'unsafe speed'

Cybergal

Accident report claims Willard trucker driving at 'unsafe speed'

An Oklahoma Highway Patrol accident report says that a Willard man driving a tractor trailer that slammed into several cars, killing 10 people, was traveling at an “unsafe speed for traffic conditions.”

The crash happened as Donald Creed, 76, drove the tractor trailer on the Will Rogers Turnpike. According to the report, all the vehicles involved in the accident were eastbound on Interstate 44 when Creed “failed to slow down” and slammed into a vehicle in front of him, knocking it into a ditch. Creed’s truck continued east, hitting another vehicle and causing a chain reaction that involved several other vehicles, the report shows.

Accident report claims Willard trucker driving at 'unsafe speed' | News-Leader.com | Springfield News-Leader+

Yeah , and remember that article you posted about the ribbon cutting at the new Volunteer Training Center in Chattanooga a while back ? I e-mailed the manager of the news station and the head of the Chamber of Commerce and told them the school owner was committing fraud using driver shortage stats from 5 years ago . Just now I emailed them the article you posted about the school no longer being able to certify CDL's . I told them , go ahead and keep lining your pockets with money from these ripoff schools .

Thanks for posting about this. I caught a tiny bit of information about this wreck and wanted to find out more because they were discussing the possibility of putting age limits on drivers, so I figured it must have been a really messed up wreck.

In Canada every CDL holder age 65 and over has to be completely retested to renew their CDL - written test , road test , the works . Quite a few have been refused renewal because they didn't do the pretrip to the inspector's satisfaction .

Yeah, I was hearing about Canada's rule, as well as the age limit of 60 for pilots, which some think should be applied to truck drivers as well. I personally don't think there should be an age limit, but I do feel like their should be re certification tests, not just for older people, but periodically for all drivers.

Then again, if we could get driver pay up to where it should be, 75 year old people would probably be retired rather than stuck working until they die.

I read something where Obama wants to let old people who have health problems suffer and die!

I've known several drivers working in their 70's . They stayed local though , not OTR . They do have to watch their health though . But if it's determined drivers can't hold a CDL after a certain age then drivers over that age should also be prohibited from driving RV's . Try pushing a law on that and watch the protest .
People wanting to mandate early retirement age need to think of the effect on Social Security . Get a few million people to quit contributing and start drawing from it 10 years earlier and it'll be in a lot worse shape than it already is .

Inattentive driver sideswipes semi in initial crash that led to Friday's deadly I-44

Inattentive driver sideswipes semi in initial crash that led to Friday's deadly I-44 pileup

OTTAWA COUNTY, OKLA. - Authorities are piecing together information on why traffic was stopped on the interstate before a semi-truck plowed into a line of cars in Friday's pile-up that killed ten people.
A captain with the Oklahoma State Highway Patrol (OSHP) tells us the total investigation could take up to a month to complete.
Right now investigators are talking to witnesses and getting help from patrol officers as far as Oklahoma City.
The OSHP says motorists need to be alert on the interstate while driving.
Captain Scott Horton of of the highway patrol says preliminary reports show that a motorist was sleepy or not paying attention and drifted over to the shoulder and side swiped a semi-truck.

Inattentive driver sideswipes semi in initial crash - KOAM TV 7 Joplin and Pittsburg News Weather Sports |

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread