Training

r3gulator3

IMA KEEP IT REDNECK
Hey y'all,

How is everyone? Been busy with training. The weather here was crappy. It snowed all day but they still let us drive the trucks out on the road. I have ridden in a lot of trucks but this 579 Pete rides like a dream. I was amazed that they let us drive today. Looking forward to getting more wheel time. We are two to a truck with a trainer. Missed a couple down shifts, but over all it went pretty well.
received_1535854663106258.jpeg

Hey y'all,

How is everyone? Been busy with training. The weather here was crappy. It snowed all day but they still let us drive the trucks out on the road. I have ridden in a lot of trucks but this 579 Pete rides like a dream. I was amazed that they let us drive today. Looking forward to getting more wheel time. We are two to a truck with a trainer. Missed a couple down shifts, but over all it went pretty well.
View attachment 38348
Yeah, Buddy! Cadillac's wish they rode as well as a 579:):thumbsup:

I knew what the weather was gonna be.
Just wish it wasn't.
Gots to engage in that shit ( weather). Mother nature thinks she is the storm. Bitch please, I am the storm!

Honestly I love driving in the storms. It is the only time driving is interesting. the summer time is just waiting for winter storms to roll around.

Repeat after me "Wish in one hand......" Well you know the rest.

Do they really give you a proper haircut when you get there?

They do have a dress code and appearance standard. For safety reasons, exceptions are made for religious or cultural reasons. One thing I love about being here. They tell ya like it is. It's your choice to stay or go.

It's refreshing for me being prior service to work for a company that has standards and enforces them.

They do have a dress code and appearance standard. For safety reasons, exceptions are made for religious or cultural reasons. One thing I love about being here. They tell ya like it is. It's your choice to stay or go.

It's refreshing for me being prior service to work for a company that has standards and enforces them.
JB Hunt was like that, may still be..

if you wore thier shirt and pants, you got x number of cents per mile extra.

they DID NOT ALLOW any facial hair......

which is good, cuz many times, ya can't tell the difference between a guy and a gal...!!!!!!

I was just being a smart ass. TMC was always said to stand for Trucking Marine Corps so I wondered if your first day looked like this
main-qimg-d84d8a67f70affe2677162628828efbe-c

images

main-qimg-fc9913ca8191e141123f4e3a9631f54b-c

Congrats on driving in winter. I do remember my first one alone and I was born and raised in the stuff.

2 important things to remember:
1. Don't make any sudden movements in steering and braking. Slow down enough to give yourself time to do gradual.
2. When you're on your own it's you that makes the decision to pull over or not. If you're feeling very stressed and uncomfortable hang it up regardless of dispatch. They ain't there, you are. You'll get better as you gain experience. Do not base your decision on how many trucks are still rolling around you. They probably have alot more "snow time" than you and you'll likely see the ones that are too chicken to stop in the median or wrapped around a bridge abutment the next day.

It's alot easier to explain why an intact load is a few hours late than why it's scattered all over the country side.

Congrats on driving in winter. I do remember my first one alone and I was born and raised in the stuff.

2 important things to remember:
1. Don't make any sudden movements in steering and braking. Slow down enough to give yourself time to do gradual.
2. When you're on your own it's you that makes the decision to pull over or not. If you're feeling very stressed and uncomfortable hang it up regardless of dispatch. They ain't there, you are. You'll get better as you gain experience. Do not base your decision on how many trucks are still rolling around you. They probably have alot more "snow time" than you and you'll likely see the ones that are too chicken to stop in the median or wrapped around a bridge abutment the next day.

It's alot easier to explain why an intact load is a few hours late than why it's scattered all over the country side.

@Tazz I am proud be part of "the Trucking Marine Corps" I'll wear that badge with pride. Lol

@Southern Fried During my training here they have been huge on "if it's not safe, park the truck" in multiple classes they reiterate that you will not get in trouble if you stop the truck for saftey reasons. Which I really respect.

Good tips as well. I will definitely keep these things in mind.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread