
[FLORIDA MEETING - ASAP]
www.theamericandriver.com

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread