Windows 8

Apple is a very nice OS.

I run Red Hat Linux on my home system and plan to start running that on my laptop now that Windows XP will no longer be supported.
Are they selling Red Hat Linux on the newest computers now? Might be buying a new laptop for Gayla. She hates Apple.

Are they selling Red Hat Linux on the newest computers now? Might be buying a new laptop for Gayla. She hates Apple.

No, you have to order it. Some Best Buy stores carry it also. There are many versions of Unix and many are free but if Red Hat is the closest to a Windows XP look and feel.

One thing you will notice. When you click on anything it will be up and running before you can get your hand off the mouse.

Red Hat is VERY user friendly and easy to install and use.

So, you basically ruined her laptop because you don't like Windows 8.
She's blaming me & saying it's my fault because I told her to smash it.

Nope.

I told her to throw it in the trash because it's a piece of shit, .. I did not say "throw it across the room so it slams into the lath & plaster wall before falling down 7 feet onto the hardwood floor". Had she thrown it in the trash, it would have been fine because the trash can is half full of paper garbage that would've padded it's fall.

I'm proud of her though. I think a certain level of violence is cute in a woman.

Reactions: AK7
She's blaming me & saying it's my fault because I told her to smash it.

Nope.

I told her to throw it in the trash because it's a piece of ****, .. I did not say "throw it across the room so it slams into the lath & plaster wall before falling down 7 feet onto the hardwood floor". Had she thrown it in the trash, it would have been fine because the trash can is half full of paper garbage that would've padded it's fall.

I'm proud of her though. I think a certain level of violence is cute in a woman.
Are you sure she didn't throw it at the wall because she was pissed at you for telling her that her PC was a piece of shit? Go buy her a new one @Duck.

Reactions: Tim
Are you sure she didn't throw it at the wall because she was ****ed at you for telling her that her PC was a piece of ****? Go buy her a new one @Duck.
No it was when I told her the keys were sticky & smelled like coffee. Imagine going through life with epilepsy. Seizures, medicines that make her tired all the time, ... it gets frustrating.

I ain't buying her a new laptop. I ain't made of money.

She needs one of those laptops the Navy Seals have. I think they cost like $20,000

Her next one is going to need to have one of those plastic covers over the keys like they have at repair shops so mechanics with greasy hands can type up an invoice.

Just say no food or drink while on the computer. I feel bad for her.

Just something a little related. When Windows XP is no longer supported there will be a rash of security breaches. Once the hackers get a good one they will be relentless and there is NOTHING that can be done to stop it. They get onto Comcast or Verizon and start walking through the IP addresses incrementing them +1 at a time until they find a system running XP and do their stuff.

They won't be trying to infect your system. They want the back door in so they can get at your personal documents like your Word Doc that contains all your user names, account passwords and everything else.

Most of you need not worry. What they look for once their in is your location and address. If it happens to be in a high class neighborhood that's what they want. They want the doctors, lawyers and anyone else with money. There will be tons and tons of info on their systems enough to steal their identity.

One thing many of these people will overlook is their kids system running XP so they can play their games. Many of those kids systems are networked into their dads or moms computer to share stuff like printers and such. Bingo, now their into the Windows 7 and 8 systems. So, it's either all or nothing.

No it was when I told her the keys were sticky & smelled like coffee. Imagine going through life with epilepsy. Seizures, medicines that make her tired all the time, ... it gets frustrating.

My cousin drowned in her sink during a seizure.
Unbelievable. She was around 30 years old at the time.

Mrs Duck's Windows 8 piece of **** quit working. It wouldn't let you type in the key for the wi-fi. Type the letters & nothing appears in the little box. When screwing around trying to figure it out, I was like "where the **** is the God-damn start button?". Then I ended up with some stupid white screen with icons for stuff on it. Couldn't figure out how to X out of that crap so I just handed it back to her & said I can't help her with it because it's ****ing Windows 8 and it's garbage. She couldn't figure out how to get rid of that screen either so I told her to just hit the power button & turn it the **** off. That wasn't working so I told her to pop the freakin' battery out of it & put it back in & restart it.

About 10 minutes later she had it booted back up & said the keyboard wasn't working anywhere else either. She handed it to me & I looked at it & right-clicked on the desktop & clicked "new text document". I couldn't type a file name. I opened it & found that nothing on the keyboard was working. I handed it back to her & said I can't fix it because it's a piece of **** with Windows 8. An operating system that should never have been developed in the first place. There was nothing wrong with Windows 7.

She got mad & threw it on the floor. Right now there's a really cool abstract pattern on the screen. She was laughing about it at first but now she's crying because she doesn't have a laptop any more & I told her she can't go get a new one because they only sell them with Windows 8 now so she'd have the same bull**** problems.

I'm going to bring her and that piece of **** Windows 8 laptop outside on the back porch & give her a hammer to play with. :D

I'm not a fan of 8 at ALL. But this could have been a hardware failure. Our IT guy says that even in laptops, keybaords can be replaced, so there may have been a loose connection or something.

But yes, 8 is crap.

If I have to leave 7 at any time, I'll probably go to Apple. Apple has figured out the "intuitive" thing, and the "I press this, it does that" thing a long time ago. Microsoft tried that with 8, and it's failing.

For help with windows 8 I can give you help with phone number of sister in law who works at sweathouse for windows help place.

pm me for windows 8 helps sweathouse number.

btw, when sister in law sweats, she looks HAAWT! Enough to melt your cherry squishie like...right now!

Attachments

• index.jpg
    index.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 4,474
  1. Uninstall Windows 8. Install Windows 7. That will cost about $200 or 300 for a copy of W7.
  2. Take it to the Geek Squad. They will want money to fix it, and it will still have Windows 8.
  3. Use an external keyboard. That will cost money, be a pain in the ***, and the computer will still have Windows 8.
avoid the geek squad there rip offs

So, you basically ruined her laptop because you don't like Windows 8.

I doubt if ALL the keys got coffee in them. If they did you can pop the key caps off. Take battery out and pour isopropyl alcohol over the keys then shake it out and let it dry.

Here's another tip which may surprise many of you. I use to do this maybe once a month for my desktop keyboard.
Put it in the dishwasher without the heated drying on. Shake it and get as much of the water out. In the morning it will be dry.
the apps must have been screwing with his brain cause once you get past the apps its just like 7 almost except you got the stupid charms on the right and then you have to go up in the left hand corner and close out apps sometomes then you have to right click on the start button to bring up the start menu. I cant wait for 8.2 for the cry babbies who wanted a start button and are to lazy to right click:D.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread