From snakes to gators to spiders.

upload_2016-6-19_12-10-13.jpeg

Ehh so what?:dunno:

upload_2016-6-19_12-11-2.jpeg

BFD :toothpick:

bananaspider13.jpg

:scared:

RUN YOU FOOLS!:panic::panic::panic::panic:

Never had a problem with snakes in Homestead... the pests were gators, bugs, rainy night frogs 'n drunks.

Different side of the state.

Lol, I tend to stay away from rattler habitat out of fear of fire ants. Pythons are a concern in the Everglades, but it's been 10 yrs since my last airboat ride. I'm sure everyone will be more mindful around any body of water from here on.

Not lately. There have been issues in the Myakka and Indian River basins from Pythons, and Rattlers. Or the coverage last time I was down there kept saying.

The spiders scare me more than anything. Nothing worse than having a spider as big as your hand right smack in your face as your walking thru the woods. Palmetto bugs suck too. Flying **** roaches? Are you serious?

Lol, I tend to stay away from rattler habitat out of fear of fire ants. Pythons are a concern in the Everglades, but it's been 10 yrs since my last airboat ride. I'm sure everyone will be more mindful around any body of water from here on.

Probably less than you think. It's like people and gasoline.... familiarity breeds contempt.

I live 20ft or so from a bayou. Early one morning I came home, still dark with a little breeze from the previous day's bad storms. Just outside was this long black thing that was moving around just a little bit. Turned out it was just some black plastic sheeting that had blown from somewhere but it definitely looked "gatorish" at the time.:D

The spiders scare me more than anything. Nothing worse than having a spider as big as your hand right smack in your face as your walking thru the woods. Palmetto bugs suck too. Flying **** roaches? Are you serious?
You do know that all cockroaches fly?:eek:

I took a part time job after I got back installing cable. We had to make leads so I would do it while sitting at home at night. I would bring in this big spool of wire and a big garbage can and just start crimping ends onto 2', 3', 4' wires to have them ready when installing.

First this big damn roach crawls up out of the middle of the spool. So I start looking for a boot to crush the thing. It must have sensed the pending attackand flew straight at me with that f'ing sound they make "SCREEEEEEEEEEEEE".

My Dad came out on the porch rifle in hand expecting a raiding party or something. I was just trying to kill the fracking thing and all I could find was my side arm:gun3:

Pretty sure I winged the bastard as he scurried into the palmetto bushes.:cool:

Started keeping a torch next to me while making leads. Oh and when I returned the wire spool the supply guy asked "Why does this thing smell like Raid?"

Dunno:cautious: Maybe it got wet or something:thumbsup-80:

Mebbe, but I remember in my youth seeing a woman in a shopping center running and screaming as a Palmetto bug entrenched itself in her new 'do. **** Palmetto bugs...

Yeah but when they are 4 inches long it ups the :scared: factor.

Baht bugs fellas... imported from Thailand on returning Air Force jets. Yep, them would be your giant flying cucarachas - Asian rice bugs.

Look'a here: This guy isn't even on the same continent and he knows there are big, meat-eating lizards in Florida.

(answering a comment about real estate speculation in Florida)
2 many Crocodile there.

Look'a here: This guy isn't even on the same continent and he knows there are big, meat-eating lizards in Florida.

(answering a comment about real estate speculation in Florida)
Reruns of the Crocodile Hunter...

Good grief after reading about all your adventures.....I now realize I live where it is civilized....:toothpick:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread