2019 gardening thread

I ordered 2 bunchs of onions named Texas Legends,hope to have them planted before Monday

Gosh @gearjammer ya must be a Garden-Line fan...

Dont laugh just yet now Randy Lemmon talked me through many weekends when I was at Border Team theyre entire buisness model is Midwest to Texas then Laredo and Back...

What got me really "laughing" though was "WINTER" in HOUSTON

Have about 250 garlic bulbs planted in Nov thats 5 raised beds at 50 each
I have mostly porcelain variety Music,Georgin Fire, Lithuanian Purple etc.
Ive been soaking milkweed seeds for 3 weeks now
and still no germination
Have bags of dried out geraniums in cellar ready to wake up

I ordered 2 bunchs of onions named Texas Legends,hope to have them planted before Monday
WOW! Planting already in the south. we are about 2 months away from planting.
When I used to run Texas- Toronto I was always fascinated at harvest time it started early in the south and moved northward. When the harvest happened in Ontario I knew the summer was over!

WOW! Planting already in the south. we are about 2 months away from planting.
When I used to run Texas- Toronto I was always fascinated at harvest time it started early in the south and moved northward. When the harvest happened in Ontario I knew the summer was over!

Yeah that auto parts to Lardo and back n forth gets OLD quick..

Never been to Canada though always Switched out near Detroit with a Canada truck his trailers usually going back down..

Seems like a "Logistical" Nightmare 2 me @Rigjockey but I was taking home 8/9 hundred per week AFTER the Taxes and Insurance so I didnt "complain" much

I felt energenic yesterday when I got home from work and made a small potatoe bed.I always wanted to try using hay to [lant taters in
half red and half russetts
update when they spring up

if i get up the gumption this weekend, i'll start some cleaning up...."supposed" to be up to 60 on saturday.

i have small garden too
that's all i have a 15' x 15'

this year (like last) i will only have ONE tomato plant, one basil, and one parsley, and the rest will be all flowers. with the weather we have in the spring and then during the summer, my harvest sucks..so screw it, flowers last longer and can take nearly any type or weather.

Growing season to short in my area.....plants are not shipped here for planting before may. I only buy for one so grocery store be where i find garden produce this year.

Next year, try one called "Noon Day" onions. They come from "Noon Day" Tx. Sweetest onion I've ever tasted. Eat them right from the garden.

I said I was not going to do this again.....why oh why do they place temptation at the front door of grocery stores...lol. I find a pathic looking tomato plant and a bell pepper plant and two strawberry plants....in bad need of some tender loving care.....end up dragging them home with me. I should kick myself for being a soft sap.

I have 2 plum trees I planted from sprouts about 3-5 years ago.I had gave up on them and was ready to yank them up.They have plums this year?

Yaaa

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread