What's your longest (farther) tour till now ?

Daxaero

Hi,

EU trucking is more about transport inside EU and some countries in near Asia like Turkey (mostly european side of Istanbul) and Russia (Not so far from M oscow, but count it in Asia). It's all within 4 000 kilometers. My longest tour was Bosnia - Portugal which is 3500 kilometers in one way. Now, i have a friend and he works for a Slovenian trucking company which holds Kyrgystan and now they are preparing to work on Mongolia (10 000 kilometers in one way ). Since there are no truck services there for EU trucks and so on... i wonder how do they work on that in logistical way ?

About as far as possible for us in the states. Ran from Maine to Los Angeles a couple times. 3200 miles.

Ran some loads from Canada to California as well that may have been farther, given I had to run across the south to get to California.

Neither was much fun due to the tight timelines and trying to run what we call team freight today as a solo driver.

Mongolia??

WOW.

I would not want to be one of those drivers.

@SkateBoard has taken a trip or two from the Northeast US all the way to Alaska at least once I think.

Longest I've ever been dispatched was probably 2500 miles or so on a multi stop load of windows, in a dry van. I started delivering in Arkansas, and finished in Miami, starting in Wisconsin.

I still kinda miss hauling Weathershield windows. To this day it remains of the better jobs I ever had. Hub miles, pay per drop, normal business hours. Pretty sweet deal overall. Sometimes you got pretty sweaty especially down south, and had to go without bathing (which drove me nuts) but overall it was a good deal. One trip out, one trip back, once a week.

Ambridge, PA to Anchorage, AK

4,000 miles. Did it again but can't remember where I started from. Both runs for the Navy to relocate dentists. Took 2 light PODS and a car. Both times paid $15,000. They paid me a good rate to go then enough to dead head back into the states plus 600 miles to a better area. Landstar too if you can believe it.

Seattle to Miami 3300, 6 effin stops.
Everything from furniture to flowers to basketball backboards and canned salmon.
But my favorite stop was in St. Louis at the big museum downtown......on field trip day. Field trip for every ****in school in the damn universe day.

Blind siding thru the parking lot dodging school busses and school kids while the most useless security guard EVER sat on his ever fattening ass.

Good times.

When I was pulling vans I realized that any time you have to go anywhere near the employee parking lot, you were in for a treat.

And by "treat" I mean shitty time.

Good thing is tgat in USA you have a dense number of services, stops, petrol stations etc.... when you go through Russia to Mongolia, you are driving at 6000 feets above sea level in a midlle of nothing. The don't see a civilisation for a three days when passing there. And they always go in caravans in case they are attacked or got malfunctioned Drivers earn arround 4000 euros or near 10 000 dollars for that tour which takes around a month to complete. Prete much a cowboy style of life.

Trucks usualy have a thank capacity of 1400 liters which is enough for 4000 kilometers. Price in EU is 1.45 euro per liter, and in russia is 0.50 per liter so for 700 euros you have a full tank. There is no much criminal there. Road gangs are in Ukraine. The only problem is that you drive through 7 time zones and three war zones...... it's all about the zones :D

a few month ago there was an emergency call of a driver who was in half awake condition. He remembers that he felt asleep and when he woke up, he had a scar on his back. Ukraine is on bad word regarding organs traffiking. Someone sneaked near his truck and vent a gas into the cabin. Once he was in deep sleep they broke a door lock and began operation procedure of removing a kidney from his body. He woke up with illness, throwing up body liquid and attacked on mineral mixture hanging from upper bed with a scar at his body. that is the reality of ex soviet countries. Horrors are happening there.

a few month ago there was an emergency call of a driver who was in half awake condition. He remembers that he felt asleep and when he woke up, he had a scar on his back. Ukraine is on bad word regarding organs traffiking. Someone sneaked near his truck and vent a gas into the cabin. Once he was in deep sleep they broke a door lock and began operation procedure of removing a kidney from his body. He woke up with illness, throwing up body liquid and attacked on mineral mixture hanging from upper bed with a scar at his body. that is the reality of ex soviet countries. Horrors are happening there.
There's been a story similar to that circulating this country for decades.

To answer your original question, Seattle, WA to Daytona Beach, FL. 3,070 miles...just under 5,000 km. I carry 250 gallons of diesel (950 l).

After 6000 miles long journey, our truck arrived to Mongolia. I was not a driver of this truck. Btw the truck is 2014. model Mercedes Benz Actros
model Me
10409652_10204217836040457_8247712854560633605_n.jpg

You don't think armed mercenaries extorting money on behalf of the world's most powerful criminal organization is something to ***** about?
Think you missed the point.
I was comparing what we bitch about to what they have to put up with.

My longest run was from the West coast to the East coast. What ever that amounts to?

A driver from my company just came back from a trip to his Homeland of Poland. He was telling me a bit about trucking over there. All of the countries a driver could drive through. A different world for sure.
Over here I am only a foreigner in two countries, America and Quebec.lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread