Yup. Still here.


But occifer, I still had more deck room to fill up!
We don't get yanked in. We're the ones that have to go get junk out of there when they get their plates pulled etc. I just really had to pee.

Couple weeks ago one of our regular customers got put OOS after rolling through with their loader. We (I) got sent in to rescue the loader because they really needed it on a job and we don't get fucked with.
 
We don't get yanked in. We're the ones that have to go get junk out of there when they get their plates pulled etc. I just really had to pee.

Couple weeks ago one of our regular customers got put OOS after rolling through with their loader. We (I) got sent in to rescue the loader because they really needed it on a job and we don't get fucked with.

my-hero-love.webp
 
We don't get yanked in. We're the ones that have to go get junk out of there when they get their plates pulled etc. I just really had to pee.

Couple weeks ago one of our regular customers got put OOS after rolling through with their loader. We (I) got sent in to rescue the loader because they really needed it on a job and we don't get fucked with.
Just cut a hole in the floor next time so you dont hafta stop
 
I don't have any of those problems. Paid by the hour. The longer I take the more they charge so nobody bothers me about that either.
Since you're paid by the hour, you'd think they'd hound you to be as efficient as possible so they can pay you for fewer hours/get more out of you.

Schneider harped on about being 60mph governed due to safety the entire time I was there but as soon as they switched to hourly pay they turned them up to 65. Yet they'd write me up for going 63 on the pedal.

So much for "safety" eh? I looked them dead in the eye and said "it's not for safety, it's for fuel. Don't treat me like I'm stupid." Blank stares out of them when I did that.

Anyway, point is once they controlled their payroll better and got even more efficient trucks, they decided it was time to get the drivers off the clock sooner and/or get more done with the same driver pay.
 
Since you're paid by the hour, you'd think they'd hound you to be as efficient as possible so they can pay you for fewer hours/get more out of you.

Schneider harped on about being 60mph governed due to safety the entire time I was there but as soon as they switched to hourly pay they turned them up to 65. Yet they'd write me up for going 63 on the pedal.

So much for "safety" eh? I looked them dead in the eye and said "it's not for safety, it's for fuel. Don't treat me like I'm stupid." Blank stares out of them when I did that.

Anyway, point is once they controlled their payroll better and got even more efficient trucks, they decided it was time to get the drivers off the clock sooner and/or get more done with the same driver pay.
If it takes us a little longer they charge the customers. There are even times in winter or other times it is slow that people have sat all day without turning a wheel. The business was moreso built on the reputation of always having trucks available at a moment's notice. A lot of things you know about the trucking industry kind of go out the window with a towing company. It was all new to me to get used to as well.
 
Since you're paid by the hour, you'd think they'd hound you to be as efficient as possible so they can pay you for fewer hours/get more out of you.

Schneider harped on about being 60mph governed due to safety the entire time I was there but as soon as they switched to hourly pay they turned them up to 65. Yet they'd write me up for going 63 on the pedal.

So much for "safety" eh? I looked them dead in the eye and said "it's not for safety, it's for fuel. Don't treat me like I'm stupid." Blank stares out of them when I did that.

Anyway, point is once they controlled their payroll better and got even more efficient trucks, they decided it was time to get the drivers off the clock sooner and/or get more done with the same driver pay.
They wanted you to run wide open all day long?
 
They wanted you to run wide open all day long?
They wanted you at 60mph on cruise a vast majority of the time. Like 99%.

If you used the throttle you could go up to 63, but too much was a write-up.

This same carrier that disables the cruise with any use of the wipers (including the slowest intermittent), so you'd be hovering with the throttle at 60 in the rain, which, IMHO, is not an excessive speed on the interstate. Easy to get over 60 when you're trying to stay productive.

Kinda like NASCAR and their pit road speed penalties.

It was a very stressful place to work.

And of course now they have them set to be 65 both throttle and cruise, paid hourly so you don't have to GAF. But yeah 63 was "unsafe" when I was there.🙄

I seriously grew to hate that company.
 
They wanted you at 60mph on cruise a vast majority of the time. Like 99%.

If you used the throttle you could go up to 63, but too much was a write-up.

This same carrier that disables the cruise with any use of the wipers (including the slowest intermittent), so you'd be hovering with the throttle at 60 in the rain, which, IMHO, is not an excessive speed on the interstate. Easy to get over 60 when you're trying to stay productive.

Kinda like NASCAR and their pit road speed penalties.

It was a very stressful place to work.

And of course now they have them set to be 65 both throttle and cruise, paid hourly so you don't have to GAF. But yeah 63 was "unsafe" when I was there.🙄

I seriously grew to hate that company.
Did they like givin you shit about hittin the go pedal with the cruise on which is apparently a fireable offense at JB Cunt?
 
Did they like givin you shit about hittin the go pedal with the cruise on which is apparently a fireable offense at JB Cunt?
They liked giving you shit for everything because they'd take away your bonuses. Saved them money. Up to $8 a load in lost revenue for an entire quarter, and we did a lot of loads. Typically 20 a week each for us night guys. Imagine losing up to $160 a week income for 3 months solid just because you hammered down 63mph for a day or two straight, and still got 6-7mpg out of the truck for the same quarter.

Now that they're hourly there aren't any bonuses to take away. So Hammer down.

Like I said, very stressful. Especially having full days at 60 being your ceiling. You couldn't jam your way out of a shit day even if you wanted to.

I mean, I usually slug around to save fuel but I have 75mph and am not afraid to use it if I have to.

I made good money at Pumpkin because I hustled but it took its toll.
 
Last edited:
They wanted you at 60mph on cruise a vast majority of the time. Like 99%.
I've been known to do exactly that at times on the highway just to avoid being in the packs doing their elephant races mirror to mirror bumper to bumper because Ontario is a communist shit hole. It really pisses off the "new Canadians" and it shows.

Of course what time of day ir is is always a factor in the decision to do that or not .
 
I've been known to do exactly that at times on the highway just to avoid being in the packs doing their elephant races mirror to mirror bumper to bumper because Ontario is a communist shit hole. It really pisses off the "new Canadians" and it shows.

Of course what time of day ir is is always a factor in the decision to do that or not .
Yeah it's different when it's by choice.
 

Back
Top