What are you willing to pay?

Runeatic

I work at a Freightliner Dealer right next to a Pilot truck stop. We are thinking of renting overnite space when the Pilot is full. Give me an idea who charges what out there and what would be a reasonable price for secure overnite parking.

I work at a Freightliner Dealer right next to a Pilot truck stop. We are thinking of renting overnite space when the Pilot is full. Give me an idea who charges what out there and what would be a reasonable price for secure overnite parking.
You mean to tell me youre going to charge the truck drivers to stay in your lot?That's just plain silly.I'll stay at an exit ramp before I pay to stay at a truckstop or lot.You find alot of east coast truckstops who charge the hard working driver to stay the nite.Either free with a fill up or u purchase so much or u pay $10.00 for the nite.I see it this way why pay to stay the nite when I can go 1 more exit and stay free at a truck stop.Don't care how secure your lot is.You should'nt charge the poor drivers just for some place to sleep.That's just plain wrong.

You mean to tell me youre going to charge the truck drivers to stay in your lot?That's just plain silly.I'll stay at an exit ramp before I pay to stay at a truckstop or lot.You find alot of east coast truckstops who charge the hard working driver to stay the nite.Either free with a fill up or u purchase so much or u pay $10.00 for the nite.I see it this way why pay to stay the nite when I can go 1 more exit and stay free at a truck stop.Don't care how secure your lot is.You should'nt charge the poor drivers just for some place to sleep.That's just plain wrong.

Although I agree, in principle, with your opinion, there are some other factors to be considered. For instance the proprietor is going to have to provide bathroom facilities and pay to keep them clean. On that subject, occasionally the pee jugs have to be picked up and you gotta' pay someone to do it. Then there is insurance cost, environmental compliance cost, and general up-keep of the parking lot and grounds. Hell, even the dayum street light that makes it safer for you get out of the truck and walk around comes with a monthly bill.

The truck stop doesn't owe you a place to park. Some provide it in hopes that you'll drop a little cash on their food, trinkets, and, services. Others are more realistic and up front with us. They are basically saying that it cost them for us stay there and they reserve their private property rights to recoup that cost by charging you direct, or, using a portion of the profits from the business you choose to do with them. I think it's a fair, and, equatable business arrangement. Most will allow you two hours to take care of potty breaks, etc. without looking for funds.

yea, I agree with 2XR.
You don't say what area you are in but you might want to look into local parking. Alot of trucks need a secure place to park when not working. Just have a waiver of liability drawn up.
Some place's around here have monthly rates.

Very true but hey if u guys wanna pay to sleep then more power to u,but not me.We already are paying god awful prices for everything.Then paying to sleep in a lot at a freightliner that is already charging drivers and companies way too much to fix their trks and they still wanna bleed the truckers dry,I don't think so.

We are not a truck stop! We are a Freightliner dealer next to a truck stop and when the Pilot is full, why should we take the liability and let them park for free???? It was just a suggestion for convience.

Pat the people own the property and pay on it, Even if paid off they will alway's be paying on it ( tax's) and they are taking a huge risk.
Sitting right next door to a pilot you would have food and bathrooms.
We've paid for parking in s**t holes that locked the bathrooms at night.
So it seems it would be a win...win. The drivers would still service the Pilot, And you would still have a place to park.

We are not a truck stop! We are a Freightliner dealer next to a truck stop and when the Pilot is full, why should we take the liability and let them park for free???? It was just a suggestion for convience.
I'm sure you'll get alot of good feedback.I gave you mine.Maybe you'll make the money charging drivers to stay in your lot.I personally won't pay a dime to park.Not considering how much I pay in the truckstops for their stale food.I try to do all my shopping at a grocery and try to park at a restarea.

Runeatic, there is a Volvo dealer in Ephrata (F-rah-ta), PA that is located on the same parcel of land as the "222 Truck Stop". Both of their gates, the only gates, are on the back row of the truck-stop, and after they close, the gate area becomes truck parking, albeit posted "NO PARKING".

The truck stop is small and is the closest truck stop to Reading and Lancaster, so it fills up quickly. There have been many nights when I rolled through the parking lot, tired and sleepy, and there was no more room. I slept on a nearby ramp, instead of a nice, cozy, truck-stop.

If this Volvo dealer provided nightly space rental, for a reasonable fee, I'm sure myself, and, probably many more tired truckers would gladly cough it up.

Oh! Howzabout shuttle service to the truck stop door? Any thoughts concerning valet parking? Hmmm.... :spend: :D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread