Putting off the doctor

hurgoll

Why do guys do this? Truckers are the worst I know of, they use being on the road and being able to see "their" doctor as a reason not to see a doctor at all.

We had a driver pass out in our lot and we thought he had a stroke or something when we found him.

He just had a very bad ear infection, no big deal right? wrong he keep putting off going to the doctor tell he "got home" that it almost killed him.

guys see a doctor if you are sick.

I've been guilty of the doctor evasion thing too, but truthfully, it is the pits when you're out on the road. Depending on where you're at you have to drop the trailer and make a dispatcher and maybe a customer mad when you sit in a waiting room instead of getting down the road. If you can't find an Urgent Care you end up having an ER visit, which can be big bucks even with insurance. And then you have to get your prescription filled. Just the thought of it all is enough to make me sick :) Seriously, I hope they come through with the cheap clinics at Wal-Marts and places like that. I could handle that.

I've been guilty of the doctor evasion thing too, but truthfully, it is the pits when you're out on the road. Depending on where you're at you have to drop the trailer and make a dispatcher and maybe a customer mad when you sit in a waiting room instead of getting down the road. If you can't find an Urgent Care you end up having an ER visit, which can be big bucks even with insurance. And then you have to get your prescription filled. Just the thought of it all is enough to make me sick :) Seriously, I hope they come through with the cheap clinics at Wal-Marts and places like that. I could handle that.

That is an awesome idea, putting clinics at Wal-Marts where everyone could reach them. Or even put a small clinic at large truck stops? Sure would be helpful.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread