What have i been doing lately?

I tried driving them straight trucks but backing up, the steering was all wrong.
lol Yep. Sometimes in the straight trucks when backing I have to do a double take in the mirror trying to figure out why my "tail" is drifting to the right and not left.

No crap, I feel like I'm drunk when backing a car anymore, and I have to back through a gate around the back of the house to park my Escape. Hell I use to just whip it back there without hardly looking. Now I have to do a pull up or two. :crash:
I can whip my pickup and 24' enclosed trailer off the street, backwards down my alley, and angled into my yard and parking spot almost like nothing, even at night. But can I back just the truck straight on the slab next to my house in broad daylight? Nooooooooooo.

IMG_20180313_214121.png

Hey buddy . I love the change up when I jump between our straight trucks and our semis.

I chuckle within myself when the semi guys give me the cold shoulder at the fuel pumps or the docks or wherever because I'm just in a little straight truck.

Do you get that too?
Not with my coworkers and construction crews i work with (they respect me for what i do), but i get that a lot with other drivers. I also look young for my age, so i have that against me too. When most other drivers see me, they think im a new driver. When they start talking to me, theyre suprised by my level of knowledge.

Not with my coworkers and construction crews i work with (they respect me for what i do), but i get that a lot with other drivers. I also look young for my age, so i have that against me too. When most other drivers see me, they think im a new driver. When they start talking to me, theyre suprised by my level of knowledge.
Nobody's surprised by my level of knowledge. 🤤

I was saying to some old hands as we watched this old guy trying to back in a trailer.
I said, you know back in the day when you saw an old guy like that, He was an old hand. Nowadays you got old guys that are second career that are rookies.
Nothing against old guys that are second career, it just means I can't generalise the way I used to:p

I was waiting on this old hand to back in and I kind of know of him because I worked for the same company he is still with. I waited on him to blindside with a bunk truck because I figured this will only take a minute. Hand gave it a few tries and then waved me on by.
Hand got out and was cleaning his mirrors for the blindside. He wasn't in any hurry:thumbsup:

I was saying to some old hands as we watched this old guy trying to back in a trailer.
I said, you know back in the day when you saw an old guy like that, He was an old hand. Nowadays you got old guys that are second career that are rookies.
Nothing against old guys that are second career, it just means I can't generalise the way I used to:p

I was waiting on this old hand to back in and I kind of know of him because I worked for the same company he is still with. I waited on him to blindside with a bunk truck because I figured this will only take a minute. Hand gave it a few tries and then waved me on by.
Hand got out and was cleaning his mirrors for the blindside. He wasn't in any hurry:thumbsup:
A few years ago i helped a new Prime driver back into a spot at the wheeling TA. He was an older guy in his 60's. After he backed in, he insisted in buying dinner, so i said "oh, what the hell". Turned out he was a retired united pilot, driving semis to kill time after his wife died. Dude showed me his licenses, pictures, the works.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread