• Hi Guest,
    Do you have a question specific to a particular company? If so, click here for our list of over 50 popular trucking companies. Don't see the company listed? Post your question in our General Trucking Forum for all of our members to see, and we will consider adding a forum specifically for the company you mention.

Swift set me up to FAIL

Sean McQuaid

Whiny baby
Trucking can be a DIRTY industry in good times. But in a bad economy and job market, they take DIRTY to the MAX. Companies who take on new drivers are subsidised by the Government. And when they can, they take the money and run - and avoid using that subsidy money for the tuition reimbursement to the school the driver came out of. I made the worst mistake of my life in believing trucking was good in a bad economy because freight still has to move. I came into trucking knowing full well of the long hours, low pay, very little time home - etc.. I did not expect to get hit with what I got hit with. The following is long, but fully details what Swift did to me:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After completing training with Swift, I was not issued a truck in spite of the fact I had been told I would have a truck "within a week" once I was finished training. I called Matthew Thompson on a DAILY basis to be updated for a truck - this was his requirement. During my calls, I was rushed to get off the phone, and I always had to ask where I was on the list, or how much time I still had to wait. Nothing was ever volunteered to me other than I was updated on the truck list. This made things difficult where properly governing my life was concerned.

After a month, and still without a truck, I was forced to move due to lack of income for too long a period of time. As bad luck would have it, Swift came up with a truck at the time I was in the middle of moving. They have to have trucks seated in within a 24 hour period, or the truck is lost. I had no choice but to decline and be moved back to the bottom of the list. Three weeks passed before a second truck was available. But Swift conveniently neglected to tell me I had to take a Smith System Driving Course as a prerequisite to being seated in the truck. It was stated to me by Matthew Thompson at the Ocala Terminal (who I reiterate I was calling DAILY to be upgraded on the truck list) that "someone on our end dropped the ball". This being that Mr. Thompson was not informed until that very day that I was on a safety hold because I was to take the Smith System class/course which I had not taken yet. It was already after 10:00 am when Matthew Thompson called me back to tell me of this task (which takes the better part of the day) I had to complete as a prerequisite to being seated in the truck. The nearest terminal was 3 hours away from where I was. In addition to the Smith System being the better part of the day, I had to go 500 miles to get the truck. Going the 500 miles is in addition to the 3 hours to the terminal, which did not even point me in the direction I was to go to get the truck. If the Smith System was not done that day (friday), I had to wait until monday. Going the 10 hours to get the truck from my location was difficult as it is, but possible. Getting the added task of the Smith System class made it impossible as there was no way to do the class that day given I'd not arrive at the terminal to do the class until the afternoon. By then it would have been too late and I would have only wasted my time, money and effort for something I could have (and should have ) been made aware of before that day.

It seems to me that it is believed that all truck drivers (or those becoming one) are totally stupid/ignorant. I am expected to believe that any safety hold on me or tasks I was to perform (such as the Smith System) was not known for 7+ weeks until the day I was to leave on a 500 mile trip to get a truck within a 24 hour time frame. Or I am supposed to believe that maybe a safety hold suddenly appeared on the very day I was to leave to get a truck 7 WEEKS after I finished training. Matthew Thompson is a SUPERVISOR, not just a Driver Manager. Matthew Thompson assigns the trucks, or oversees such. Any safety hold on me, or tasks to accomplish as a prerequisite to getting seated in a truck would be on his screen as soon as he entered my Driver Code. Just as the Safety Department, Driver Managers (Dispatchers) and possibly many others working with the company know this when my driver code is entered. Matthew Thompson told me I had plenty of time to complete the tasks required. Yes, I did. And I would have had I been told of something I did not know about. Matthew Thompson had plenty of time to inform me of a safety hold. He could have informed me up to the day before I was to leave for the truck, and I still could have accomplished the requirements. If this were a mistake on their end, it should not have been expected of me to perform the impossible, nor terminated when I clearly and obviously could not. Matthew thompson stated to me that I could "reach out and touch this truck". He also stated that I was on the truck list for way too long. The initial 4 weeks was no fault of mine, and if my not being able to get a truck assignment at that 4 week mark because of a move I was left with no choice but to do was the problem, I should have been terminated at that time and not strung along an additional 3+ weeks. It is indeed my opinion that Matthew Thompson continued to string me along over the 3 weeks after my not being able to take the truck the first time. He continued to make me believe that I was still an employee of Swift, and would have a truck the next time one came available. Instead I was set up for termination by my status being witheld from me until it was too late for me to accomplish what I had to do as the prerequisite to being seated in the truck (most namely, the Smith System). Matthew Thompson decietly and maliciously set me up to either quit or be terminated by not telling me of the Smith System until the very day I had to leave on a 500 mile trip to get a truck I had to be seated in within 24 hours.

After telling Mr. Thompson this was too unrealistic to accomplish, he recommended that my driver code be terminated on the grounds of a second truck refusal and being a no show. I saw the whole thing as a set up for my either being terminated or my quitting. I sent strong worded e-mails to Matthew Thompson as well as having contacted Human Relations at Swift Corporate. Mr. Thompson stated to me that given I was in contact with Human Relations, the matter was now above his head. I was to call Mr. Thompson's supervisor (Mr. Forrest Vance) in Greer, S.C. to resolve the matter. I was admittedly (and rightfully so) in a heated rage, and I did not contact Mr. Vance by phone as I feel as though he would have sided with Mr. Thompson. Mr. Vance also stated in correspondance to Human Relations that he tried to contact me at all numbers listed with no response. This is not so as I saw no indication on my phones of anyone trying to contact me from anywhere. And I have secured service records from my phone provider which confirms this (I suppose I was not supposed to think to do this as I am supposed to be stupid). Mr Vance further stated to Human Realtions that On 11/21 I was once again advised of truck availability in the area where I was staying. I was staying in the Roanoke area in Virginia, the truck I was to pick up was in Avenl, New Jersey - this is in the area I was staying?!?! Mr Vance stated I was "given instructions to report to the Richmond terminal 160 miles away so that they could update my CDL and complete my Smith system class. Mr Vance added I would then be transported to my truck in Avenl NJ to be ready to run Sat". The time required for all this would be obvious to anyone this was not possible, I would not have made the Richmond Terminal in time to start the Smith System. On top of that, Swift was NOT to transport me to Avenl, N.J. as I had a car which I would not/could not leave at a terminal several hundred miles from my home terminal when I had no way of knowing when I'd be able to get back there to retrieve the car, and have the time to do so. This meant that I would have driven through the night to get the truck had I had the time to do the Smith System that day. Meaning: with all I had to do, I would have been on the go 24 hours straight and expcted to run after being seated in the truck (Mr. Vance stated my being ready to run on saturday) which is excessive. The following is a direct verbatim quote from Mr. Vance's correspondance with Human Relations: "Mr. Mcquaid did not leave as instructed, rather he called the Harrisburg terminal to give a reason why he did not want to go. more than 2 hours later Mr. Mcquaid was sending a email to his terminal in Ocala stating he did not feel there was enough time to complete the tasks given and that he did not see the need to waste his time". Yet again, it is stated as though I am totally in the wrong. It was not a simple matter in that I did not want to go. Mr Vance states that I stated that I did not see the need to waste my time as though I were being totally arbitrary and unrealistic. Trying to complete what I had to complete with the lack of time would have been a waste of my time and money. Mr Vance also stated to Human Relations that he tried to contact me that morning at my numbers with no success which is also untrue as I had no indications of an incoming call(s), and nothing on record from my provider. Also in Mr. Vance's convincing correspondance to Human Relations was the fact they were done trying to help me due to my displeasure with Swift and nasty e-mails. There was no help extended to me in this matter, only problems. Matthew Thompson terminated my driver code because I could not complete a task there was no time to do, and I would not try. Matthew Thompson chose to not inform me of my status and what I needed to do until it was too late. And Forrest Vance did not attempt to call me as I had no incoming calls from anyone at any time. No one at Swift has shown me they were trying to help me, only cause me grief and aggravation. And start me down the road to be a loser/failure.

I don't know how happy I was supposed to be. Matthew Thompson had plenty of time to inform me of tasks I had to do prior to the day I was to leave on a long trip for a truck. He did not do so. It was expected of me that I believe that someone on their end "dropped the ball", and this did not surface until the day I had to leave on a long trip. It was expected of me to perform a miracle because of a supposid blunder on their end. It is my contention that if there was a mistake on their end, it should not have been put on me to bail them out when it was just about impossible with the time available. And if this is the way things happen with those in a position of this type of responsibility, I'd have to question whether I really want to work under these people, have confidence in them, or trust them or their judgement.

In addition, I know Swift hired too many drivers as the recession got worse, and Swift had no trucks to assign. And Swift (as well as other big companies) continued to hire drivers fresh out of school as they were getting subsidised for each student they hired on. Given this, it is my opinion that Swift (as well as others) were looking for ways and reasons to get rid of drivers. Matthew Thompson terminated my driver code, Though my DAC Report showed a Voluntary Quit (V.Q.); possibly because of the lengthly and detailed letters I wrote to Swift Corporate regarding the matter. If I am really in the wrong here, then why would I only have a V.Q. on my DAC, and not a termination? I have always thought people recieved as they deserved.

In the end, this is one way Swift has come up with ways to eliminate drivers, and continue to take on students coming out of school for the subsidy money. They got their money for me. They found a way to set me up to be terminated or quit BEFORE they had to pay any significant amount of reimbursement money to the school I attended for my CDL-A (namely C1). The way eliminated me was to not tell me of a task I had to perform until the day I had to leave on a 10 - 12 hour trip to get a truck which has to be seated within 24 hours. No one can convince me that they did not know of the things I had to do before being seated in a truck. They knew of the task before that day. They knew of the safety hold. And they knew the task takes the better part of the day, and that there was no way I could get to the terminal in time to start it to say nothing of the added time to get to the truck. I know I am not the only one who has had this or similar experiences. As for the future when drivers are not so easy to come by (as has been the usual case in the past), I hope Swift (and other carriers) remember the wrongs they have done to alienate drivers who could have been an asset, and the way they have used student drivers to continue to line their accounts. And understand why there will be a lack of trust extended to the company and drivers not want to work for them later when times are better. I (for one) am tired of the ways people have been played with and used. My memory is not short.

Bottom line: too many folks are being played games with and screwed over in a bad economy because those doing so can get away with it.

Trucking can be a DIRTY industry in good times. But in a bad economy and job market, they take DIRTY to the MAX. Companies who take on new drivers are subsidised by the Government. And when they can, they take the money and run - and avoid using that subsidy money for the tuition reimbursement to the school the driver came out of. I made the worst mistake of my life in believing trucking was good in a bad economy because freight still has to move. I came into trucking knowing full well of the long hours, low pay, very little time home - etc.. I did not expect to get hit with what I got hit with. The following is long, but fully details what Swift did to me:

After completing training with Swift, I was not issued a truck in spite of the fact I had been told I would have a truck "within a week" once I was finished training. I called Matthew Thompson on a DAILY basis to be updated for a truck - this was his requirement. During my calls, I was rushed to
Posted via Mobile Device

Sorry u went thru so much hell with swift but this happens alot with drivers and swift isnt the only company doing it the problem is too many drivers and not enough trks and or freight
Posted via Mobile Device

I am definately sure this has happened to a lot of other drivers (or similar or other experiences). I am also sure Swift is not the only company doing underhanded things. I have been with Werner, and have seen a lot of drivers set up to quit or be fired before I was fired myself.

Sad thing is that too many people who have had wrongs done to them are not speaking out. Just as it is a shame that so many "greenhorns" entering the industry do not know when they are being brainwashed and suckered into doing things with their logs so the company can have them work more hours by saving on the 70 hour clock. Too many don't know when they are being used and abused, or they at least allow it because they fear losing their job. And in a lot of cases, too many see the light too late because they have either had a mishap because of working and/or awake so may hours saving on the 70, or they get a violation and end up losing their CDL. In the end, it's the DRIVER who is responsible. If a dispatcher or company supervisor is telling to you do things which are technically against logging regulations to move freight more cheaply, see how much they back you when you get in trouble with the D.O.T. later on, or you lose your CDL.

My point with everything I have posted is that where the carriers are losing in freight movement to generate money, they have the government bailout subsidy money those carriers get for taking students recieve. They use this money to fill in some gaps where lost freight business is concerned; and in a lot of cases, find a way to get rid of the new driver before they have to use a large portion of that subsidy money to pay to the school the student came out of for the contracted tuition reimbursement. If a student is fired or quits early, do you really think the company gives the subsidy money back to the government, or is required to?!?! So, yeah. There are more people coming in than there are trucks. But too many people fail to see how many greenhorns and experienced drivers are being pushed out the back door to continue the monopoly of bringing in students to continue getting the subsidy money. The companies like Swift and Werner found a way to keep money coming in by USING CDL graduates. Then when you get fired over something you should not have been fired for, you have the termination on your DAC to haunt you later when you try to re-enter the industry.

While I have no real proof of the above, it is easy to figure it out based on what I have seen for myself.

I simply enetered trucking at the wrong time because I was led to fully believe I'd have no issues. I should have taken a job as a TAXI DRIVER.

I am one of those new CDL graduates that got on with Swift.....

My first week out I get 2 speeding tickets in California, only to find out my speedometer is showing me going 10 miles slower than my actual speed. I got my truck in the shop at a terminal, spent the better part of 2 days for a fix and some paperwork showing the mechanical failure and when I get back out on the road (with no paperwork showing the fix) I recheck my speedo to see if the problem is fixed.... NOPE they did nothing to it at all.....All my efforts to get back to a terminal to have it fixed again have been twarted, they keep sending me other places and have basically hung me out to dry saying I'm going to have to fight my tix. on my own.... I can't afford the fines and can't afford to have 2 points on my licence.
Swift is a bullshit company and now my lisence is basically useless to try and find other employment. Driver managers are useless, they only want to keep you on the road and tell you that it is your responsibility to know what your truck is doing which I would agree with but it's obv. a mech. failure on their part and the lack of help getting documentation to fight the eronious charges is maddening......

I am one of those new CDL graduates that got on with Swift.....

My first week out I get 2 speeding tickets in California, only to find out my speedometer is showing me going 10 miles slower than my actual speed. I got my truck in the shop at a terminal, spent the better part of 2 days for a fix and some paperwork showing the mechanical failure and when I get back out on the road (with no paperwork showing the fix) I recheck my speedo to see if the problem is fixed.... NOPE they did nothing to it at all.....All my efforts to get back to a terminal to have it fixed again have been twarted, they keep sending me other places and have basically hung me out to dry saying I'm going to have to fight my tix. on my own.... I can't afford the fines and can't afford to have 2 points on my licence.
Swift is a bullshit company and now my lisence is basically useless to try and find other employment. Driver managers are useless, they only want to keep you on the road and tell you that it is your responsibility to know what your truck is doing which I would agree with but it's obv. a mech. failure on their part and the lack of help getting documentation to fight the eronious charges is maddening......

I feel you pain - believe me. You situation is just another example of these companies not giving a hoot about you or your CDL. And another example of how they will set you up for failure, and it being up to the driver to know how to sidestep their nonsense. After my experience with Swift (the way they stratigically waited until the day I had to leave on a 500 mile trip to get a truck to tell me of a Smith System class I had to do knowing there was no way I could do that and get the truck all within 24 hours), Werner was telling me they were getting indications I was idling (9 hours one day and 11 hours the next day) when I was not. When Werner could not get me fired for the idling, they kept giving me load delivery times almost impossible to deliver ontime - so I got fired for late loads.

As for D.Ms. (dispatchers), they are worthless and at the forefront of people who do not care about drivers. They only care about how they run a driver for THEIR pay. And IF a driver and D.M. do not get along (more accurately - if the drivers does not kiss butt with the D.M.), the D.M. will make the driver's life a living hell. Pity these people (most of whom never drove a truck) have so much power over a driver. I'd have gone to SAFETY, but then they often don't give a crap either from what I have read here.

It's all a game these companies are playing with drivers who only wanted to have a job and make some kind of living to pay bills. Any they don't care about the DAC reports, work records and lives they are ruining in the process. I have been on here posting of my experiences and also bitching about regs dispatchers try to get you to break (which is another set up to get you fired). I am a total regs person, and because of that, I am told by veterin drivers that because I am a regs person, I am not cut out for this industry. It's as though they are telling me that the more regulations the D.O.T. implements, the more they can break. I AM cut out for the industry and be out there because I know how to follow regulations without complaining because I am making a couple of hundred a week less than what I can if I don't go totally by the book. I speak of regulations because this is another example of NO company caring about YOU or your CDL - it's up to the driver to protect himself/herself and the motoring public.

I might be in just a tiny bit of a better position than you because I have no citations against my CDL, but I do have a termination on my DAC for late loads. At school and Orientation, I remember it being said "it's not a question of IF you get a ticket, but WHEN.". As if they know they will brainwash a driver to do this or that. Not gonna happen with me. I read and absorb the D.O.T. regulations - logging - everything.

IF I am able to get back to driving again (I am going to try just ONE more time), I will remember your example here of faulty speedometer possibilities and use my GPS to compare speed indications. GPS gives an extremely accurate indication of your speed - I already made it a science of verifying and checking that out through several experimentations (being the GEEK that I am).

I hope you can overcome the problem you were given here, and you will be able to go forward.

Sean rather then complain about swift why dont u sue their sorry asses i know i would i sued a company for money they owed me they owed me a thousand dollars and lds they failed to pay and many reimbursements i did get my money back it wasnt so much the money but the principle companies literally get away with doing wrong to the drivers because the drivers wont do anything about it they just quit and go on to the next company i would sue them for 100 k just for the emotional distress dont take this lieing down so to speak take them to court comanies make a huge huge profit off the drivers by what u went thru by not paying u the driver for lds ect ect the list is endless what theses especially large carriers do to the drivers is very wrong and unacceptable sean fight swift to the bitter end believe me its great therapy
Posted via Mobile Device

Sean rather then complain about swift why dont u sue their sorry asses i know i would i sued a company for money they owed me they owed me a thousand dollars and lds they failed to pay and many reimbursements i did get my money back it wasnt so much the money but the principle companies literally get away with doing wrong to the drivers because the drivers wont do anything about it they just quit and go on to the next company i would sue them for 100 k just for the emotional distress dont take this lieing down so to speak take them to court comanies make a huge huge profit off the drivers by what u went thru by not paying u the driver for lds ect ect the list is endless what theses especially large carriers do to the drivers is very wrong and unacceptable sean fight swift to the bitter end believe me its great therapy
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm not going through with a lawsuit until I see an unmistakable green light. Lawsuite cost the PLAINTIFFS a lot of money too. And it's a long drawn out headache time wise. That's why MOST people don't do anything about it and move on.

I half see what you are trying to do and tell me, but the continual use of the word "COMPLAIN" sets me off. I am sick of the word "COMPLAIN" being used to say what I am doing here when I am here to INFORM. There is no way to write of negative things to INFORM without many seeing it as COMPLAINING. And I am sick of the "deal with it or get out" attitude.

Please, you obviously have a problem with my posts. I share information with those who had similar experiences, and tell those who have not taken the bait and gone into the industry yet. In the end, those who read these things can do as they please, but I am putting the information out as I experienced it for those who want to know of what has happened to some of us. You and others choose to see it as complaining and nothing else.

I suspect it is so you and others can make these companies look better than they are - to support them. And make me out to be just a complainer, and just plain bad. I suspect this is so because you (and others) support these companies, and it's because you don't like me attacking them - as though I am doing it without experiencing what I have.

I am telling you as I told Larry (which got deleted by Tenntruckerswife). Just leave me alone. You don't like my posts - DON'T READ THEM!!!!!!!!!! DON'T RESPOND TO THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am not being lured into making this a medium for arguing with people like you and Larry anymore. That's not what these forums are for. They are to INFORM, which is my intent, NOT "COMPLAIN"!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe I am not reading into what you are trying to say. Maybe you are not as articulate with words as I need people to be. Whatever the case, I think it's better we don't converse.

I don't support them(companies) and after people come here and read about them and still go, I don't feel sorry for them.
Swift has a reputation that has followed them for years, lol everytime I see a swift truck I think about that joke about the swift driver and the bucking horse at walmart.
With all the law suits swift is fighting they might be brought down in the end.

I don't support them(companies) and after people come here and read about them and still go, I don't feel sorry for them.
Swift has a reputation that has followed them for years, lol everytime I see a swift truck I think about that joke about the swift driver and the bucking horse at walmart.
With all the law suits swift is fighting they might be brought down in the end.

I only don't feel sorry for people who read, think it's a lie, go with these companies and have the same thing done to them. Unfortunately, MOST looking to get into trucking don't know about these forums, and/or don't check them out before commiting. The schools, companies and recruiters make it look too good to doubt and check out. I am going to continue to inform for those who do check these forums out before making a decision. While I had a rotten experience along with a lot of other people, it does not happen to everyone because these companies have to have a few successes.

SWIFT is an acronym for Sure Wish I Finished Training; WERNER is an acronym for We Employ Retards No Experience Required. I think all the starter companies have a bad rep because all drivers have to start somewhere, and a lot of new drivers get out there without adequate training from the school they came out of. Some even get pushed through so the school makes money for the CDL the student obtains, and they truly are not able to drive a semi well because they don't have the knack for it. But Swift, Werner and every other company who hires inexperienced drivers DO have drivers who are very good, and even new drivers who have the knack for the profession. I have to give them that much.

Swift is not the only carrier who is dealing with law suits. If I see an "IN" to file my own, I'm there. In the end, I hope all the carriers who have ruined the lives of people who could have been an asset to them eventually get what's coming to them.

While there appears to be some very valid concerns with Swift and others, if it's so blatant, has anyone contacted either state or federal labor boards? It seems as if confronting the companies results in very little change. However, if enough drivers have been burned and alert the state and feds it could start a chain reaction to improve how drivers are treated. Just a thought.

Heck with the labor board they have so many complaints in their file youll be lucky if they even look at it going to a labor board is like going to fmcsa nothing gets done when its at the drivers concern id go right down to the court house id pay whatever to fill out one of those official complaints any trucking company that does me wrong belivev me i will get even no matter how much time it takes how much money but i will get even drivers need to take a stand instead of complaining about what they did companies like swift crengland many more could give a rats ass about u youre nothing more then a robot and a profit machine to them and i dont mean delivering lds either companies r ripping drivers off big time and drivers sit back and take it why?after sueing one of my companies i felt pretty damn good i was in close contact with a driver there i guess my name was brought up on the qualcomm he said i made a huge impact on the company and drivers
Posted via Mobile Device

Sean why do u keep thinking your career as a trk driver is over?hell its just the beginning if u give it a chance but unfortunately youre stuck with 2 bit outfits till u get the exp after 6 months otr companies do get better the more exp u get the better the company so what if u have 2 speeding tickets on your mvr is that the only violation on your mvr?what about your dac whats on there besides termination ?u should see my dac its not very impressive believe me but some of the better companies knows alot of it is false they know companies black ball the drivers Your career is not over unless u want it to be over is that what u want sean?
Posted via Mobile Device

Sean why do u keep thinking your career as a trk driver is over?

Your career is not over unless u want it to be over is that what u want sean?
Posted via Mobile Device

Seans career is over. It's over because he cannot get over the "wrongs" done to him. He is bound and determined to relive every incident, every quallcomm statement and dwell on the past.

Sorry Sean your posts speak for themselves.

Sean why do u keep thinking your career as a trk driver is over?hell its just the beginning if u give it a chance but unfortunately youre stuck with 2 bit outfits till u get the exp after 6 months otr companies do get better the more exp u get the better the company so what if u have 2 speeding tickets on your mvr is that the only violation on your mvr?what about your dac whats on there besides termination ?u should see my dac its not very impressive believe me but some of the better companies knows alot of it is false they know companies black ball the drivers Your career is not over unless u want it to be over is that what u want sean?
Posted via Mobile Device

I wasn't going to bother with any response to this post, but I feel I am being pushed into it yet again, and have to defend myself.

First: I don't know what medium you are using to read posts, but if you actually pay attention to what you read, you will see that the two tickets were given to the person I was responding to. You were reading the QUOTE. I have no tickets or accidents - just Werner's B.S. termination on my DAC.

And second: People like you and jmurman need to just keep your opinions to yourselves. I don't think either of you know the employment situation now, and the fact that all it takes is a termination on your DAC to keep you from any semi driving job. Then there's the fact I have less than 6 months experience over the last 12 months and I am not a CONTRACTED student. The trucking industry does not need the experienced drivers they have to say nothing of someone at my level. The only reason the contracted students are sought is to keep the subsidy money coming in. New drivers are not really needed. The industry is saturated with more than enough experienced drivers to say nothing of new drivers trying to get in.

I have called every company I have half a chance with. I did not bother with any company who states 6 months or more experience required. No I do not want my trucking to be over. But that is not in my hands anymore. I was not permitted to get the minimum experience to go elsewhere, nor given the time to really learn any "ropes" to avoid this or that problem. You people who choose to just say "Seans career is over. It's over because he cannot get over the "wrongs" done to him. He is bound and determined to relive every incident, every quallcomm statement and dwell on the past" really have no clue of anything where I am concerned. You seem to think I have not checked into the possibility of another driving job, or other jobs for that matter. Moreover, I just think you are supporters of what is going on anyway, and back the trash companies doing what they do.

In some ways, I hope those of you with this "attitude" about me end up getting put out of work so you get some clue of how it really is these days. But then you have over a years worth of driving experience in semis, so you can't possibly know.

FYI, I called US Express. They are hiring those without experience. I have not been able to get to telling of my being terminated from Werner because I just wanted preliminary info so I can apply and be ready to leave for orientation after the holidays (I refuse to leave before on the chance US Express is just doing the same crap - I am spending the holidays doing what I WANT TO DO, then we'll see what happens). If US Express hires me, I will go and see what happens. But I read a post from someone else who was at orientation and was then not offered a job, and getting home was his problem. I asked why this would happen to the recruiter I spoke to, and they said that sometimes they don't have all the information checked out before the applicant leaves for orientation. Well just before I leave, I will be calling to see if they have checked and recieved everything they need. If not, I will not be leaving until they have everything. My time and money will not be wasted this time.

Again I am saying I am tired of being suckered into some debating session with those of you who seem to think you know everything about me based on what you read. I get suckered into the arguements because if I don't respond, you and others may look at it as my saying you are right. But I do tire of doing it, and I don't feel that is what this forum is for.

Ok i read enough your long posts puts me to sleep sean there is absolutely no talking to u is there i have been nice to you trying to give u helpful advice along with many others and u just cant take it youre not cut put for trk driving i think what suits u is washing dishes or rounding up carts at a walmart deffinately not driving trk good luck with your new exciting career
Posted via Mobile Device

Ok i read enough your long posts puts me to sleep sean there is absolutely no talking to u is there i have been nice to you trying to give u helpful advice along with many others and u just cant take it youre not cut put for trk driving i think what suits u is washing dishes or rounding up carts at a walmart deffinately not driving trk good luck with your new exciting career
Posted via Mobile Device

I was going to keep the response deleted, but I am not backing down from anyone. So since this an opinionated forum, I'll keep on with it.

I told you before, you don't like my posts, don't read them. But DUHHH, there you go again. Same goes for anyone else who don't like what I post. I said it time and time again, I am here to inform newbies of what CAN POSSIBLY happen to them since it has happened to me and others. I'm not here to debate with experienced drivers. And my "LONG POSTS" have been to explain and clarify everything, but then some of who I am dealing with here........

See, there you go again. Thinking you know me and what I am cut out for and not cut out for based on your interpretation on what you read. And others have done this crap too. I am more cut out to drive than you or anyone else know. If not dealing with un-warrented B.S. and going by the book makes me not cut out for trucking - so be it. Regulations are written for a reason. Just because a driver does not like the reasons/regs and does not like the fact he/she can't make a certain amount of money because of this reg or that reg does not mean he/she or the company can break that reg. Even if I did not like the regs or agree with them, I'd not feel they are open to interpretation of whether or not I will follow them. So it seems to me the companies and drivers who breech regulations here and there are the ones who are not cut out for trucking. You and I had issues on logging line 1 when I felt I am on duty not driving, and I was right in what I thought. When you are waiting, you are considered on duty not driving. Companies and other drivers brainwash to get people to save on their 70 to work more for the company, and not really worth it to the driver the way I see it. 70 hours a week for at best $700.00 BEFORE TAXES is enough to give anyone in my book. So if I use the system to NOT work 80 or 90 hours a week for only a little more makes trucking not for me, then so be it. If my being able to think for myself and recognize when the wrong and B.S. has gone too far, and I take a stand makes this not for me, then so be it.

As for the way new drivers have been USED for the subsidy money, and ABUSED to get them out of the industry to make way for more students to be abused for the subsidy money: If my not liking that makes me not cut out for trucking, then so be it. I'm more suited for this than you or others realize. I can work within the D.O.T regulations because I don't have to worry about sending $500.00 a week home on top of taking care of myself out there. I have that racket beat because I am not married, no kids, and no house I have to worry about maintaining. If I had those, I'd not be stupid enough to drive a truck O.T.R.. I'd find a couple of minimum wage jobs to be home everyday, because when you get right down to it, for newbies, driving a truck only equates to a couple of minimum wage jobs. And I can easily run ontime loads if I were given the same courtesy as other drivers who have plenty of time to do it. Werner stuck it to me with the tight times because they wanted to run me like I had decades of experience out there and knew all the ropes of how to get around this or that. They did this because I was cheap miles for them as other newbies are - I was running twice the miles veterins are. You can take your "rounding up carts at WalMart" and "washing dishes" analogy where I am concerned and stuff it. You said that to me before. That, the above mentioned, and your constant "deal with it or get out" has not been "being nice to me" as you put it. When you get right down to it, washing dishes and pushing shopping carts is no where near as degrading as trucking is with the way they use and abuse these days. I NEVER had the nonsense with ANY other job that trucking has thrown at me. You and several others have done nothing but pick apart what I have said, and turned it around on me like I am the wrong one here. You and others have done nothing but flame on me, so if you and those others are really done talking to me, I am eternally greatful. Means this forum can get back to the real intent, and I don't have to constantly defend myself; and I will do that when experienced drivers who have not experienced what it is to be new these days have negative things to say to me when I post what they don't agree with. I will continue to bite back when I am told things to the contrary of what I HAVE EXPERIENCED, and especially when someone tells me what I am or am not cut out for - you nor anyone else don't know diddly crap about me other than I'm not afraid to speak my mind. Being a newbie today is not what it was even a couple of years ago - it's a lot worse. Too many of you still live in the past where jobs were more plentiful. This forum is to INFORM, not ARGUE. I informed and some experienced drivers pretty much called me a liar or not being honest or accurate in what I say as though sticking up for the companies who have done the wrong to so many.

YOU'RE the one who can't take the heat of the kitchen. I fire back, and you get in an uproar too. Don't expect me to be mister nice guy when I respond to a post that accuses me of being something I'm not. I'm not nice when I defend myself, but I can be a lot meaner than I have been here.

You have had almost nothing constructive or useful to say to me since I can remember.

I have every right to be provoked when experienced drivers decide I am this or that, or try to tell me things are easier than they are when they know nothing of what it is to try to get into the industry today. People want to THINK my posts speak for themselves, and decide I am not cut out for trucking. I'm not cut out to be around such opinionated and ignorant people - I'll tell you that. And that starts with the idiots in the offices running these companies. And I'm tired of 19 year old know it all wanna-bes who've never been out there and think they can put me in my place.

The way some of you turn things around on me and seem to defend the industry, it seems you are recruiters or inside workers for these trashy companies.

I dont mind reading your posts this an opinionated forum correct?deal with it if u dont like folks disagreeing with whatever u say well then dont post anything bottom line bud is if u cant take the heat then get out of the kitchen
Posted via Mobile Device

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread