• Hi Guest,
    Do you have a question specific to a particular company? If so, click here for our list of over 50 popular trucking companies. Don't see the company listed? Post your question in our General Trucking Forum for all of our members to see, and we will consider adding a forum specifically for the company you mention.

Tuition-free CDL Driving Academy - Yellow/YRC

Thunder Road

Tuition-free CDL Driving Academy - Truck Driver Jobs ...

Get Paid to Train: Four Weeks at a YELLOW CDL Driving Academy. The CDL training program consists of classroom instruction and behind the wheel training with an experienced instructor in preparation for the State Class A CDL Skills and Road Testing.

I remember when YRC required a few years experience to get hired on.

Now they've got their own CDL mill and indentured servitude like all of the bottom feeding mega fleets.

And recruiters spamming the internet.

So sad to see.

Last edited:

As a full-time YELLOW employee you’ll receive amazing benefits:

• 100% paid healthcare for you AND your family
  • Great pay. Road drivers first year expected income $60-65k plus
  • Paid holidays, vacation, and sick days
  • Great home time
  • Company paid hotel for overnights
  • When the wheels stop moving we still pay you: hourly pay for load delay/layover

Call me a skeptic...

I always immediately suspect that 100% company paid health care is going to be little more than an attempt to control almost every aspect of your life regarding diet and exercise and habits, and maybe even recreation.

Step out of line and all of a sudden you have ZERO benefits because you're a heart patient and we have you on camera buying a bag of Fritos from the vending machine in the terminal.

Or you posted a beer on Facebook last weekend.

Oh and that skydiving trip you had planned? Super high risk. We're not going to cover anything that might occur from that.

I remember when YRC required a few years experience to get hired on.

Now they've got their own CDL mill and indentured servitude like all of the bottom feeding mega fleets.

And recruiters spamming the internet.

So sad to see.
That used to be a "Union" outfit weren't they?

"Full time" on the extra board?
I doubt they're given the primo trips right off the bat. Most people understand that walking into a job as the new guy doesn't entitle one to the top tier of a company instantly.

But as long as the pay scale is there who cares. Might as well take advantage of the insane amount of bailout money YRC got twice.

I doubt they're given the primo trips right off the bat. Most people understand that walking into a job as the new guy doesn't entitle one to the top tier of a company instantly.

But as long as the pay scale is there who cares. Might as well take advantage of the insane amount of bailout money YRC got twice.
Ever since I've been driving I always got the same runs as everyone else. At USX even the pay was the same. At Pumpkin it took 2 years to max out.

And we had 20 year guys, 15 year guys, etc.

Ever since I've been driving I always got the same runs as everyone else. At USX even the pay was the same. At Pumpkin it took 2 years to max out.

And we had 20 year guys, 15 year guys, etc.
Walmart tried a split pay scale. Heads rolled in a hurry. We max out here in I think 3 or 4 years...

We usually get a small raise at the start of every calendar year too. One year the paid out 1% of previous years gross instead.

Walmart tried a split pay scale. Heads rolled in a hurry. We max out here in I think 3 or 4 years...

We usually get a small raise at the start of every calendar year too. One year the paid out 1% of previous years gross instead.
Our pay raises at Schneider were based on not tearing up equipment and not quitting. The quarterly bonuses were easy to hit so as long as you got those you got a raise on your anniversary date.

At USX everyone already got the same rate. On one hand you start out the same as everyone else. On the other hand, there's nothing to look forward to. Once I got tired of the 6 day weeks (every other weekend off), it was time to move on...which didn't take long. 😂

It's interesting to hear that not all Yellow terminals are union now.

Thats got to be some severe dirty looks going both ways.

I think to work for an outfit like that I'd want access to all the perks a union job brings. Including the pension when it's over.

It's interesting to hear that not all Yellow terminals are union now.

Thats got to be some severe dirty looks going both ways.

I think to work for an outfit like that I'd want access to all the perks a union job brings. Including the pension when it's over.
Is it just me or are they awful dirty places with shit for equipment considering how arrogant they are?

Can you just imagine starting as a newbie in the world trucking? The thought runs chills up and down my spine.

If I can just make it 12 more months.........
The way it is now? These poor guys aren't ever given the chance to learn what it takes to be a professional. One has to wonder if the industry will ever wake up and realize exactly what the micromanagement costs them in the long run.

Can you just imagine starting as a newbie in the world trucking? The thought runs chills up and down my spine.

If I can just make it 12 more months.........
@Mike is all about this forum helping new people.

At 27 years in I wouldn't have a clue what to tell them. My default phrase is simply "bring toilet paper".

The way it is now? These poor guys aren't ever given the chance to learn what it takes to be a professional. One has to wonder if the industry will ever wake up and realize exactly what the micromanagement costs them in the long run.
My brain was starting to atrophy as a mega driver.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread