What shows do your kids watch at home, and do you use these shows to teach them?

Mike

We have DirectTV, and the kids have televisions in there rooms. Needless to say, many things on television are "off limits" for the kids.

Even with "kids" shows though, there are many things that are on those shows that aren't always acceptable for our kids to do, and they must get that understanding of right and wrong from the parents.

Take some time to watch the programs that your kids are watching. When you see things that are on those shows that you feel are inappropriate, make sure your kid knows that it is inappropriate and why.

For example: Spongebob is clearly a boy, yet sometimes he dresses up like a girl. It is a kids show, our kids watch it, but I don't want our kids thinking this behavior is appropriate. It becomes our responsibility, when the kid is old enough to realize what is happening, to let them know that they shouldn't do that and why.

The above is just an example. Just don't assume that what your kid is watching is completely appropriate just because it is a kids show. I think you have to know what they are watching, and let them know when something isn't right, otherwise, what they are watching on that show could pattern their behavior in the future. As parents, you want to be who patterns their behavior, not the television.

T.V, For some part pushes the far, far left agenda.I don't stand over there. It's good to see you are one of the involved parents and not one that uses T.V. As a babysitter.

Spongebob:

On that show, there's a restaurant called "The Krusty Krab" & it's located in a place called "Bikini Bottom".

My boy likes Tom & Jerry, Dukes of Hazard, and Smokey and the Bandit...the same stuff I grew up on.

We don't have cable or any dishes of any sort....but he has a large collection of DVD's.

If my kid even thought about watching Spongebob....we'd be having a long talk.

Kids shows today are soooooo stupid!

My boy likes Tom & Jerry, Dukes of Hazard, and Smokey and the Bandit...the same stuff I grew up on.

We don't have cable or any dishes of any sort....but he has a large collection of DVD's.

If my kid even thought about watching Spongebob....we'd be having a long talk.

Kids shows today are soooooo stupid!

My GF's 14 yr old still watches that stupid Spongebob thing. On her Facebook page, for the "job" field it says "Fry cook trainee at The Krusty Krab".

If you Google that, you'll find it's Wikipedia page. Krusty Krab - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Krusty Krab is a fictional restaurant in the underwater city of Bikini Bottom[SUP][1][/SUP] in the American animated television series SpongeBob SquarePants. The restaurant, owned and founded by Mr. Eugene Krabs, is famous along with its delicious Krabby Patty burgers in the series.[SUP][2][/SUP] Sheldon Plankton, Mr. Krabs' arch-nemesis and competitor, owns the Chum Bucket, a frustrated restaurant located right across the street from the Krusty Krab.

Really? Krusty Krabs located in Bikini Bottom???

If she was my daughter she wouldn't watch that kind of crap.

But she's not, ... so I don't really give a damn.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread