Jme2788

Does the mechanic recommend changing oil after 10,000 miles? I’ve been stressing because I’m going to be about 6000 miles over by the time I get it changed.

10,000 seems low
And yes I realize I do not know more than the mechanic

for reference I drive a 26 ft box truck with a Cummins engine

Does the mechanic recommend changing oil after 10,000 miles? I’ve been stressing because I’m going to be about 6000 miles over by the time I get it changed.

10,000 seems low

new engine?

new truck?

rental truck?

lease truck?

10,000 seems low

There's a thread on here in which they were discussing the idea of never changing the oil for like a million miles.

10,000 seems low

Because the general guide has been every 10-12,000 miles, the oil is changed on a heavy duty engine. It’s been that way for decades in the trucking world. Just how it is.

more modern engines are pushing that out to 50-75,000. But that’s more the exception than the rule for most

Years ago I dated this airhead gal but boy was she hot. We were going on a road trip and taking her Subaru. I did a pre trip on it checked the oil and it was darker than Hershey’s chocolate syrup. I tell her it’s low and dirty and when was the last time you changed this oil? She says the first one was free at the dealership and hadn’t done it since, so it had been something like 50 thousand miles since it’s oil change.

Oddly enough the car still was running great.

10,000 seems low

Not a big deal. Just keep an eye on the level and add a little if needed. We go 40-50k between oil changes.

Is this a local truck? That could explain the mileage.

I would be getting the oil changed when I was told to get it changed if it wasn’t my truck.

10,000 seems low

Cummins ISB?

Same engine in the Ram pickemups. They call for every 15K or 6 months

10,000 seems low

I think most places go 18,000 to 20,000 miles. Going 6,000 miles over is only like 2 weeks and probably not a big deal so long as the oil level is not low.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread