What the...?

Duck

Sarcastic remark goes here
ascontent_b.xx.fbcdn.net_hphotos_prn1_1525555_682174465160685_304751580_n.jpg

@Tim, ... what's this contraption between the seats?

MACK's inline 6 speed shifter.
Was it some kind of primitive cave man version of dumbing it down so they can recruit idiots to drive them, like they're doing with automatics today?

I'm guessing it's one of the most simplest transmissions that will last forever

I'm guessing it's one of the most simplest transmissions that will last forever

For sure longer than your butt and back on those Mack seats. All our newer ones have Simpson seats but none of them have lumbar supports that will inflate for more than 5 seconds. What is it with Mack and seats anyways????

I could tell you a story about a truck with that style of parking brake. The ink was still drying on my license and I was driving a box truck for a fairly large company. I set the parking brake and went in to see the customer. So I am talking to the guy and I look out the window that is above the door and there goes by a company truck.
So I am standing there thinking, Now why in the hell would they send two trucks to the same place to pick up one skid? It don't make sense!
Then the OH shit! moment! I said to the customer, One sec I will be right back. I go flying out the door and there is my truck rolling across the parking lot and here I am chasing down my truck. I caught it and got it stopped before it hit anything.

I am positive I set that brake. I may have hit it exiting the truck or it was not tight, Not sure.

I seen my boss step on the parking brake and the crane truck roll down a hill into a fence cause he didn't push hard enough

I've had a few stick-shift cars & a pickup that didn't even have a functional parking brake. Just leave it in 1st gear. I can get away with that in this part of Illinois where it's flat everywhere.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread