Skin Cancer

I laid out in the sun for yrs.I was addicted to suntanning.Not no more after the back of my knees got severly burned.I could'nt walk for a week.I had to go to outpatients.Behind the knees is where you're most likely to get skin cancer.Not only tanning outside but suntan beds also causes skin cancer plus if you lay out too much your skin looks like leather.It also causes wrinkles.Sure you look good for a littlewhile but you lay out alot longer then the tan last.Reason I laid out for yrs was because I had a bad case of hives which caused scarring and in a certain light they were purple.I was very self conscious,always wore long sleeves even in the hottest weather.Well the sun did lighten them up where they're not at all noticeable.My goal was to stop once I got the scars covered butI just kept laying out yr after yr 7 days a week.All day sat and sun from early till dark and after work till dark.I was deffinately a sun worshiper.Glad I finally stopped.

I laid out in the sun for yrs.I was addicted to suntanning.Not no more after the back of my knees got severly burned.I could'nt walk for a week.I had to go to outpatients.Behind the knees is where you're most likely to get skin cancer.Not only tanning outside but suntan beds also causes skin cancer plus if you lay out too much your skin looks like leather.It also causes wrinkles.Sure you look good for a littlewhile but you lay out alot longer then the tan last.Reason I laid out for yrs was because I had a bad case of hives which caused scarring and in a certain light they were purple.I was very self conscious,always wore long sleeves even in the hottest weather.Well the sun did lighten them up where they're not at all noticeable.My goal was to stop once I got the scars covered butI just kept laying out yr after yr 7 days a week.All day sat and sun from early till dark and after work till dark.I was deffinately a sun worshiper.Glad I finally stopped.

I have heard that sunning or even a tanning bed helps with some skin conditions.
Even with all the warnings about skin cancer some people just can't seem to stop sun bathing or using a tanning bed.
A lot of the tanning bed patrons take on an orange tone to their skin. They seem to be oblivious to this artificial mutant skin color though. Lol
A healthy glow to one's skin is beautiful, when done in moderation.

You heard right,sunning yourself does help certain skin conditions.But my problem was I could'nt stop once I achieved my goal.I also used the worst thing possible,vaseline for suntanning because I was alergic to coppertone.I got real lucky not getting skin cancer but I learned my lesson.Then tanning your face is bad once you start peeling.I don't reccomend tanning but if you do,do it slowly not like I did and just had to tan in a hurry.
I have heard that sunning or even a tanning bed helps with some skin conditions.
Even with all the warnings about skin cancer some people just can't seem to stop sun bathing or using a tanning bed.
A lot of the tanning bed patrons take on an orange tone to their skin. They seem to be oblivious to this artificial mutant skin color though. Lol
A healthy glow to one's skin is beautiful, when done in moderation.

Fue una broma!

Yes! I will keep singing my, "in moderation" song. Lol
I had a bad scare about skin cancer a year ago. I'm fair skinned with blonde hair.
Other than being on the swim team, when I was younger, I don't worship the sun.
I will work and play in the sun but I won't lay out in it, nor frequent the tanning bed.
Skin cancer is hereditary in my family, so I know to avoid prolonged exposure to the sun.
I was lucky that the spot, that my doctor thought was a melanoma, was not cancerous. My parents, on the other hand, have not been so fortunate.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread