trouble finding loads

for a hd pickup truck. tried direct freight, direct express, realtime freight, uship, 123freight. No one would even direct me to a freight broker. Guess if you can't carry 40K, don't bother. business.com, all the ones my imagi
nation could think of. Which ones am I missing? f 350 dually with no loads.

dually

got a cc for in-state. was going to get mc and ucr if i could justify it with loads. besides. duallys don't have to go into scales, and as long as I keep my nose clean, who's gonna know? but I do have liability, cargo insurance, and short term availability. The closest truck stops are about an hour away, and I'd hate to go that far, buy a book, and find out none are interested. I've already got $6500 into it, and in 3 months, got $60 out and calls from a bunch of idiots. "I don't care where you take it, but I'm not paying disposal fees." more than once.

got a cc for in-state. was going to get mc and ucr if i could justify it with loads. besides. duallys don't have to go into scales, and as long as I keep my nose clean, who's gonna know? but I do have liability, cargo insurance, and short term availability. The closest truck stops are about an hour away, and I'd hate to go that far, buy a book, and find out none are interested. I've already got $6500 into it, and in 3 months, got $60 out and calls from a bunch of idiots. "I don't care where you take it, but I'm not paying disposal fees." more than once.

You do need to have authority to broker loads. Your wrong about dullies don't have to go in scales. If you broker a load your for hire and a commerical truck. I love turning in dullies when they pass scales. You have all the same laws as the big trucks do.

Washington law states commercial vehicles over 16,000 must enter, and oregon says over 20,000. I'm going to call truck stops in the area and ask about broker books.
Load board companies dont do that. they just charge for letting you look at listings. But I'm only registered for 10k, so I'm exempt

Washington law states commercial vehicles over 16,000 must enter, and oregon says over 20,000. I'm going to call truck stops in the area and ask about broker books.
Load board companies dont do that. they just charge for letting you look at listings. But I'm only registered for 10k, so I'm exempt

Good luck!!! Its a gray line.. Your registered for 10k, Your truck and trailer weigh 10k or more. It goes on the gross.

the only trailer I have can hold about 1,000 pounds. If I do haul a trailer, it will be the customer's trailer (or one I rent). For several reasons, I can't own a trailer right now, but I am fully capable of towing.

you can find loads on uship you just have to bid on the loads , i dont like the system but a lot do and there to cheap for me .
J.R. HORTON

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread