Power Inverters

hrod3866

What are some good power inverters you guys suggest I should invest in? I was looking at the Cobra 2500W Power Inverter but I cannot find any genuine reviews. Any feedback on this specific inverter? Suggestions for others are welcome as well.

Most things will work with a modified sine wave inverter - notably, not CPAP machines, and I've had problems with HP brand printers.

The difference between pure sine and modified sine wave inverter is that the bulky filter components needed to shape the inverter output into a pure sine wave are deleted.

Cobra makes a good product, especially since they changed the style of their output power terminals. So does Powerdrive.

Start up spikes on a microwave can be harmful to some inverters too.
Absolutely. When I was engineering for a living, the maximum sustainable power spike was something one always looked for in the specs. If the manufacturer didn't provide that spec (common,) the rule of thumb we used was to provide enough inverter power capacity to double the expected continuous draw. That might seem excessive, but a beefier inverter will have tougher components that are more likely to withstand high instantaneous peak loads.

Most things will work with a modified sine wave inverter - notably, not CPAP machines, and I've had problems with HP brand printers.

The difference between pure sine and modified sine wave inverter is that the bulky filter components needed to shape the inverter output into a pure sine wave are deleted.

Cobra makes a good product, especially since they changed the style of their output power terminals. So does Powerdrive.

So which one would you suggest is better, all things considered? Cobra or Powerdrive?

So which one would you suggest is better, all things considered? Cobra or Powerdrive?
I've used both successfully. I installed a 3000W Powerdrive unit last fall. It's working fine - no issues with my electronics.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread