Sleep Apnea Scam

Drifter McDuck

Apparently we are to believe that our government has come up with a questionnaire that is 100% accurate in diagnosing sleep apnea. I got flagged for it based only on my neck size. Got sent to a lab tech (not a doctor) for a sleep study, and have now tested positive, despite not showing any of the symptoms or side effects. I'm told by the tech that no one has ever tested negative. Amazing right? But of course, I can't see the results. They have to send them to a doctor first..... I smell scam

Yep. Pay them $3000 and wade through a bunch of red tape or your livelihood is ruined.

I'd wait til I had more evidence of fraud & report the doctor involved to the state licensing bureau.

Yep. Pay them $3000 and wade through a bunch of red tape or your livelihood is ruined.

I'd wait til I had more evidence of fraud & report the doctor involved to the state licensing bureau.
Are you and the op related?Don't forget the machine the driver now has to pay for.The medical field is bound and determine to rob from the ppl in one way or another.

The medical field is bound and determine to rob from the ppl in one way or another.
Health care providers get ripped off on a daily basis too. Government thinks they're slaves, basically.

Doesn't excuse ripping people off with sleep apnea scams though.

No doctor even involved..... Because of my neck size I got forced to schedule a sleep study. Lab tech hooked me up on a sleep monitor in the afternoon. I came back the following morning. He reviewed the results and said I tested positive, but he couldn't show me the results because only a doctor can do that. Then they gave me the machine with a 15 minute lesson on how to use and clean it

No doctor even involved..... Because of my neck size I got forced to schedule a sleep study. Lab tech hooked me up on a sleep monitor in the afternoon. I came back the following morning. He reviewed the results and said I tested positive, but he couldn't show me the results because only a doctor can do that. Then they gave me the machine with a 15 minute lesson on how to use and clean it
I know it,your neck size was in the red zone so you're automatically positive.Sure you're not the only one either and it is nothing but a scam.What is it 17 neck size is when you get tested?What motor carrier was this?I think Martin has the sleep abnea testing.

The doctor is in on it.

I'm sure a doctor is involved somewhere down the line, but there wasn't even a doctor at the office where I had this done. Just a lab tech and a couple of admins in the front.

Only a doctor can officially diagnose you.
I think you might have a lawsuit on your hands.

Who OWNS the place.......
Probably a shell company owned by a shell company owned by a "consortium" of "investors", none of whom are legally liable because blah blah blah & the listed CEO only exists on paper.

Kind of like Hormel.

But that's just the company who did the study, up in wauconda IL. I was scheduled by a different company out of Houston

Is that mean someone can force you off the road (disqualify you from driving commercial)??

I've seen few medical 'issues' come up this week when people are going through the physical checks. Suddenly you have too high blood pressure, your eye-glasses are not current, etc. Lot's of hoops for people to jump just to get into a training program.

I believe I cracked open the door just enough to peek at the light.

A lot of carriers will work with drivers to get them through their medical issues, if possible. Its not all doom 'n gloom.

The company will put me out of service if I'm non-compliant with treatment, and the damn machine has a modem on it and transmits whether I'm using it or not. As far as DOT regs go, my treatment only becomes an issue when it's time to renew my medical card. I'm leaving the company and going independent next week, so this little issue is going on the shelf for a while

The courts actually stopped the FMCSA from meddling too much in sleep disorders. All that remains is the rule requiring that reviewing doctors screen for risk of sleep apnea and ensure proper treatment is completed before signing off on your medical certificate renewal.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread