• Hi Guest,
    Do you have a question specific to a particular company? If so, click here for our list of over 50 popular trucking companies. Don't see the company listed? Post your question in our General Trucking Forum for all of our members to see, and we will consider adding a forum specifically for the company you mention.

JBS Carriers

Menehune

Any good or bad info on this company? Pay, hiring area, etc. would be helpful.:sad:

Some drivers may recall the old "Monfort" company, for which the "Monfort Lane" was named. Monfort is a distant relative to the operation there in Greeley. JBS is an international outfit that bought the packing plants, and the trucking company is essentially an in-house operation; kind of a dedicated carrier situation. I knew the old safety director there and he was a straight shooter. Haven't really heard much about them recently; assume they're still OK.

Some drivers may recall the old "Monfort" company, for which the "Monfort Lane" was named. Monfort is a distant relative to the operation there in Greeley. JBS is an international outfit that bought the packing plants, and the trucking company is essentially an in-house operation; kind of a dedicated carrier situation. I knew the old safety director there and he was a straight shooter. Haven't really heard much about them recently; assume they're still OK.

My mom hauled loads of swinging beef for that company, several years ago.

JBS Driver feedback

My mom hauled loads of swinging beef for that company, several years ago.

I've worked for them for the last six months. Not a great carrier but not the worst either. Most loads are meat loads so plan on sitting a lot at grocery warehouses. Some of the plants are pathetic about getting you loads on time. (I sat for 2 days once) You basically just have to take this crap from them because they own the carrier.

Company recently started taking fresh traines, a shure sign that things are going south. No pay raises on the horizon either. Company keeps saying things are getting better, but not for the drivers...

No pay raises, but aren't' their pay rates a little higher than most of the big carriers? Don't remember for sure, but seems like they start out over .40/mile. Still not good, but better than some of the crap being paid out to drivers.

Definitely not fond of sitting and waiting on meat loads, done plenty of it in the past.

Whenever I start to thinkin' grocery wasn't so bad, somebody reminds me about all the wasted time.

And then I'm glad I came back to Swift.

You basically just have to take this crap from them because they own the carrier..

Didn't some billionaire from Argentina or some place down there, buy out the Swift & Co. packing plants and then buy a bunch of trucks, creating JBS?

Don;t forget lumpers, and middle of the night del.

They have the lumper thing worked out now. They put $200 on your comdata card. And you get the express code from comdata and not the dispatcher. Pretty handy.
Their regional pay is .45cpm. OTR is .40cpm.

They do have too darn many macros on their qual-com though. LOL< I don't like qual coms. But then again, I don't care for most dispatchers either...

A friend of mine, who is still running outlaw, ran for these guys for about a month. He never had any luck with them. But I know of others who's been with them for years, and like it. So to each his own I guess.

I deliver to JBS swift in louisville. I wonder if this is the same meat packing house?

JBS is the carrier started up by the people who bought out Swift. (The chain of packing plants named Swift, not the mega-fleet from Phoenix.)

They're based in Greeley, CO.

JBS USA is the site for the main company.

JBS Carriers | Transportation Company is their truck fleet's website.

That's about all I know about them.

Then there's JBS Logistics out of Naperville, IL.

Home Page

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread