• Hi Guest,
    Do you have a question specific to a particular company? If so, click here for our list of over 50 popular trucking companies. Don't see the company listed? Post your question in our General Trucking Forum for all of our members to see, and we will consider adding a forum specifically for the company you mention.

Any one hear about JBS Carriers?

mrmyz

I was concidering going to school with swift but after talking with some one at work who has a CDL (work at an Army base he Delivers a mail truck for the base) He told me to look into JBS

http://www.careerbuilder.com/JobSee...4Q&siteid=cbindeed&showNewJDP=yes&ipath=EXIND

I looked online and found that link. He said they had a school

Don't know anybody who works for them, but wit them you are going to be primarily hauling meat, which can mean delays at the packing plants, and constant trips to grocery warehouses.

I would look into their pay, and their detention policies, because you are going to be detained quite often most likely with them.

Some billionaire from Brazil or Argentina came here & bought out Swift & Company (not affiliated with the trucking company out of Phoenix), which was a packing plant chain famous for getting raided by the feds for employing illegal immigrants with stolen social security numbers.

He bought them out and changed the name to JBS and then went out & bought a whole shitload of trucks & started hiring drivers because he thinks he can get his meat delivered cheaper than by hiring common carriers.

JBS/Swift is one of our customers. We lost all of their business for a year or so after JBS was created. But for some reason we've been hauling for them a lot more lately. I guess they found out that operating their own fleet isn't as easy as they thought.

JBS has been in hot water with the guv'mint on and off over the past five years or so. I had a friend who was running for them when the shit initially hit the fan. It was not pretty.

He ended up quitting over some dispute about crappy equipment and general treatment by office staff. Last time I talked to him, he was working in the oil fields in PA.

JBS was forced onto elogs before Swift voluntarily went to them.

Sometime within the last couple of years, JBS bought the troubled Pilgram's Pride Chicken company headquartered in Mt Pleasant , Texas. I see lots of their trucks on I-30. They don't haul the live birds, trucks with the old Pilgram's logo still do that, but at a faster rate of speed these days.

I would steer clear of them I talkd with one of there drivers in west memphis,ar he was pissed the have **** poor load planning so if like running in the daylight tell them you love runnin nights cause tht is what you'll be doing a lot of

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread