Roadcheck 2008 - June 3-5

Mike

June 3-5, 2008 is the date that has been announced for Roadcheck 2008. For those who don't know about this event, an increased effort is made toward the inspection of trucks and buses.

The goal is supposed to be getting a focus on removing unsafe motor vehicles from the Nation's roadways. I am sure the extra income involved in the numerous violations handed out has a little something to do with it as well.

More than 10,000 officers are expected to be placed on duty for this 3 day (72 hour) event.

A top priority during this nationwide even will be seatbelts, so be sure you are wearing them.

June 3-5, 2008 is the date that has been announced for Roadcheck 2008. For those who don't know about this event, an increased effort is made toward the inspection of trucks and buses.

The goal is supposed to be getting a focus on removing unsafe motor vehicles from the Nation's roadways. I am sure the extra income involved in the numerous violations handed out has a little something to do with it as well.

More than 10,000 officers are expected to be placed on duty for this 3 day (72 hour) event.

hmmmm, you must have esp or something nothing listed anywhere about this.

Never mind I did find it, on CVSA's website...Thanks for posting this.

since you will be new to trucking, and probably still with a trainer (or maybe not), just make sure your logbook is 100% accurate..........

as for the truck/trailer, make sure the lights are working, ESPECIALLY the stop lights.................

up here on Connecticut, when you pull into a weigh station, there is a DOT officer outside watching as you pull onto the scales. as you stop on the scales, he looks for your stop lights.

since you will be new to trucking, and probably still with a trainer (or maybe not), just make sure your logbook is 100% accurate..........

as for the truck/trailer, make sure the lights are working, ESPECIALLY the stop lights.................

up here on Connecticut, when you pull into a weigh station, there is a DOT officer outside watching as you pull onto the scales. as you stop on the scales, he looks for your stop lights.

Thanks pro1driver...
But I have been through a few of these. I have been driving since 1996.

Thanks pro1driver...
But I have been through a few of these. I have been driving since 1996.

oh my, sincerest applegies to you....

for some strange reason, i got the impression you were new to the business...

sorry guy, didn't mean to insult you that way...........

oh my, sincerest applegies to you....

for some strange reason, i got the impression you were new to the business...

sorry guy, didn't mean to insult you that way...........

I was not insulted....just didn't figure you wanted to waste time typing just for me..:clap:

It is good information for new drivers to know though.

If truckers really wanted to pick a good time to strike (or shutdown), this would be a much better time than April Fools Day.

If truckers really wanted to pick a good time to strike (or shutdown), this would be a much better time than April Fools Day.

From what I am hearing now it is suppose to be on March 24...(I have heard all sorts of dates but this is the most for certain date) <meaning I heard it the most times...:D

But I agree this would be the best time to do it. Most O/O take those days off anyway.
I went through a bunch of them the year before, got tired of seeing them.

I was not insulted....

I DIDN'T INSULT YOU......I DIDN'T INSULT YOU.......???

THEN CAN I TRY NOW.....?? HUH....HUH....CAN I, HUH, CAN I.......?????:biglaugh:

for the most part though, those are done in june/july, but some states have thier own 24, or 36, or 48, or 72 hour inspections.....

one time, driving through Connecticut, RI, and Mass, they stopped us in the weigh stations just to give us the new hours of service information (back then) which were little booklets, then they sent us on our way....

thanks for posting this Bullwinkle. i'm gonna have to write this down and remember the dates so i can keep from donating any more funds to the police retirement funds.

Thanks Bullwinkle! If I remember, I'll try to specfically not drive those three days. I may have to, but we'll see.

I'll bet as tight as things are now, that some of the D.O.T Pigs will get there asses kicked. Right now is no time to be pickin' on a Trucker, There is nothing left to buy tires and stuff when fuel is taking 60% of the gross.

Well, we are right in the middle of this now. Is everybody (that is still driving) escaping the tickets?

I have one weight station that I have to go by at night here in Arkansas, and worried that it would be open, but even with this going on, they still haven't opened it. Hopefully, it stays that way.

Well, we are right in the middle of this now. Is everybody (that is still driving) escaping the tickets?

I have one weight station that I have to go by at night here in Arkansas, and worried that it would be open, but even with this going on, they still haven't opened it. Hopefully, it stays that way.
So far, And hope to keep it that way,
or I'll be selling something to get him money for tires.

The main focus is supposed to be seat belt usage. I noticed that over the past few weeks that Arkansas has been putting up signs all over the place in regards to seat belts, basically attaching them to all the "county line" signs.

The main focus is supposed to be seat belt usage. I noticed that over the past few weeks that Arkansas has been putting up signs all over the place in regards to seat belts, basically attaching them to all the "county line" signs.
untill they got ya,
then they get ya.:spend:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread