TWIC discount: TSA lowers TWIC card cost by $2.75

Maria

Diet Coke
Staff member
Truck drivers who need a TWIC card to drive onto U.S. ports and certain warehouses will see a modest price drop.

TWIC, or the Transportation Worker Identification Credential, is a biometric-capable identity card that can be read by remote devices to check fingerprints, residency documents and other information.

The Transportation Security Administration has announced TWIC enrollment will drop from $132.50 to $129.75 on March 19.

The price decrease was announced after the Federal Bureau of Investigation implemented a fee reduction for its fingerprint-based criminal history records information check.

TWIC applicants undergo background checks that include a search of the FBI’s fingerprint-based criminal history records check.

More than 1.9 million U.S. workers have enrolled in TWIC. The program was created after the terrorist attacks on 9/11. The first TWIC enrollments began in 2007 and will start expiring later this year.

Applicants and TWIC cardholders who obtained their TWIC before March 19 will not receive a $2.75 refund, TSA said.

source

Hell that is as bad as the IRS check I got yesterday, why???????? it is the first refund I have received in 21 years and they even paid me interest on it a whole .08 I am sitting in tall cotton now.:banana:

Don't scoff at this, why, this saves you company drivers from driving the 15 whole miles it takes yo to make $2.75. That 15 miles is a 35 minutes in the life of prime drivers they could never get back otherwise.

Wow. A whole $2.75. Big money. Gee, we have such a great and generous government, don't we?

I wish they would streamline the processes, and combine the FBI background check for the hazmat endorsement with the background check for the TWIC.

But that would make too much sense, wouldn't it?

Wow. A whole $2.75. Big money. Gee, we have such a great and generous government, don't we?

I wish they would streamline the processes, and combine the FBI background check for the hazmat endorsement with the background check for the TWIC.

But that would make too much sense, wouldn't it?

In the meantime.. I'm going to debate whether or not I should leave for my next trip or wait for the check.... gawd I hate these decisions......

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread