Any Experience with a Mack MP7?

Hanover Fist

I have a buddy looking at a trade I recently took in...2011 Mack GU713 triaxle steel-bodied dump with a 380HP MP7 mated to a Mack T310 tranny.
The truck is solid and runs great, but I don't know much about Mack outside the old R models.
Does anybody have any experience with this engine and/or tranny that they can share? I don't want to put him in this truck if they are problematic. Reviews from a quick Google search seem decent but you never know who's doing them.
Thanks in advance for any insights. :cheers:

Last edited:
I have a buddy looking at a trade I recently took in...2011 Mack GU713 triaxle steel-bodied dump with a 380HP MP7 mated to a Mack T310 tranny.
The truck is solid and runs great, but I don't know much about Mack outside the old R models.
Does anybody have any experience with engins and/or tranny that they can share? I don't want to put him in this truck if they are problematic. Reviews from a quick Google search seem decent but you never know who's doing them.
Thanks in advance for any insights. :cheers:
The mack Transmissions are basically Bulletproof, that's a triple countershaft design. I don't know much about the motors other than they are retuned and repainted Volvos

Mack engines were made by Renault. And Volvo acquired them around 2000. That’s when things started to shift. By this vintage of Volvo it’s a 7 liter Renault Volvo hybrid. They stoped making the 7 liter to my knowledge and kept only the D9 D12 D13 and D15 which are all proprietary Volvo engines.

Also any truck manufacturer will sell you a Cummins engine in their chassis. It’s just gonna cost you.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread