You are under arrest, follow me to jail!!

Washington State has begun asking for phones.

Texas has a "kill em all & let God sort 'em out" mentality when it comes to law enforcement and criminal justice. Hell, they've got a revolving door on their execution chamber. I think they haul them in there on buses every week.

What's your point. We have a death penalty and we use it. Were even thinking about putting in an express lane. (Ron White)

I would think so. But some judge decided a couple of years ago that DOT is allowed to access electronic data to confirm logs. Of course, thugs being thugs, the cops assume that means being allowed to see when you've been texting by looking at your phone. To my knowledge, it has not been challenged in a higher court yet. That's a big ol' fatty ticket, too. What jurisdiction is going to pass an opportunity to write itself a $2,750 check?

I would think so. But some judge decided a couple of years ago that DOT is allowed to access electronic data to confirm logs. Of course, thugs being thugs, the cops assume that means being allowed to see when you've been texting by looking at your phone. To my knowledge, it has not been challenged in a higher court yet. That's a big ol' fatty ticket, too. What jurisdiction is going to pass an opportunity to write itself a $2,750 check?

I was just reading about this in another thread started by Duckie. I would think this would be a violation of reasonable expectation to privacy, and a right not to incriminate yourself. Maybe somebody should make an app that deletes all that data at the push of a button if you get pulled over.

Maybe somebody already has.

[MENTION=7569]Rubber Duck[/MENTION]'s thread is about cellular companies being forced to maintain massive databanks of text messages for two years so they can be made available to paid thugs in the event of investigation.

I don't understand your objection. It's exactly what Joseph Stalin would do.

Way more to the story. Sorry they do not take you to jail for log book violations.

Nor do they arrest you because the mudflaps don't have conspicuity tape on them, they simply write a defective equipment ticket and send you on your way.

Off Duty is just that OFF DUTY.

Exactly. So long as whatever a driver does does not cause them to be "unfit for duty", i.e. drinking alcohol too close to returning to duty or smoking weed.

Otherwise, every dime that driver spends is of no concern to anyone but that individual.

Maybe somebody should make an app that deletes all that data at the push of a button if you get pulled over.

I don't have a smrat phon so I don't know anything about "apps".

But my cell phone has a menu item in the settings that allows me to clear the call history instantly.

Easy Squeezy

No Pain, No Stain

Sure Mr. Assifer, have a look at my phone. What? Where is the call history? Sheesh! How would I know? I'm quite a bit older than you, and not very technically savvy. Your a young looking Buck, figger it out!

More to the story! The Super Trooper had 3 other trucks pulled over at the same stop, out of service!! 2 of the were pulled for the same reason, No reflector tape on the tractor mud flaps! I do not know why he let him see the receipts yet, I will be finding out, but the officer went through his truck, looking under the floor mats etc. looking for more receipts."Personal receipts".
We he ended up with a 10 hour out of service as he showed he picked up at one time and the officer called the consignee in Florida and the said they loaded him 30 different than what driver had on his log. Driver said he had to ready the trailer and that is part of picking up... Nope.. Argue and the fine will be $2100!! and truck impounded! With mouth firmly shut, he took his 10 hours, no fine, and 8 total violations for the driver.
End the end it was found out the ST had been on the job 31 years and has 21 days to go and is wreaking havock on truckers! He was only pulling over the nicest trucks he could see, by what the driver said. Well, When this driver gets back in I will hear the entire story and find out what the other violations are!

Just saying.

Sheriff suspends deputy who seized biker's camera | wfaa.com Dallas - Fort Worth

Somebody posted the video somewhere, but I don't remember who or where. The video is embedded in this news story.

That's insane. The cops have become steroid enhanced animals who go about violating the rights of everyone who doesn't wear a badge. Like this guy on the bike. The cop made up a reason to stop the dude and then proceeded to violate his rights. In the process he physically abused the bike rider, even causing him injury.

All because he thought he could take the camera away from the guy because "there might be evidence of other bike riders breaking the law".

What the **** makes cops think they can go about asserting themselves upon the citizenry in such a manner?

Why would a cop so close to retirement jeopardize his career/retirement over such shenanigans? At a minimum something like this could be wrapped up in the courts for months. If he is in fact due to retire, then fight the ticket because there is a good chance the cop won't show up. Also, calling the shipper sounds like BS since many shippers don't keep detailed information, and who's to say the cop talked to the right person who even had the correct information. Heck, when I call a shipper I can't get correct information for questions they get asked every day.

What the **** makes cops think they can go about asserting themselves upon the citizenry in such a manner?

Because we, the people, have let the government get out of control. We would rather spend our time watching football or american idol than get involved politically. We think that just because we are not in a subject(ed) group that rules being imposed on said group will have no impact on us. "I'm not a biker so why should I care? I'm not a smoker so why should I care? I'm not a trucker so why should I care?"

The girl that works in my office, her other half is a interstate truck driver. He has been running from Florida to Arizona and back about once a week to a week and a half. So he left out after having a week off, get into Texas or the umteenth time and Super Trooper in TX pulls him over in the big red highly polished chrome encrusted truck.
Why did you pull me over officer? Well, you see you have no reflector tape on your mud flaps, give me your log book, bill of lading and any receipts you have. You show off duty here but you have a receipt where you have purchased a bottle of milk. I see this is falsifying driver logs, I am going to place you under arrest. Follow me to the next exit and I will take you to Jail.
So now he sits ion Jail with a load in the truck!!

Now the fines begin, because that is all what it is about.

In this version of the story...He's sitting in jail.

More to the story! The Super Trooper had 3 other trucks pulled over at the same stop, out of service!! 2 of the were pulled for the same reason, No reflector tape on the tractor mud flaps! I do not know why he let him see the receipts yet, I will be finding out, but the officer went through his truck, looking under the floor mats etc. looking for more receipts."Personal receipts".
We he ended up with a 10 hour out of service as he showed he picked up at one time and the officer called the consignee in Florida and the said they loaded him 30 different than what driver had on his log. Driver said he had to ready the trailer and that is part of picking up... Nope.. Argue and the fine will be $2100!! and truck impounded! With mouth firmly shut, he took his 10 hours, no fine, and 8 total violations for the driver.
End the end it was found out the ST had been on the job 31 years and has 21 days to go and is wreaking havock on truckers! He was only pulling over the nicest trucks he could see, by what the driver said. Well, When this driver gets back in I will hear the entire story and find out what the other violations are!

Just saying.

And in THIS version he took a 10 OOS and got a ticket?

The whole story reeks of "truck stop counter" bull****.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread