Uncle Birchys "Handyman" Services & Company too

Uncle Birchy

Okay thought of some "Entrepreneurship" here..

How many people today don't know how change a tire or unclog a stopped up sink..

"Note" I don't do "Big Project" like Remodeling etc..

Because when your kitchen sink stopped up and "Draino" didn't Do It..

I got a pipe-wrench in my tool box..

Pop that off then take a flathead screwdriver & coat hanger scrape all that junk outta there..

Hook it all back up & Drain flows "Smooth"

You're stupid Kids can't change a Battery..

Welp I can "show" then how 2 do that ..

Um probably another 50 thingys or so too..

"Reasonable Rates" and "Guarantee" Each Job 30 Days "Full Coverage" Warranty although "Pro-Rated" ..

Just need somebody to talk too that's the Company "Too"..

You provide the Beer & Meals for a mere $20 dollars an hour I will come over and hang out with ya ..

Drink some beers & talk about the world....

As an "Added" Bonus ya might get some "counseling" too on the house & Free Of Charge ..

For ya "less attractive" ladies out there but ya got a "Big Rack"..

$pecial this week only..

Pull my Head in there tell me what a "Handsome" guy I am

1/2 off that's a 50% "discount" again This Week Only

How do you discount a 0 service charge for the big rack?

Handyman services are not what they appear to be. Break a pipe, burn down a house because you changed a switch or hung a fan. Cause a pool leak because a pipe underground cracked. The list is endless. Get yourself insured if you want to go that route. Getting smothered by a big rack is a lot more fun that sitting in a courtroom with a "Karen" screaming about the crappy job you did.

As a former plumber do not ever use draino in a drain you plan on opening up. That shit will burn your ass. I have banned any drain opener in our house. If it your drains ever back up you need to step up your house maintenance
That clog will get some serious plunger action or a long snake.

There are sites out there that offer those services. Billy with a Bachelor of arts will come over and clean your BBQ grill or clean your aluminum siding, rake the leaves or just about any other task you have.

Don't worry about Billy, this is just a steppingstone until a Bachelor of arts become relevant in the working world.

How do you discount a 0 service charge for the big rack?

Handyman services are not what they appear to be. Break a pipe, burn down a house because you changed a switch or hung a fan. Cause a pool leak because a pipe underground cracked. The list is endless. Get yourself insured if you want to go that route. Getting smothered by a big rack is a lot more fun that sitting in a courtroom with a "Karen" screaming about the crappy job you did.
Fake name, cash only. That way you don't have to give half of your income to the organized crime syndicate in Washington DC.

I saw a guy delivering regular merchandise to a Dollar General in southern Illinois yesterday morning.

He just had a diesel pickup and an enclosed trailer.

No DOT numbers or anything. That's the way to do it in the freight business. 😎

Fake name, cash only. That way you don't have to give half of your income to the organized crime syndicate in Washington DC.
What I meant was, Birchy can't charge for something that he's going to do for free. You know as well as I do that he'll stick his face into a big rack for no charge at all. Hence, he can't discount a freebie job!

What I meant was, Birchy can't charge for something that he's going to do for free. You know as well as I do that he'll stick his face into a big rack for no charge at all. Hence, he can't discount a freebie job!
I was referring to his first post.
As a former plumber do not ever use draino in a drain you plan on opening up. That shit will burn your ass. I have banned any drain opener in our house. If it your drains ever back up you need to step up your house maintenance
I remove the trap, shove one of these into the pipe and blast it out with the hose.

p_1000122826.jpg

My kitchen sink drain is so old and has too many corners in it the way they routed it, I usually shove the drain bladder thing into a cleanout and blast water up from the basement into a plastic tub I put under the sink so I can alternate the flow direction and really clean it out.

2-3 times in each direction and that drain will work just fine as long as a certain idiot doesn't try to use it as a garbage disposal.

"Well little pieces of food never clogs up the sink in Tennessee"

"That's because you have a garbage disposal under the sink, derrr... "

🙄

Ya gotta pour it straight down the sink and if ya read the "Instructions" after afew hours ya supposed boil a pot of water "Wash" that all down

Yeah ya that's stuffs "Corrosive" eat your skin..

Draino is a "quick" fix and EVENTUALLY you'll have to take the pipe off get in there and "scrape" all the sludge & crap outta there..

That stuff in a half gallon jug can fix like a little "build-up" in drain ...

Once it really starts going take the pipe off "scrape" it clean ..

Be good another "Decade"..

A "Real" Plumber charge ya $75/$100 buck$ for that 20 minutes "1/2" hour"..

Even if ya renting ya gotta call your "Land-Lord" make "Arrangements "..

Okay it's a long "Holiday" Weekend can't get a-hold of "Nobody"..

Eh if ya know how 2 "Do That" much you'll save your $$$$ for when ya got a "Real Problem"

I was referring to his first post.

I remove the trap, shove one of these into the pipe and blast it out with the hose.

View attachment 87401

My kitchen sink drain is so old and has too many corners in it the way they routed it, I usually shove the drain bladder thing into a cleanout and blast water up from the basement into a plastic tub I put under the sink so I can alternate the flow direction and really clean it out.

2-3 times in each direction and that drain will work just fine as long as a certain idiot doesn't try to use it as a garbage disposal.

"Well little pieces of food never clogs up the sink in Tennessee"

"That's because you have a garbage disposal under the sink, derrr... "

🙄
I also have a bad drain in a bathroom sink. We use that exact thing aboot once a month just to keep it open

Ya gotta pour it straight down the sink and if ya read the "Instructions" after afew hours ya supposed boil a pot of water "Wash" that all down

Yeah ya th

Even if ya renting ya gotta call your "Land-Lord" make "Arrangements "..

Okay it's a long "Holiday" Weekend can't get a-hold of "Nobody"..

Eh if ya know how 2 "Do That" much you'll save your $$$$ for when ya got a "Real Problem"
Exactly! I rent this place and calling management is kinda useless. Just poor some draino and be done with it.
I may or may not do that in the condo I own. I probably wouldn't have to.

Get an empty 2 liter bottle.

Rip up about a square foot of aluminum foil into strips and put them in the bottle.

Add maybe half a cup of drano.

Then add about 2 cups of water quickly using a funnel or a hose outside.

Quickly cap the bottle and throw it.

The drano, once hydrated by the water, will eat the aluminum foil and produce gas, which will continue to build pressure in the bottle until it bursts open at approximately 155 psi.

It's pretty loud, like an M80.

Get an empty 2 liter bottle.

Rip up about a square foot of aluminum foil into strips and put them in the bottle.

Add maybe half a cup of drano.

Then add about 2 cups of water quickly using a funnel or a hose outside.

Quickly cap the bottle and throw it.

The drano, once hydrated by the water, will eat the aluminum foil and produce gas, which will continue to build pressure in the bottle until it bursts open at approximately 155 psi.

It's pretty loud, like an M80.
Just get some sodium hydroxide. A.k.a. lye

Just get some sodium hydroxide. A.k.a. lye
There are lots of acids and bases to mix to overinflate a 2 liter bottle. But the topic was drano.

We used to use "The Works" drain cleaner which contains hydrochloric acid. But I'm pretty sure Drano, being a powder, is dehydrated & is reactivated by the water it encounters in the drain.

20 years ago my mom was a chemist and she used to bring home a mixture of 20% hydrochloric acid (80% water).

That stuff was damn good at cleaning the tarnish off of pots and pans.

The stainless pots with the copper on the outside bottom, you could scrub the copper with a scotch pad until your arm is tired and it won't clean it as well as that 20% solution does instantly.

Instantly... It's like simply rinsing it off.

I wish I could get more of that stuff.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread