GPS The NCC Announces New Goodyear-branded Commercial Vehicle GPS Navigation System

Mike

The NCC Announces New Goodyear-branded Commercial Vehicle GPS Navigation System at SEMA 2008

Commercial Vehicle Unit First Complete Portable GPS Solution for Truckers

New York, NY (PRWEB) November 5, 2008 -- The NCC, a leading manufacturer of consumer electrical devices, announced today development of a Goodyear-branded commercial vehicle GPS.

The unit for CDL drivers, GY500X, will be targeted specifically at the trucking industry and drivers of other commercial vehicles, such as commercial vans, trailers, and large RVs and motor homes. More than just a GPS with "commercial mode", the unit will be designed from the ground up to appeal to the needs of the trucker.

Key features of the GY500X will include:

- Up-to-date Commercial Routes
- Height Restrictions
- Vehicle Weight Restrictions and Weight per Axle Restrictions
- Hazardous Materials restrictions
- 4.3" widescreen touch display
- Bluetooth connectivity for hands-free conversation
- FM Transmitter for car stereo integration
- Points of Interest specific for Commercial Vehicle Drivers, including weigh stations, truck stops, and diesel gas locations

The unit will also provide commercial trucking-specific routes based on factors the driver can input, including vehicle height, vehicle weight, and freight contents. Given these parameters, the unit can provide a targeted route that highlights weigh stations and avoids restricted roads.

"Right now the commercial trucking industry lacks a true portable navigation solution for their needs," said Barry Rosenstock, VP of Operations for the NCC. "Truckers have to resort to using laptop computers with specialized software, or a portable GPS that only does half the job. We're bringing a solution that knows truck-specific speed limits, identifies weigh stations, even calls out roads that certain chemical carriers can't travel on so that our country's commercial drivers can more efficiently move from one city to the next."

SEMA will be the first time the public can see a working prototype sample of the commercial driver model. The NCC plans to have these units ready for distribution to retail stores for purchase in the first quarter of 2009.

About The NCC
Founded in 1998 in Brooklyn, NY, the NCC has quickly become a market leader in holiday electrical accessories, and in 2005 expanded into everyday electrical. The company prides itself on product innovation, and has been praised by retailers nationwide for taking an innovative approach to product development and merchandising. In 2008, the NCC debuted its first line of global positioning devices (GPS), officially licensed by Goodyear, at the Consumer Electronics Show.

GOODYEAR (and wing foot design) is a trademark of The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company, Akron, Ohio USA used under license by The NCC NY, LLC.
View attachment 208

that will be pretty cool if it works the way it is supposed too. i don't remember seeing a price on it. i wonder if they are going to make it affordable esp. in these times.

I am sure this will be very expensive in the beginning.

Maybe they can donate one to truckersforum.net for testing and advertising purposes ;)

Maybe they can donate one to truckersforum.net for testing and advertising purposes ;)

if they can keep it in the 200$-300$ range that would be nice but we all know it will come out more like 400$-500$ maybe more at first.

well they are only a phone call away. ask for 2 so we both can have one to play with , i mean test out.

now if you were republican you could try that route and go by the name of Moose the forum leader. lol :stirpot:

I think you will see it in the $500 neighborhood, possibly more expensive even. Right now, $200 will get you a low end GPS, this one will be priced up with the high end models.

I think you will see it in the $500 neighborhood, possibly more expensive even. Right now, $200 will get you a low end GPS, this one will be priced up with the high end models.

so with that said we definitly need them to sponser you so "WE" can get one (or 2) for me, us, to try out.

and once it is donated I will be more than happy to test drive it along side my garmin and I will even put the cobra gps unit I gave to my daughter back into the truck to get a truly good comparison between the three.

If you would Bullwinkle,when you receive it just overnight it too me!! and don't forget to add plenty of insurance made out of course to me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread