Trucking Regulations: Speed Differentials and Governor Idea

I have a piece of laminated cardboard (stolen from GM) that covers about 3/4 of the grill with about an 8" hole cut in the middle...
but I don't use it very often.

Did you steal that in 1972? Because I think that was standard equipment on every Transtar back then! Held on with bungees, of course.

In 1972, I was still training to **** off the poop deck.
:biggrin-2:

I didn't start trucking for nearly a score of years later...
but I aim to remain...
just as long as you will let me.
:cool-61:

SAY MY NAME, BITCH!!!
:sneaky:
[Sorry, it's an old line...
I got carried away.]

Seems to me running 100 and sleeping 4 and doing it again would solve most except extreme cold fuel problems. I avoid biodiesel when it's below zero but i don't know which states require a blend. I believe blending all is / was in the EPA futures plan. Since ULSF i haven't had problems with gelling since removing the sulfer seems to have removed the parafin and i have never used oil pan heaters but it must take an awsome amount of amps to maitain oil to a point that would'nt grab the crank; synthetics i guess, but they still get thick ,though not solid, but still you would have to circulate 10 gallons wouldn't you?
I run two fuel filters one a Raccor type/ bubble that works so good you have to drain it every drain cycle cycle, has a heater in it but it sits right next to the block. I don't switch it always as it is a pain to avoid air-bind, even when running primer pump for 10 min, so i alternate. But i too often run into cold when i haven't changed the little ****er. PPF is a water dispersant and should be all you need with the new fuel. I've used dry gas before it failed, when the pedal gets soft, but wouldn't advise it. I'm thinking that picture of gelled fuel -impressive failure- had to be bio fuel.
I never saw the sense in spending 7 grand on an APU unit i would only use 4-5 times a year but now it is essential equipment, but if the ******* thing is going to keep the neighborhood awake, i don't want to be that guy either. Is there a concensus on a quiet APU that does a great job?
When i say i've been in your shoes it is that i have tried most all types of operating from slip-seat driver to independent contractor , that is all. Never bought a truck from a carrier that i drove for or leased one from them, that seems kind of foolish as you're just buying their truck for them. And buying a used truck from a carrier and staying on their authority: i mean it's nice to help them maintain their bottom line, won't help yours.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread