thinking about trucking

TaT's definitely march to the beat of a different drum :) I don't mean that in a bad way, but I do believe it takes a particular kinda of person to be a trucker.

Point taken Road Dust but I'd never dash a Guys Dreams,it's one of the very few choices we are left with in this World and God knows they are few and far between,
Maybe TaT could start off small like local Deliveries,get to know other Drivers, perhaps he could even accompany one on a run,his options are wide and varied,let him explore and when he has exhausted all Avenues then he can say "I've tried and tested,it's not for me,now I can move on ." I followed my Dream and I wont deny it was hard at times but I stuck it out,now I consider myself one of the fortunate People,I love the Life and the Drivers I meet,I'm out in the fresh Air all Day and I get to see the Country
Sometimes we just need a nudge to take the 1st step,they say thats the hardest.

Point taken Road Dust but I'd never dash a Guys Dreams,it's one of the very few choices we are left with in this World and God knows they are few and far between,
Maybe TaT could start off small like local Deliveries,get to know other Drivers, perhaps he could even accompany one on a run,his options are wide and varied,let him explore and when he has exhausted all Avenues then he can say "I've tried and tested,it's not for me,now I can move on ." I followed my Dream and I wont deny it was hard at times but I stuck it out,now I consider myself one of the fortunate People,I love the Life and the Drivers I meet,I'm out in the fresh Air all Day and I get to see the Country
Sometimes we just need a nudge to take the 1st step,they say thats the hardest.
Excellent reply!

Excellent reply!

Thanks Road Dust, Just as a matter of interest, how did you become involved in Truckin',from your Photo you dont look the type {and thats intended as a Compliment } who would be comfortable behind a Wheel, my point being "What exactly is a special kind of person who can become a Truck Driver " at the end of the Day we are all ordinary People trying to make a living,

Ya roadust knows she has it goin on ,LOL.
Thanks Road Dust, Just as a matter of interest, how did you become involved in Truckin',from your Photo you dont look the type {and thats intended as a Compliment } who would be comfortable behind a Wheel, my point being "What exactly is a special kind of person who can become a Truck Driver " at the end of the Day we are all ordinary People trying to make a living,

Thank you! I guess I am a bit of a tomboy, lol, I love big trucks. I wouldn't really say it takes a special kind of person to become a truck driver. I suppose anyone can do it to make a living. However, I believe those who truly enjoy trucking would never ever be happy doing anything else.

Not to worry Road Dust, us Tomboys and Tomgirls {Tomladies,whichever } have to stick together. We have a Female Driver here who is as skinny as a Whippet we nicknamed her Big Bertha, thankfully she has a great sense of humour and gives as good as she gets,I look on with envy as she handles her 18 Wheeler and she can literally turn it on a Dime.
The Sticker on her Windscreen reads "NO FEAR HERE ", oh for the Days when I was her age.

Have you considered becoming a freight forwarder or freight broker? I am a single mom of three and work from home. I am here when the kids leave and here when they arrive home. It is generally not a get rich job- but it does generate a decent income and enables flexibility.
Another option would be to look into being a dispatcher for a couple of carriers. I have a few friends that do this and they too work from home in doing so.
If you have any questions or would like more information on how to pursue either please feel free to contact me and I can provide you with some information.
I know how difficult it can be as I was in your situation several years ago. There are also other work from home employment opportunities that are legit. In addition, perhaps you could find a local truck driving job that enables you to be home nightly. I do have several contacts with companies based out of MI as well.
Again feel free to contact me if you would like any information or contacts.
[email protected]
Best wishes to you and your family!!!

Human Spammmmmer....over

Freight Coach 2
Newbie Trucker
Re: thinking about trucking
Have you considered becoming a freight forwarder or freight broker? I am a single mom of three and work from home. I am here when the kids leave and here when they arrive home. It is generally not a get rich job- but it does generate a decent income and enables flexibility.
Another option would be to look into being a dispatcher for a couple of carriers. I have a few friends that do this and they too work from home in doing so.
If you have any questions or would like more information on how to pursue either please feel free to contact me and I can provide you with some information.
I know how difficult it can be as I was in your situation several years ago. There are also other work from home employment opportunities that are legit. In addition, perhaps you could find a local truck driving job that enables you to be home nightly. I do have several contacts with companies based out of MI as well.
Again feel free to contact me if you would like any information or contacts.
[email protected]
Best wishes to you and your

Does this heLp ?

Seems to be a lot of spammers popping in lately. Guess that comes with increased traffic to the board.

yea and the GOLF CLUB chick can forget it too......so long Jenny John and sweet.....

advertising your wares that are not industry related and advertising truck related goods/services are another thing. This is a trucking forum so we might be seeing more "guarded" post related to the industry and the services available to us. May not be a bad thing. If a post is it will be gone.

If "smart arse responses" were the only problems I had in Life I'd be one happy {energizer} Bunny,[was that OK Road Dust], anyway Woodpecker dont give it a 2nd Thought.
Cheers.

I apologize for my smart arse response... I didn't realize you were from "the Father Land"

Stay Frosty

If "smart arse responses" were the only problems I had in Life I'd be one happy {energizer} Bunny,[was that OK Road Dust], anyway Woodpecker dont give it a 2nd Thought.
Cheers.

Scottland makes better Beer.....lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread