Share Jump Seat With Reporter?

SilverSurfer

Old School'd
Swiss Television, out of Washington D.C., is looking for independent's to ride along with and report on what the current fuel situation is doing to professional drivers. I received an email today from a freelance producer asking for assistance in locating drivers willing to share their story of how this current situation is affecting them. It's not any of the major stations (abc, nbc, cnn, etc.,) but it's media attention...and it's a Washington D.C. station.

Following is the email I received, and I would hope those of you committed in getting things done will take advantage of this offer. I have been requested to receive and pass along interested drivers info.

Dear Americandriver.com.

I was hoping you might be able to help us. I am a producer working for Swiss TV, based in Washington DC. We would really like to highlight the current crisis for America's truckers and the high cost of fuel. Ideally we would like to film a few truckers over the course of two days or so and find out how it is affecting their lives.
We've read that quite a few truckers are thinking of selling their trucks and leaving the business -- we were hoping you might be able to help us find someone who would like to share their stories with us?

About us: Swiss TV SF (Schweizer Fernsehen) is Switzerland 's biggest broadcaster. It is part of the SRG Group, which includes three TV stations and three radio stations which broadcast nation-wide in the country's three main languages German, French and Italian. SF is a public broadcaster and reaches the entire Swiss market.

I appreciate any advice you might have.
All the best,

Please email your contact and info to [email protected]

-ss-

DO you want me to repost this for ya SS?

Let's wait til tomorrow. Nanette emailed me back about possibly needing to clarify her position with Swiss TV. She's a freelance producer contracted with Swiss TV. I'm waiting for an email from her with exactly how she wants to word it. I'll chat with ya later. Thanks

-ss-

If you have the time...I've edited my post to accommodate Nanette's request. Thanks darling.

-ss-

I understand she wants to ride along but what is she looking for to find ? is she willing to ride along and put up with the waitng at shippers/recievers for a load or to get get loaded ?

She can ride along with me... oh wait hold on. Can I get a pic first?

I was waiting on that from you. i googled her and couldn't come up with a pic. remember the other lady that did this a few years back. now she was HOT. she did an article in the pilot magazine. she could have rode me ...i mean with me any day. lol.

I was waiting on that from you. i googled her and couldn't come up with a pic. remember the other lady that did this a few years back. now she was HOT. she did an article in the pilot magazine. she could have rode me ...i mean with me any day. lol.

Oh damn Yea I remember that. wow. Cant belive you remembered that. ahhh ha, thats why the pilots are so clean now!

With all due respect...here's an opportunity to get your message out about the bs that's happening to independent's, and y'all go and post hoopla. She is watching this post looking for serious takers regarding her request. I thought y'all were serious about getting media attention, so I put this post up to help out.

I seriously don't mean any disrespect to any of y'all...but it's time to step up, or step aside.

-ss-

Well I agree, but i'm not seeing anyone taking him up on this great opportunity and my husband is a local driver and he said she could ride with him but i think otr shows the real truckdriver, believe me, i have been there with him and done that, it's tough..

I do agree with both of you regarding otr to local, but I would hope to get both views possibly into the media. This is effecting both otr and local independents and the contrast between the two areas would make a good report regarding what's affecting independents.

-ss-

Well I agree, but i'm not seeing anyone taking him up on this great opportunity and my husband is a local driver and he said she could ride with him but i think otr shows the real truckdriver, believe me, i have been there with him and done that, it's tough..
I would talk to mine but I think this is it for us when he makes it back in.
we are under, and the fuel keeps going up.

I do agree with both of you regarding otr to local, but I would hope to get both views possibly into the media. This is effecting both otr and local independents and the contrast between the two areas would make a good report regarding what's affecting independents.

-ss-
WELL, my husband said he would glady let her ride with him here in TN.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread