Get To The Doctor Immediately !!!!

Trkingpro

I almost lost my younger brother yesterday. He had complained about pain in his lower abdomen for a few days then finally went to the hospital Friday night. They diagnosed his appendix was bad and scheduled surgery for yesterday morning. On the way to surgery they thought it ruptured. What really happened was both his appendix and his bowels ruptured at the same time. He was in surgery over 3 hrs. while they repaired the damage and washed his entire insides out. They think he will be fine but will keep him for at least a week.
The point to this topic is... If you don't feel good, get your hind end to a doctor or hospital ASAP because it could be more serious than you think, and right now I can't afford to send flowers or goto another funeral.

@Tim almost lost a friend to appendicitis a few years ago. I was busy talkin' to the Grandmothers over that one for quite a while.
Yeah that was a rough night for him and the following 28 days. Two weeks he was in a medical induced coma. Doctor said he was one lucky trucker.

So true!!! Glad to hear he's ok!!! So many patients who have appendicitis don't have the typical symptoms of fever, right lower abdominal pain, lack of appetite, so many don't realize its happening to them. The last few patients I've diagnosed had a central tummy ache and thought they had food poisoning.

But if you run to your doctor everytime you have a tummy ache some will think you're a hypochondriac. I don't know how you all do it!! I say err on the side of caution and get things checked out. Trust your instinct and if one medical provider blows you off get another opinion.

The last few patients I've diagnosed had a central tummy ache and thought they had food poisoning.
Thats what my friend thought he had.
He swore it was the chicken he had the night before.
26 hours later he was in so much pain I had to chain his coil down. He was sweating like a horse after a long hard ride and drinking water all most non stop.
I keep telling him it was either his gall bladder or appendix. I tried to get him to go to the hospital,he had no part of that.....biggest reason he didnt want to be in one in Cincinnati.:eek:
I had a whole bottle of amoxicillin and he started taking them and we went truckin'.:whistling:
He went home and spent the weekend at his house!
84 hours after the first pain he goes to the hospital and was rushed into surgery.
Doctors asked him why he had such high level of antibiotics in his blood and he told them about the amoxicillin. Then they wanted to know where he got it, he didnt remember.:confused-96:
They said that was about the only thing that kept him from dieing.
They had to wash him out three times while he was in that coma.
Appendicitis aint nice!!

I wouldn't think it would be appropriate to rush to the hospital over every little belly ache, but if it lasts for longer than a few hours (and especially if it lasts for days) then it's a good idea. Of course, I say this but probably wouldn't be any more likely to do it than these other guys here.

Doctors said he will recover but going to be in for a while. Then more time at home not working. Thanks for all your comments and good wishes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread