New To Trucking Which paid training program is the best (N CA, Redding area)?

IanTRKR68

Looking to get started in the industry w/a company sponsored training program... so many options. Anyone with experience and/or info on the best program for a newb 54 yrs old single dude, retired, good drivers record no felonies or misd's living in Cottonwood, CA (96022)? Any advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
I Place

Whichever one will get you hired by the company you want to work for.

Figure out what you are looking for in a company, and go with them. Not a lot of difference in the big ones, and not sure how many of the smaller ones will give you a chance starting out.

Can I ask just one thing? Why?
You're 54, single, retired, so you must have a few bucks stashed somewhere. Why would you want to live in a 6 by 8 box and be abused by some company that the only way they know that you're even alive is because they see it on a screen?

If you are going to go through the hell of the training, get a good local job where you can be home at night, eating in your own kitchen and sleeping in a bed that doesn't vibrate.

Think long and hard before you decide to go out onto the road. Whatever your decision, best of luck to you.

Can I ask just one thing? Why?
You're 54, single, retired, so you must have a few bucks stashed somewhere. Why would you want to live in a 6 by 8 box and be abused by some company that the only way they know that you're even alive is because they see it on a screen?

This would be a great option, IMO, if single or married and kids out of the house.

I would quickly get my own truck, trailer, and authority, but definitely not a bad route.

Even as a company driver running full time, bank up the off days and take them at places you’ve always wanted to visit.

Once the kids are out of our house, I fully intend on staying in the truck for quite some time. Go from place to place making money. Wife with me in the truck til she gets tired of riding for a while and she can take her breaks from the truck wherever the kids/grandkids are at.

Thanks Mike and 389 Hood. 2 1/2 3 yrs ago I was looking forward to moving up here (N. Cal) and fartin around, exploring new places, riding (MC's) and letting my savings grow. The markets stopped and dropped and a large part of my savings with it. House is paid off, and still ok but not as much as I'd like to be. And living in a small box on the road is not a problem for me, just don't want to get into a contractual relationship with the wrong outfit.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread